Advertisement

Review Group Week 198 - IMAGE UNITED #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:10 pm

House of J wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too.

Hooking up like fucking her brother in a sex-like manner? :|

They were joking about it on Around Comics a few episodes back so I didn't actually read it but I would assume probably not sex and more along the lines of making out, but still siblings making out :? even if they are step siblings. (Her brother is Dragon's son)

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 17 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:18 pm

amlah6 wrote:They were joking about it on Around Comics a few episodes back so I didn't actually read it but I would assume probably not sex and more along the lines of making out, but still siblings making out :? even if they are step siblings. (Her brother is Dragon's son)

So she has an Electra Complex as well? Because I find it hard to believe she is attracted to a lizardy step-brother as it is, but that would imply some serious Daddy issues too.

Savage Dragon is gross. :|

I wonder what actual percentage of step-siblings swap spit? :?

EDIT: According to Yahoo Answers India, they should totally go for it:

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 810AA38pcS

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Another adventure into "Why the Hell do I even bother?" land.

To be fair, it's better than FrankenCastle. As I didn't care for FrankenCastle, that ain't sayin' much.

10 different covers will guarantee that this is a big seller, because of idiots like my friend who have to buy every cover they can get their hands on.

What can I say about the art? Nothing good. Having each creator draw their own creation -- or apparently, in one case, Photo-shop their old art into this book -- hurts the artistic cohesiveness of the story. That some of these artists haven't improved on their drawing of anatomy in the last 15 years just shows you how lazy being a millionaire can make you.

What can I say about the story? Not much. Everybody knows that Image superhero comics don't have any story unless Alan Moore is writing them. (Well, okay, I'll give Erik Larsen some props for getting out 150+ issues Savage Dragon, but his writing isn't groundbreaking by any means.) And then on the last page there is a Spawn Black Lantern. WTF?

The only plus I saw for this comic was that the covers were printed without gloss, which really made them stand out on the shelf.

When Image started, I bought each of the first issues. I still have them. And I don't think I have read any of them other than Spawn. I've just never been interested in comics from whiny creators who complained about their working situations with other publishers, situations that made them millionaires. Oh Boo Hoo! What terrible working conditions. I haven't even made a million in my entire life. M*****F*****s.

I give it a 6, and wonder how I can get back the 3 minutes, 18 seconds of my life that I spent on this.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 pm

starlord wrote:yeah, and I would love to not review your next choice except I don't want to ruin my streak... even if it is going to be another Millar spew fest. :roll:

Bleach might get rid of that streak.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:56 pm

GLX wrote:I think he killed himself.

Was it when he was being all Emo in a dark alley? :P :twisted: :-D :o :lol:

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:00 am

Kerny wrote:Shadowhawk will always be a guilty pleasure of mine, some of the first comics young Kerny ever read.

Kerny, I thought your name was Kenny until now. Good thing you put it in your review.

Damn, even my eyes are Old, Man.

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:10 am

Old Man wrote:Kerny, I thought your name was Kenny until now. Good thing you put it in your review.

Damn, even my eyes are Old, Man.

It actually is Kenny, I've had a typo as my username the whole time! :oops:

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 245 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:10 am

This is going to make my head hurt on friday, I can tell. Going to be an interesting review.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:22 am

Kerny wrote:It actually is Kenny, I've had a typo as my username the whole time! :oops:

D'oh! Actually, I have the same problem. My name is Oldman. ;-)

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:26 am

Ummm... that was a bad comic book. Like seriously, the art is all over the place and the story, what fucking story. It read like Final Crisis minus the plot and with wildly erratic art. I did not enjoy this. However, in order to review it, I am gonna have to read it again. Which may make my eyes bleed. So if you never hear from me ever again, it is because I am blind.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:54 am

You think I'm gonna like it, Lee?
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:04 am

Greg wrote:You think I'm gonna like it, Lee?

I don't know, I think a lot of it will do with your familiarity with the characters and also your love for 90s Image. It is a mess. It really reads like those comics that were drawn first and then some one filled in the word balloons later. It makes absolutely no sense. Stuff is happening but you never see what. There isn't enough explained about who everyone is fighting. I pieced some of it together by my vague memories of what little I have read, but the Savage Dragon and Spawn bits make the most sense cause I have read more of that than any other.

At the end of the day, I barely know who anyone is and don't completely understand what the hell is going on.

Also, does ANYONE know who the fuck this Fortress guy is?
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:11 am

thefourthman wrote:Also, does ANYONE know who the fuck this Fortress guy is?

Portacio created him for this because the Wetworks characters all belong to Wildstorm.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:14 am

amlah6 wrote:Portacio created him for this because the Wetworks characters all belong to Wildstorm.

Good, cause I was like what the hell is this guy?

so Dragon is Larsen, Youngblood is dick head, Witchblade is Silvestri (and Cyberforce, too?), Valentino is Shadowhawk, McFarlane is Spawn, correct?

Is Fortress supposed to remind me of Majestic?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:17 am

and another question, everyone is doing their own stuff right? reason I ask is Dragon is much cleaner on the pages with everyone which is weird cause Youngblood still looks like shit and Dragon looks more like he does now when he is all solo. I know the Dragon stuff.

Does anyone want to break down the baddies for me?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand