Friday, May 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Review Group Week 196 - LOCKE & KEY: CROWN OF SHADOWS #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 pm

House of J wrote:Same here.

I dunno B&R seemed a little R.I.P.-y to me. Not bad, though.

It's Morrison, it has been a little RIPy since issue one.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 pm

House of J wrote:Same here.

I dunno B&R seemed a little R.I.P.-y to me. Not bad, though.


If Morrison goes all RIP while Cameron Stewart is on the book, I'll probably have to change my pants after I read it. :D
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:58 pm

thefourthman wrote:3 being bought by me this week... B&r, Doc Savage and Batman, but then I love me some motherfucking Batman.


:smt011 --waitaminute, you shook your head at me why then exactly?!
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:58 pm

House of J wrote:Same here.

I dunno B&R seemed a little R.I.P.-y to me. Not bad, though.


Ugh, R.I.P.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm

House of J wrote::smt011 --waitaminute, you shook your head at me why then exactly?!

for feeling down on yourself, you senile motherfucker.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm

amlah6 wrote:If Morrison goes all RIP while Cameron Stewart is on the book, I'll probably have to change my pants after I read it. :D


I should've waited 'til then. The Tan artwork left me confused upon first reading in a couple places.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm

Punchy wrote:Ugh, R.I.P.

I will kick your crooked teeth if you talk shit about RIP.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:00 pm

House of J wrote:I should've waited 'til then. The Tan artwork left me confused upon first reading in a couple places.

Tan sucks and should never be allowed to draw comics again.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:01 pm

thefourthman wrote:I will kick your crooked teeth if you talk shit about RIP.


Awful story, the epitome of Grant Morrison's emperor has no clothes incomprehensibility masked in pseudo-intellectualism.

Batman and Robin was good because it was nothing like R.I.P.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:02 pm

thefourthman wrote:for feeling down on yourself, you senile motherfucker.


Your constant name and avatar changes have me feeling confused. Are you the one I give my monthly check to in exchange for magic peas? I feel night terrors coming on.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:02 pm

House of J wrote:Your constant name and avatar changes have me feeling confused. Are you the one I give my monthly check to in exchange for magic peas? I feel night terrors coming on.

yes and thank god, they are working.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Punchy wrote:Awful story, the epitome of Grant Morrison's emperor has no clothes incomprehensibility masked in pseudo-intellectualism.

Batman and Robin was good because it was nothing like R.I.P.

did you read from 655 or did you just pick up when RIP started? and you are complaining about Final Crisis not RIP with that criticism. RIP made perfect sense if you have studied the fuck out of some Batman.



and


*kicks punchy in his crooked teeth*
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 pm

thefourthman wrote:did you read from 655 or did you just pick up when RIP started? and you are complaining about Final Crisis not RIP with that criticism. RIP made perfect sense if you have studied the fuck out of some Batman.



and


*kicks punchy in his crooked teeth*


I read the first 2 arcs, then dropped it, then read R.I.P.

You call me pretentious, when you're the one defending this piece of shit!
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Punchy wrote:Awful story, the epitome of Grant Morrison's emperor has no clothes incomprehensibility masked in pseudo-intellectualism.

Batman and Robin was good because it was nothing like R.I.P.


Let's use up 10 thread pages agreeing on this--heads in explode and then implode.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Punchy wrote:I read the first 2 arcs, then dropped it, then read R.I.P.

You call me pretentious, when you're the one defending this piece of shit!

I don't google Morrison and go into threads half cocked about the fact that his name is mentioned and everyone in the thread is an ass for not liking him. The Black Glove is the finest Batman arc in YEARS. I don't regularly recommend morrison's run to people, but I will sure as hell tell people who are trying to figure out B&R that 655 is the starting point. And much like your silly man love for Bendis, I have silly man love for Batman and will defend even mediocre stories if I so choose.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, eltopo, SuperginraiX, Tanuki, Zechs and 92 guests