Monday, May 2, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Review Group Week 196 - LOCKE & KEY: CROWN OF SHADOWS #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:52 am

As awesome as Blackest Night :?

:P

And, I really can't find this book anywhere, I'll order it with my next box of comics, but that's three weeks away.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:59 am

Another PUnisher book? We should change the name of the group to Punisher Comics, Hating on Punchy, and oh yeah some reviews.

******

Postby ****** » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:51 am

guitarsmashley wrote:I have to go with FrankenCastle


Well, at least it's got Tony Moore art.

[center]Image
Punisher #11
as selected by guitarsmashley[/center]
WRITER: Rick Remender
PENCILS: Tony Moore

In the belly of New York, skulking and forgotten creatures of the night uncover the remains of a man in a familiar outfit. Frank Castle is dead. What exactly IS Frankencastle? Long time collaborators Rick Remender and Tony Moore (GHOST RIDER, Fear Agent, The Walking Dead) are reunited for what will be the greatest struggle in the afterlife of the Punisher. Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster… Parental Advisory …$2.99
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:40 am

thefourthman wrote:Another PUnisher book? We should change the name of the group to Punisher Comics, Hating on Punchy, and oh yeah some reviews.


Sad thing is this is at least my second Punisher book....but it really was the best choice and well Remender and Moore that combination hasn't produced a dud yet.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 am

Oh, I am glad it was your pick, it forces me to read it. I just find it odd that we love the bastard so much. You would think Marvel would want six ongoings for him.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Jubilee wrote:As awesome as Blackest Night :?

:P

And, I really can't find this book anywhere, I'll order it with my next box of comics, but that's three weeks away.


yes twigglet bcause the average of the book was almost 9. everyone seemed to have liked at least the first issue.

don't worry, you'll hate this. :wink:


Seriously you have to be the worst kind of comic reader out there.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:49 pm

doombug wrote:yes twigglet bcause the average of the book was almost 9. everyone seemed to have liked at least the first issue.

don't worry, you'll hate this. :wink:


Seriously you have to be the worst kind of comic reader out there.

It's lonely over here in expired Kool-Aid land.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:01 pm

thefourthman wrote:It's lonely over here in expired Kool-Aid land.


the only problem i have with you lee is the hatred of cosmic marvel. i get the frustration over deadpool because of your idiot subscriber
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:06 pm

doombug wrote:the only problem i have with you lee is the hatred of cosmic marvel. i get the frustration over deadpool because of your idiot subscriber

I like Deadpool, I think Marvel is doing irreparable harm to their property. I just don't like Cosmic Marvel, it's not like I hunt down the threads and post about what crap they are, I can even respect to a certain level the story DnA are telling, but it's not my bag.... however, the post you are replying to was a reference to the fact that from the beginning I wasn't feeling Blackest Night and said so in my review. :P
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:34 pm

thefourthman wrote:I like Deadpool, I think Marvel is doing irreparable harm to their property. I just don't like Cosmic Marvel, it's not like I hunt down the threads and post about what crap they are, I can even respect to a certain level the story DnA are telling, but it's not my bag.... however, the post you are replying to was a reference to the fact that from the beginning I wasn't feeling Blackest Night and said so in my review. :P


Do people naturally fail at reading or something? I said over all the average was high. I get that you don't like it that's fine but the over grade of the group was that it was a good book. :wink:
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #1
I didn't get it. Plain and simple. Wish I could say I did and that I enjoyed it, but I felt totally lost. Writing seemed okay, not thrilled with the art but I've seen worse. All in all, I just didn't get it.

Of course I may like this more once I read next weeks pick, but that's just me.

Story: 6
Art: 5
My Score: 5.5
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Starlord, you should pick up the first Locke & Key trade.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Chris wrote:Starlord, you should pick up the first Locke & Key trade.


I might just do that. It really wasn't that I disliked it, I just couldn't get into it,
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:34 pm

starlord wrote:I might just do that. It really wasn't that I disliked it, I just couldn't get into it,


Yeah, that's why I think you should give it a shot from the beginning.

The art threw me at first, too.. and it took me an issue or two into the first trade before it clicked, but once it did I enjoyed it alot. The second trade was one of the most anticipated books for me.
User avatar

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:38 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:And I did say my pick would happen tonight you child molester. I think I have to go with FrankenCastle as I love remender and really want to see what he does with I think is a rehashed Crawl Space story.


Good choice. I've been looking for a reason to read a Remender story.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 79 guests