Advertisement

So I finally did it...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 48 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:22 am

JL_Amato wrote:You'll have to post spoilers for MGS4 as you play because it'll be awhile before I get to play it.

:(


I will.. as it stands, I won't be buying it until this weekend, because buying the PS3 new with MLB 08 left me with about $5 total, unless I trade in some old 360 games.. which I might do if I'm too impatient to wait for Saturday, LOL..
Image

Advertisement

JL_Amato
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6871
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:08 pm


Postby JL_Amato » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:32 am

DaReekstah wrote:I will.. as it stands, I won't be buying it until this weekend, because buying the PS3 new with MLB 08 left me with about $5 total, unless I trade in some old 360 games.. which I might do if I'm too impatient to wait for Saturday, LOL..

I would.

I know COD4 nets you like $35 in credit.
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 48 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 am

JL_Amato wrote:I would.

I know COD4 nets you like $35 in credit.


There's no way I'm getting rid of COD4. That's one of my favorite games.
Image

JL_Amato
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6871
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:08 pm


Postby JL_Amato » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:54 am

DaReekstah wrote:There's no way I'm getting rid of COD4. That's one of my favorite games.

I figured you wouldn't I was just letting you know.

If you have a bunch of shit games you can probably trade those in and make like $3-10 bucks on each.
Image

D
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3470
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Chimerica


Postby D » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:50 pm

I bought a 40GB PS3 about a half a year ago mainly for Blu Ray and I still don't have a PS3 game.

Is there any online baseball game? Like if I wanted to play a game against Reek?

JL_Amato
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6871
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:08 pm


Postby JL_Amato » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:54 pm

D wrote:I bought a 40GB PS3 about a half a year ago mainly for Blu Ray and I still don't have a PS3 game.

Is there any online baseball game? Like if I wanted to play a game against Reek?

MLB: The Show '08 is online and you can play against friends.
Image

D
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3470
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Chimerica


Postby D » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:06 pm

JL_Amato wrote:MLB: The Show '08 is online and you can play against friends.
Really? That sounds awesome.

PS3 Online is free right? All I need is wireless like with the Wii?

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 48 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:28 pm

D wrote:Really? That sounds awesome.

PS3 Online is free right? All I need is wireless like with the Wii?


Yeah.

I haven't tried it online yet, but I hear The Show is kind of laggy online.
Image

D
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3470
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Chimerica


Postby D » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Yeah.

I haven't tried it online yet, but I hear The Show is kind of laggy online.
I hope not. Seems like that would be a huge problem for the hitter.

jza1218
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby jza1218 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:40 am

You know what I just realized...you should have bought the PS3 at Walmart for $400 and they give you a $100 gift card. That way you could have gotten MGS4 for free and another game (you could just buy MLB The Show on your own because you can get it used pretty cheap)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... 0656182468

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 48 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:56 am

jza1218 wrote:You know what I just realized...you should have bought the PS3 at Walmart for $400 and they give you a $100 gift card. That way you could have gotten MGS4 for free and another game (you could just buy MLB The Show on your own because you can get it used pretty cheap)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... 0656182468


Fuck me. I dipped into my savings yesterday and bought Resistance: Fall of Man used, and took out enough to get MGS4 today as well.. curses. I wish I'd have known about this. That $100 gift card could've been tits.
Image

jza1218
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby jza1218 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:04 am

DaReekstah wrote:Fuck me. I dipped into my savings yesterday and bought Resistance: Fall of Man used, and took out enough to get MGS4 today as well.. curses. I wish I'd have known about this. That $100 gift card could've been tits.


I knew about it :lol:

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 48 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:32 am

jza1218 wrote:I knew about it :lol:


Goddamn you, jza! GODDAMN YOU!

And I just called Gamestop, and they're sold out already of the regular edition as far as pre-orders go, and they said Konami or whoever only sent them as many copies as pre-orders until the next shipment for the midnight release .. all they had left for pre-order was the limited edition, which is $85 and comes with tons of extras..

I'm sad now.

I'm still going down there to make my pre-order though.

If only I had a $100 gift card.. :x :x :x
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 48 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:14 pm

AHA!

When I went down to Gamestop to reserve my copy of the limited edition, the chick there said that after I called she checked and they did indeed have two more copies of the regular edition.. so.. I don't have to pay $30 more than the regular price afterall! Jackpot!

Also.. she looked like she had no clue about anything video games-related.. I tried to get her to sell me the copy early, and she almost did, before the other guy walked out of the back. :x :x
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 48 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:18 am

Holy F'N shit..

I just "played" the game for about half an hour.. though I guess only about half of that was actual gameplay.. and this game is already tops on my all-time list.

Graphics are the best I've ever seen, on any system.. slightly edging Gears of War. The music already has me hooked.. gameplay is SOLID..

And to add to the cinematic experience, there are trailer/commercials before the official start of the game! (After you start the game, but before the official intro.. one of the commercials is live-action and kind of introduces the game)
Image

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], MSNbot Media and 55 guests

Advertisement