Advertisement

Review Group Week 197 - PUNISHER #11

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:37 pm

amlah6 wrote:It has long been my dream that the Review Group would one day cover a book with Rob Liefeld art. My friends, next Wednesday that dream will finally become a reality.

;)

Next week, we'll be reviewing...

[center]Image
Image United #1
as selected by amlah6[/center]
story ROBERT KIRKMAN art ERIK LARSEN, ROB LIEFELD, TODD McFARLANE, WHILCE PORTACIO, MARC SILVESTRI & JIM VALENTINO covers ERIK LARSEN, ROB LIEFELD, TODD McFARLANE, WHILCE PORTACIO, MARC SILVESTRI & JIM VALENTINO

THE CROSSOVER EVENT OF THE CENTURY IS HERE! The heroes of the Image Universe are united in order to fight the greatest threat the world as ever faced! You can’t miss this historic event as the original Image Founders draw all the characters they made history with. Each page is an amazing jam piece – it’s a story told in a way never before attempted in comics!

I think I can safely give this an over all rating of 1.5 (mostly for Kirman which won't save the suckfest that Liefeld's stink will place all over this mess).

But I'll go into it with an open mind.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 pm

starlord wrote:I think I can safely give this an over all rating of 1.5 (mostly for Kirman which won't save the suckfest that Liefeld's stink will place all over this mess).

:lol:

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Eli Katz wrote::lol:

I think honesty and open mindedness are very important. :-)

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Punisher #11 sounds totally off the wall.

I'm almost tempted to check it out based on the reviews so far.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:49 pm

starlord wrote:I think I can safely give this an over all rating of 1.5 (mostly for Kirman which won't save the suckfest that Liefeld's stink will place all over this mess).

but the fact that there will be about 5 artists on the same page will be meaningless.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 89 posts

Postby PDH » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I'm not a fan of this pic.

:lol:

The post has been edited.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Punisher #11

Well, the world is going to end. Why? Because I finally read a Punisher issue that I actually enjoyed, and all a writer had to do was kill him and turn him into a bigger joke than he already was! It's excellent! In fact, I'm very tempted to pick up the next issue just to see where this story leads FrankenCastle.

The dialogue was great. Funny. Now what I didn't care for (surprisingly so) was the art. It just wasn't up to the usual standards that I expect from Moore. In fact if Punchy doesn't mind, I'm actually going to say that I have a favorite line:

"Your dog's been eatin' crap. Stinks." Excellent.

Story: 8
Art: 5
My Score: 7
[/code]

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Punisher #11

This was stupidity on a level that hasn't been seen in a Punisher comic since Golden and Sniegoski turned Frank into an angel. The crazy thing about it though, it was pretty damn fun. Of course the fact that it's happening in a Punisher comic is completely arbitrary, but if that's what it takes to get Tony Moore to draw Man-Thing it's worth it. It's not like this will have a long term effect on the character, be it magic or a dream 616 Punisher will be back in his shiny white boots sooner than later.

Tony Moore is better than just about anyone when it comes to drawing crazy shit and this had crazy shit in abundance and I loved every page of it.

Story: 2
Art: 10
Overall: 6
Last edited by ****** on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:46 pm

starlord wrote:Punisher #11

Well, the world is going to end. Why? Because I finally read a Punisher issue that I actually enjoyed, and all a writer had to do was kill him and turn him into a bigger joke than he already was! It's excellent! In fact, I'm very tempted to pick up the next issue just to see where this story leads FrankenCastle.

The dialogue was great. Funny. Now what I didn't care for (surprisingly so) was the art. It just wasn't up to the usual standards that I expect from Moore. In fact if Punchy doesn't mind, I'm actually going to say that I have a favorite line:

[/code]

This is pretty much how I felt... except the art, I thought it was perfect. I too think that the Punisher is stupid but the idea of him running around with Swamp Thing, Morbius, and other monsters is hilarious. I am pretty sure most hardcore punisher fans will hate this.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 pm

ME tired. Me read comic. Me much too sleepy. Me read comic later. Me think comic pretty. Me no know what think about story.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:00 pm

thefourthman wrote:ME tired. Me read comic. Me much too sleepy. Me read comic later. Me think comic pretty. Me no know what think about story.

Story so stupid it's genius.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:This is pretty much how I felt... except the art, I thought it was perfect. I too think that the Punisher is stupid but the idea of him running around with Man Thing, Morbius, and other monsters is hilarious. I am pretty sure most hardcore punisher fans will hate this.

Fixed. I didn't like Morbius but Thought Man Thing looked amazing.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 178 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 am

starlord wrote:Punisher #11

[/code]

You gave Tony Moore artwork a 5?! :shock:

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 178 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 am

Punisher #11

Rick Remender has a very huge brass set on him. Reading that comic was like watched Army of Darkness. A b movie that while corny has great one liners, awesome moments and you can't help but to love it. Remender takes a ridiculously insane idea, throws everything at the fan and bribes Tony Moore into drawing th chaos that ensues.

Can I tell you how beautiful this comic is? Well it's very beautiful. My only complaint is that Morbius is looking like Jeff Goldblum out of the fly. Honestly this was some of the most fun I had reading a comic this week. (other then Merc with a mouth #5 where Deadpool blows an AIM agents head off for professing their love for the prequels)

Seriously I can't get over how awesome that was. It's interesting to see a certain supporting character still in the book as well and I hope he convinces Frank to let him back into his life. Though obviously Frank is never going to be the same. I'm amused at the fact that Castle was very much like Frankensteins monster when first woken up. Not to mention the last page where Frank thinks he's going to be okay going into public looking like that?

I also really dug the use of some of marvel's pantheon of monsters. From man thing to I swear I saw fing fang foom.

Story: 9
Art: 10

Over all score: 9.5 8)

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:03 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Fixed. I didn't like Morbius but Thought Man Thing looked amazing.

haha :oops:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand