Advertisement

Review Group Week 198 - IMAGE UNITED #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Punchy wrote:Teen Titans I didn't even review, but I wouldn't say it was recent.

I'm just going back to the first really bad book I found that started this trend.

That list was only broken up by The Unwritten, I believe. Maybe something else too.. I forget.

Advertisement

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:53 pm

I don't know if I will buy this because I have no experience with these characters, except a little Invincible

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Punchy wrote:Haunt, Ares and Punisher were all good books, Deadpool Team-Up was OK.

Teen Titans I didn't even review, but I wouldn't say it was recent.

it was in the last eight picks or so... I would say anything since your last pick is recent.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:I don't know if I will buy this because I have no experience with these characters, except a little Invincible

so, that's part of the review process as well, especially with a number 1, IS IT ACCESIBLE? If not, then it fails.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 pm

thefourthman wrote:so, that's part of the review process as well, especially with a number 1, IS IT ACCESIBLE? If not, then it fails.

Good point. I'll buy it then

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm

The fact that Powers #1 isn't the book this week is a travesty. Just read it. Greatness.

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Chris wrote:The fact that Powers #1 isn't the book this week is a travesty. Just read it. Greatness.

I read that in hardcovers, and other than teasing fourthman with it as an option since he also reads Powers in hardcovers, it wasn't an option since Bendis/Oeming/ICON/Marvel have reached new heights of incompetence in publishing the series in that format.

If you don't want to read Image United or any other picks you deem shitty, don't. Just try not to be such a whiny bitch about it.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:38 pm

amlah6 wrote:If you don't want to read Image United or any other picks you deem shitty, don't. Just try not to be such a whiny bitch about it.

I can't, it's in my nature. :smt102 :twisted:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:12 pm

I know it's the nature of the review group or whatever, but I sort of get where Chris is coming from too. Sometimes it seems like a lot of opportunities to review something really interesting are passed over for personal favorites with little else to make them noteworthy.

BUT, thanks to Amlah6 we can review something possibly interesting (in a bad way) AND one of his personal favorites, I am sure.

ALSO, I've been repressing a homicidal rage all day long and maybe this book will be the breaking point.

BECAUSE the comic shop guy made fun of me for buying it, ending with "So, do you want me to draw a picture on that or something?" in a snide voice, because I bought the blank cover. I told him it was the least ugly of all the choices.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:16 pm

House of J wrote:I know it's the nature of the review group or whatever, but I sort of get where Chris is coming from too. Sometimes it seems like a lot of opportunities to review something really interesting are passed over for personal favorites with little else to make them noteworthy.

BUT, thanks to Amlah6 we can review something possibly interesting (in a bad way) AND one of his personal favorites, I am sure.

ALSO, I've been repressing a homicidal rage all day long and maybe this book will be the breaking point.

BECAUSE the comic shop guy made fun of me for buying it, ending with "So, do you want me to draw a picture on that or something?" in a snide voice, because I bought the blank cover. I told him it was the least ugly of all the choices.

really, I wish I lived in your town, that fucker deserves not to have books the week after christmas.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:23 pm

thefourthman wrote:really, I wish I lived in your town, that fucker deserves not to have books the week after christmas.

After I insulted the book worse, he was all like "ah, touche!"

Or actually I think he said "ouch!"

Then I told him it wasn't for me, it was for an old friend from high school who accidentally shot himself in the head with a nail-gun and hasn't been right since.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Dragavon wrote:Nice job amlah, this might be the review with the least amount of reviewers. :lol:

I'll review it. It's what the group is about. Who do you think I am, Punchy?

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Punchy wrote:Teen Titans I didn't even review, but I wouldn't say it was recent.

yeah, and I would love to not review your next choice except I don't want to ruin my streak... even if it is going to be another Millar spew fest. :roll:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:41 pm

House of J wrote:I know it's the nature of the review group or whatever, but I sort of get where Chris is coming from too. Sometimes it seems like a lot of opportunities to review something really interesting are passed over for personal favorites with little else to make them noteworthy.

Who are you (or anyone else, this is a general you) to decide what is 'really interesting'? To some people, Image United is an interesting choice, I've mentioned how this is such an art-driven book, compared to the regular stuff. We all have different views on what constitutes a good pick, and that's what makes the RG a good thing. It would get dull if you were just reviewing things you liked every week. It's good to expose yourself to something you would not have bought have otherwise, and maybe surprise yourself. Or maybe you'll hate it as much as you thought you would, and then it's fun to vent.

There's nothing stopping anyone from reviewing Powers #1 for the front page of the site and of course, you could just not review Image United.
Last edited by Punchy on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:42 pm

starlord wrote:yeah, and I would love to not review your next choice except I don't want to ruin my streak... even if it is going to be another Millar spew fest. :roll:

Unless Kick-Ass #8 comes out on my week, it won't be Millar.

Don't take the lack of TT review personally, it's not a slight against you, just against Teen Titans.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand