Advertisement

New Sunday TV Shows

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:50 am

Carrie wrote:I'm gonna have to pop a cap in your ass. I'm sorry. It's nothing personal, but red is my color. The Indian lady at the gas station told me so.

Well, I can't argue with that.

I guess we'll just have to fight over turf now

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Advertisement

Carrie

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Carrie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:51 am

MoneyMelon wrote:Well, I can't argue with that.

I guess we'll just have to fight over turf now

Bring it! :evil:

kingofcities
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingofcities » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:58 am

Army Wives ignites gang war. Details at 11!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby misac » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:24 pm

Spiderrob wrote:
Plus, I am already forced to watch the worst show in history, So You Think You Can Dance for 4 hours a week. :evil:

You forget you have a penis then? :P

I liked In Plain Sight. Not as good as Psych and Burn Notice but it's good.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:42 pm

misac wrote:Not as good as Psych and Burn Notice but it's good.

What's the story with Burn Notice? I don't know anything about it but I saw a commercial for season two and Bruce Campbell was there so yeah, I'm in.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 234 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:54 pm

kingofcities wrote:What's the story with Burn Notice? I don't know anything about it but I saw a commercial for season two and Bruce Campbell was there so yeah, I'm in.

Burn Notice is great - one of the best shows on TV IMO. It's about a former spy who has been blacklisted for reasons he doesn't understand, and his efforts to find out why, while acting as a kind of detective / bodyguard in Miami. Campbell is his buddy (former special ops). Seriously, if you can track down Season 1 you really ought to.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Spiderrob wrote:Plus, I am already psyched to watch the worst show in history, So You Think You Can Dance for 4 hours a week. :evil:

Fixed because anyone who willingly listens to Z100 has to like this show. It's a scientific fact.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:46 pm

The USA website probably has all the episodes online.

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:06 pm

I really enjoyed "In Plain Sight." Part of it is McCormack's whacky character, her crazy family, a high level of snark.

I also think there's a good balance of outright humor with some lunacy, and the more serious, dramatic elements.

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Nightfly » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:30 am

Carrie wrote:I cried like a baby.

Me too :( I totally wasn't expecting that.
AW has teared me up a couple times and everytime it's been really unexpected.

Spiderrob wrote:I have to admit, I was reading something about Army Wives and it sounded intriguing.
Actually it did sound good.

Certainly the best writing of any Lifetime show ever. IMO some of the best writing on tv period. But it may have something to do w/ my relationship (or lack thereof) to the material / subject matter.

Diana_Fan wrote:I really enjoyed "In Plain Sight." Part of it is McCormack's whacky character, her crazy family, a high level of snark.

I also think there's a good balance of outright humor with some lunacy, and the more serious, dramatic elements.

I liked it better this week. The humor felt a little more natural & I enjoyed getting to know more about her crazy family also. The whole father/son thing this week showed the series intends to have a heart. :)
I look forward to learning more about her partner and their history - it's clear she has sincere trust/respect for him

nietoperz wrote:Burn Notice is great - one of the best shows on TV IMO. It's about a former spy who has been blacklisted for reasons he doesn't understand, and his efforts to find out why, while acting as a kind of detective / bodyguard in Miami. Campbell is his buddy (former special ops). Seriously, if you can track down Season 1 you really ought to.

Completely agree. One of the best series going. Smart plot, cool cast, and loads of action... no wonder its ratings came in #1 every week it was on last summer.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:42 pm

diana_fan wrote:I really enjoyed "In Plain Sight." Part of it is McCormack's whacky character, her crazy family, a high level of snark.

I actually liked her partner more than Mary.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:59 am

nietoperz wrote:Burn Notice is great - one of the best shows on TV IMO. It's about a former spy who has been blacklisted for reasons he doesn't understand, and his efforts to find out why, while acting as a kind of detective / bodyguard in Miami. Campbell is his buddy (former special ops). Seriously, if you can track down Season 1 you really ought to.

Cool, I'll pick it up if I find it on DVD.

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:28 am

Nightfly wrote:I liked it better this week. The humor felt a little more natural & I enjoyed getting to know more about her crazy family also. The whole father/son thing this week showed the series intends to have a heart.
I look forward to learning more about her partner and their history - it's clear she has sincere trust/respect for him

Yes, she does. And the show definitely has heart. I just really like her character for some reason.

misac wrote:I actually liked her partner more than Mary.

Because you HATE WOMEN!

Wait. That's not right. There's a reason, though, I'm sure of it. :)

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:03 pm

diana_fan wrote:Because you HATE WOMEN!

Wait. That's not right. There's a reason, though, I'm sure of it. :)

No, you're right. :wink:

He's just so relaxed and laid back.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum