Friday, December 9, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 195 - DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #899

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:50 pm

I tried to let my hatred for Deadpool not cloud my judgement of this book. I could have easily given it a 2 or 1. I tried to ignore my preconceptions of the character, and if this was my first time exposed to him, I wouldn't mind him as much.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Jubilee wrote:I tried to let my hatred for Deadpool not cloud my judgement of this book. I could have easily given it a 2 or 1. I tried to ignore my preconceptions of the character, and if this was my first time exposed to him, I wouldn't mind him as much.

In doing so it has clouded your judgement.

It sounds as if to me, you think the book deserves a 2 or a 1 but gave it a four instead.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Eh, this wasn't that bad actually, I like Arcade, and it was fun seeing Nightmare show up to follow on from God Squad, and there were some very clever ideas here, as usual from FVL.

Deadpool himself wasn't too annoying, and I liked how FVL managed to make fun of the ridiculous ubiquity and general stupidity of the character, while not outright insulting the reader. The way they worked in the multiple voiceovers was very clever. But still... a lot of the jokes were terrible, and the idea of the book itself offends me... Review to come later.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 pm

I've give it a four! That's that!
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 pm

IN other words, give the book the score you think it deserves. (But be ready to back it up)
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Jubilee wrote:I've give it a four! That's that!

at least one of your quotes is a lie. I will be happy to let every body know that in my sig.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:54 pm

thefifthman wrote:IN other words, give the book the score you think it deserves. (But be ready to back it up)


A four.

I like Arcade, I liked the art enough. I thought the story was ok, accesible and not to over the top. I dislike it because I dislike the jokes (especially the *insert fourthwall breaking here*) and nothing really happened.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 pm

thefifthman wrote:at least one of your quotes is a lie. I will be happy to let every body know that in my sig.


It was a quote... from the future!
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Jubilee wrote:A four.

I like Arcade, I liked the art enough. I thought the story was ok, accesible and not to over the top. I dislike it because I dislike the jokes (especially the *insert fourthwall breaking here*) and nothing really happened.

See how much easier that is for me to accept than "I scored it higher because I hate Deadpool" was?
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Jubilee wrote:It was a quote... from the future!

and just to keep it a lie, I will refuse to read it while it is in your sig.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:56 pm

thefifthman wrote:See how much easier that is for me to accept than "I scored it higher because I hate Deadpool" was?


I said such in my original review!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:57 pm

thefifthman wrote:and just to keep it a lie, I will refuse to read it while it is in your sig.


I will keep it in for a week, arrange some kind of deal with you that you'll read the first three issues when you take it out, and then you'll say it, it'll go back in my quote, and then me and you are Internet BFFS?
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Jubilee wrote:I said such in my original review!

and then you said some bullshit about going easy on it because it was Deadpool. you want to start this argument back up.
User avatar

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Jubilee wrote: and then me and you are Internet BFFS?


That's the best solution. Now if we could just get somebody to team up with Punchy.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:20 pm

Did nobody notice me saying I didn't hate it?

Man, it sucks not being controversial.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeistMonk, FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 39 guests