Friday, May 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Review Group Week 197 - PUNISHER #11

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Punchy wrote:What about Uncanny?

I only got the Collosus arc, and it was only alright. I like The X-Club, it's a very cool idea from the Fraction I like, but I just can't be arsed with it.

I'll stick with New Mutants and X-Factor.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:33 pm

King Impulse wrote:I only got the Collosus arc, and it was only alright. I like The X-Club, it's a very cool idea from the Fraction I like, but I just can't be arsed with it.

I'll stick with New Mutants and X-Factor.


But you liked those Thor one-shots right? They were metal as fuck.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Punchy wrote:But you liked those Thor one-shots right? They were metal as fuck.

I got one and it was okay. Secret Invasion: Thor was alright as well.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 pm

King Impulse wrote:I got one and it was okay. Secret Invasion: Thor was alright as well.


That was the only SI mini I read that wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't go much past calling it alright.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Just picked up my copy of Frankencastle. Haven't read it yet, but just based on the flip through the art is getting a 10.
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:49 pm

King Impulse wrote:I only got the Collosus arc, and it was only alright. I like The X-Club, it's a very cool idea from the Fraction I like, but I just can't be arsed with it.

I'll stick with New Mutants and X-Factor.

Wait, you're saying that that Zeb Well's crappy New Mutants is better than Fraction's Uncanny? That's absurd. I can appreciate that you might not like Fraction's work but then to read shit like that? :smt011
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:56 pm

amlah6 wrote:Just picked up my copy of Frankencastle. Haven't read it yet, but just based on the flip through the art is getting a 10.


Tony Moore is all kinds of awesome.
User avatar

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the List special. Hopefully Hastings gets it in. If not, I'll just have to try and find it in Tucson when I go down next week.

I miss having a great Punisher title to read. Aaron's debut was disappointing. It felt exactly like Ennis' MK run, except without any funny bits. From the first issue alone I don't know why it's got the Max label.

I will say that I dig Dillon's take on the Kingpin.
User avatar

Kerny

Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:53 pm

This was retarded

I liked it a lot
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:35 pm

I'll review later but I did read it and have to say this was so funny I nearly fell over laughing. I loved this in the same way I love the 60's Batman show or Big Trouble in Little China. It's so lame it's quality fun!
User avatar

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:36 pm

Punisher #11
I don't like The Punisher. I did like this but it was not the issue itself that made me want to get the next issue, it was the last page... the next issue cover preview. Seeing Frank with all the monsters behind him is pure genius and so full of win how could I not want to read that. This issue was mostly set-up and pretty ridiculous but fun as hell. My only problem is that I am not sure who some of the monsters were, it felt like I should have known who they are but I don't... it didn't ruin the story for me but I kept thinking to myself 'should I know who this is?' The art is fantastic, Tony Moore is awesome. Between the outrageous story concept and Tony Moore's pencils I am pretty sure I will grab the next issue. I was not too stoked to review another Punisher book especially one written by the same guy who wrote the last one we reviewed but I did like this one much more than the last... good pick.

STORY - 8

ART - 10

OVERALL - 8.9
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:11 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Punisher #11
I don't like The Punisher. I did like this but it was not the issue itself that made me want to get the next issue, it was the last page... the next issue cover preview. Seeing Frank with all the monsters behind him is pure genius and so full of win how could I not want to read that. This issue was mostly set-up and pretty ridiculous but fun as hell. My only problem is that I am not sure who some of the monsters were, it felt like I should have known who they are but I don't... it didn't ruin the story for me but I kept thinking to myself 'should I know who this is?' The art is fantastic, Tony Moore is awesome. Between the outrageous story concept and Tony Moore's pencils I am pretty sure I will grab the next issue. I was not too stoked to review another Punisher book especially one written by the same guy who wrote the last one we reviewed but I did like this one much more than the last... good pick.

STORY - 8

ART - 10

OVERALL - 8.9


Glad I picked a winner.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:57 am

This was a lot of fun, the art was brilliant, and it's just a goofy, clever idea, it's certainly very different from what you'd expect in a Punisher story, and that's a good thing.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 pm

I just finished this, My god what a horribly amazing comic it is. I mean you have perhaps one of the worst ideas ever for marvel to attempt to dig itself out of, unless they just let Punisher not be a part of the marvel universe, if that is the idea here then great but otherwise, the only way to come back from this story is a one word answer, Magic. As awful as the idea is the issue itself is pretty good and filled with enough cool moments or little jabs to make it enjoyable. Where the issue really shines is the art. Tony Moore is one of my favorite artists out there and anything he draws is instantly at least a 7. If it weren't for tony this story wouldn't hold water and I don't even think he's drawing the entire arc since the issue just solicited didn't have his name on it. Ultimately I think it's Moore that carries this title and makes the issues even stomachable since he's well...incredible. My only complaint on Moore is Morbeus. He looks like an old jewish doctor unsure of what he's doing but beyond that he's perfect. So now the score, like I said, based on art alone the issue would get at least a 7. So its final score is an 8.

And just to fuck with Punchy, Best line;Your dog's been eatin crap.Stinks.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:Hey Amlah as far as catching up on this book. [spoiler] Daken beheaded Frank.[/spoiler] in The List, that was the last page, then there is this, should be pretty easy to jump on from that.


Yeah, that sounds pretty horrible.

Wonder how long it'll take for this to get retconned? Unless, of course, by some weird frickin' reason.... people actually LIKE this.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 52Problems, Yahoo [Bot] and 103 guests

cron