Advertisement

Review Group Week 195 - DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #899

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1066 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 am

If comic book you were reading was great, but then at the end there was a line like "Child molesters are great you should support them," and that personally offended you, wouldn't it ruin your enjoyment of the book? One line or twenty is irrelevant. Keep that shit out of my comics.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 245 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:35 am

Jude Terror = Has to have his politics ruin everything for him.

I'm sorry bud but waaay too much thought into why this bothered you. I don't even remember that line at all to be honest. I remember Wade stabbing himself in the head to save the day. :lol:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:38 am

EDIT: It was not my intention to start a political argument in here, so I will withdraw from this argument. Just as I'm sure many of you would like me to keep politics out of this thread, I would like writers to keep politics out of my comic book. I think that's reasonable.

Doomie, I'm sorry you take the score of Deadpool books as personally as if you had written them yourself. :P You know you're my buddy, and that I would normally be right there with you loving a Deadpool book.

I can't remember the last time, if ever, a comic annoyed me with politics, so hopefully it won't happen again.
Last edited by S.F. Jude Terror on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 am

I'd honestly laugh pretty hard because of how I think of the jesus christ story. Wouldn't bother me at all. :wink:

(can't go into that at all because it ruins the future of one of the books i'm writing)

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:49 am

Jude that's not my point. My thing that's bothering me is that you gave the book a 6.5 and then 2 seconds later you know 4 points off the book for one line.

I don't give a shit that it was a political joke I just don't understand why someone would let that bother them so much.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:51 am

doombug wrote:Jude that's not my point. My thing that's bothering me is that you gave the book a 6.5 and then 2 seconds later you know 4 points off the book for one line.

I don't give a shit that it was a political joke I just don't understand why someone would let that bother them so much.

1 point for each dollar I spent to have a writer assume I would agree with his politics. Writers want to take that gamble by putting politics in the book, they do so at their own risk.

I don't see why the score I gave it bothers you so much. Do you own stock in the book or something?

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:55 am

Jude Terror wrote:1 point for each dollar I spent to have a writer assume I would agree with his politics. Writers want to take that gamble by putting politics in the book, they do so at their own risk.

I don't see why the score I gave it bothers you so much. Do you own stock in the book or something?

I agree that it was an average comic. I gave it a higher score over all as a 7 is like an average book for me.

I don't think that it deserved a 2.5 from anyone especially for the reason you gave because you knocked down 4 points for just one stupid little line. That's not a standard review scale. that's really all that's bothering me here. :?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:58 am

doombug wrote:I agree that it was an average comic. I gave it a higher score over all as a 7 is like an average book for me.

I don't think that it deserved a 2.5 from anyone especially for the reason you gave because you knocked down 4 points for just one stupid little line. That's not a standard review scale. that's really all that's bothering me here. :?

Listen Doomie, is Fred Van Lente holding your family captive, threatening to tickle them severely if the Review Group doesn't give this book a good score? If so, PM me and I'll change my score to 10. No comic is worth the tickling of loved ones.

Punchy

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:04 am

This was only $2.99, so you should only take 3 points away.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 am

Punchy wrote:This was only $2.99, so you should only take 3 points away.

An excellent point. Done. And I'll take one more point off the deduction to spare Doomie from having to kill himself as a matter of honor. So 4.5.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Bland comic is bland.

5* out of 10*

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand