Advertisement

Review Group Week 197 - PUNISHER #11

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:00 am

thefourthman wrote:where?

My neighbor's restaurant went tits up, now I have 15 industrial-sized bags of high-end twister fries. Any good recipes, chef?

Should I bake or broil them?

I've never seen so many fries in my life. I'm thinking like if Iron Chef had twister fries one week or something.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 46 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:21 am

House of J wrote:My neighbor's restaurant went tits up, now I have 15 industrial-sized bags of high-end twister fries. Any good recipes, chef?

Should I bake or broil them?

I've never seen so many fries in my life. I'm thinking like if Iron Chef had twister fries one week or something.

fry them...

I am guessing broil them.

They are fries, throw lots of other shit that is bad for you on them like cheese and bacon and eat them with ranch dressing and call the ambulance! :p

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:59 am

thefourthman wrote:fry them...

I am guessing broil them.

They are fries, throw lots of other shit that is bad for you on them like cheese and bacon and eat them with ranch dressing and call the ambulance! :p

YUM!

Nothing better than greasy fries all covered in smelly cheese!

Oddly enough, also how I like my women.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 am

how edible are they in a defrosted state?

I was thinking along the lines of a breakfast casserole, brown them up real good, throw in some onions and some cooked sausage, set aside and let cool... beat a couple of eggs with like a half cup of cream or like a can of cream of mushroom soup, pour over the stuff in the bottom of a 9 x 10 pan... throw some cheese in there and bake till the egg firms, like a 350 oven for half an hour or so...

IF they are raw when they thaw, you might want to boil them for a few minutes before you brown them.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 326 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Old Man wrote:YUM!

Nothing better than greasy fries all covered in smelly cheese!

Oddly enough, also how I like my women.

Brie in the snatch?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:05 pm

My LCS was sold out of this, and had no Locke and Key. They said they would have this next week, so I'll review it then

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Punisher #11 by Remender & Moore

Well that was an interesting comic. Visually, it was good. Nice art, decent inks, good coloring. If this was judged on the basis of the efforts of Moore alone, I'd give it 8.

The writing is decent. Characters that are distinct and interesting. Decent mix of dialogue and action. If this was something other than a Punisher comic, it would definitely get a good review from me.

However, it is a Punisher comic, and therefore the plot is completely not related to Punisher except in a very tangential way. There was a rumor going around that this was a rehash of one of Remender's existing plots that was adapted to the Punisher. Unfortunately it feels very inappropriate for Frank Castle.

Art 8/10
Story 5/10

Total 6.5/10

Sorry Remender, I don't think I will be picking up the next issue.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:08 pm

Dragavon wrote:Punisher #11 by Remender & Moore

Well that was an interesting comic. Visually, it was good. Nice art, decent inks, good coloring. If this was judged on the basis of the efforts of Moore alone, I'd give it 8.

The writing is decent. Characters that are distinct and interesting. Decent mix of dialogue and action. If this was something other than a Punisher comic, it would definitely get a good review from me.

However, it is a Punisher comic, and therefore the plot is completely not related to Punisher except in a very tangential way. There was a rumor going around that this was a rehash of one of Remender's existing plots that was adapted to the Punisher. Unfortunately it feels very inappropriate for Frank Castle.

Art 8/10
Story 5/10

Total 6.5/10

Sorry Remender, I don't think I will be picking up the next issue.

This review confuses the hell out of me. I like the story, but since it stars the Punisher it sucks... :?

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:43 pm

thefourthman wrote:This review confuses the hell out of me. I like the story, but since it stars the Punisher it sucks... :?

But it is similar to my "2 points off for being Bendis" stance. 8)

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:07 pm

I just think all of this divisiveness over a punisher book has to be something they wanted, so to a certain extent, the people running all over the internet talking about how stupid it all is are playing right into their hands.

It was a fun comic. At the end of the day that is really all that should matter. We all know he will go back to being Frank Castle at some point, why not have fun with it while it happens?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Hey Amlah, check out Willow's column this week at BF: http://brokenfrontier.com/columns/p/det ... -from-mars

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:16 pm

thefourthman wrote:We all know he will go back to being Frank Castle at some point, why not have fun with it while it happens?

Yeah, it'll be written off as a hallucination caused by Osborn drugging Castle. He never fought Daken.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:21 pm

thefourthman wrote:I just think all of this divisiveness over a punisher book has to be something they wanted, so to a certain extent, the people running all over the internet talking about how stupid it all is are playing right into their hands.

It was a fun comic. At the end of the day that is really all that should matter. We all know he will go back to being Frank Castle at some point, why not have fun with it while it happens?

Why police people's thoughts about the book? :P

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Chris wrote:Why police people's thoughts about the book? :P
:-D not really, just stating my argument. :P

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:40 pm

thefourthman wrote:It was a fun comic. At the end of the day that is really all that should matter. We all know he will go back to being Frank Castle at some point, why not have fun with it while it happens?

I agree.

Remender also brought up a great point in his cbr interview- With Punisher Max relaunching and generally considered back on track with Aaron at the helm, 616 Punisher needs to be differentiated somehow. I have a feeling that Punisher will be different and weird for a while (i.e. Twigglet repelling), no matter the writer, until either it or Punisher Max are cancelled.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand