Advertisement

Review Group Week 198 - IMAGE UNITED #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:39 am

thefourthman wrote:It's obviously something to do with the villains being outside their normal arenas. Everyone is fighting everyone else's baddies.

Since I don't know any of the villains (or heroes, really), that wasn't obvious to me at all.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 67 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:40 am

Hey did McFarlane draw Overtkill? cause there were some pages where it definitely looked like asshole drew him.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:41 am

amlah6 wrote:It's not like I'm answering Cyberforce questions, I don't know shit about those lame fucks. :P

Ok, we'll let Punchy field those questions then.

Because super powered chickens are awesome?

Show 'em then! I couldn't tell what the fuck that thing was or why it was only in one panel of the book.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:46 am

House of J wrote:Show 'em then! I couldn't tell what the fuck that thing was or why it was only in one panel of the book.

But in this instance more Powerhouse would have meant more Cyberforce which would have just cancelled the awesome out and wouldn't have left room for bizarro Savage Dragon teen underboob page.

Postby ****** » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:51 am

thefourthman wrote:Hey did McFarlane draw Overtkill? cause there were some pages where it definitely looked like asshole drew him.

No, that's McFarlane.

Looking at it, I'm pretty sure the big splash page with Dragon and Youngblood fighting him (the one where Dragon tells Badrock to grow up) is totally inked by McFarlane... maybe. Probably not the Fortress panels on the right, those appear to be all Portacio.

That page also has the best Liefeldism with Badrock's left leg. For the life of me I can't figure out what the fuck is going on with that thing.
Last edited by ****** on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:51 am

amlah6 wrote:But in this instance more Powerhouse would have meant more Cyberforce which would have just cancelled the awesome out and wouldn't have left room for bizarro Savage Dragon teen underboob page.

:shock: All you have to do is mention Miley Cyrus, and I will know it was you who bought those longboxes of Image books!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:54 am

amlah6 wrote:No, that's McFarlane.

Looking at it, I'm pretty sure the big splash page with Dragon and Youngblood fighting him (the one where Dragon tells Badrock to grow up) is totally inked by McFarlane... maybe. Probably not the Fortress panels on the right, those appear to be all Portacio.

That page also has the best Liefeldism with Badrock's left leg. For the life of me I can't figure out what the fuck is going on with that thing.

Shaft's legs are all fucked up there as well. The thigh and calves are all different lengths and appear not to be connected. Plus that fucker is always doing that gay Robin leap in the book.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:56 am

thefourthman wrote:Shaft's legs are all fucked up there as well. They are the thigh and calves are all different lengths and appear not to be connected. Plus that fucker is always doing that gay Robin leap in the book.

:lol: There's that one panel where he is popping up behind Overtkill's shoulder that Shaft looks ridiculously shoe-horned in doing that.

Postby ****** » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:57 am

thefourthman wrote:Shaft's legs are all fucked up there as well. They are the thigh and calves are all different lengths and appear not to be connected. Plus that fucker is always doing that gay Robin leap in the book.

Shit, Liefeld's done that leap thing in every comic he's drawn since New Mutants. :lol:

I figure since he did a halfway decent foot, the amazing extending leg was probably forgivable. :wink:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:58 am

Awesome, when I reread this later today, hopefully it will make more sense now.

I'm gonna go purge myself of this nastiness for now though with some Moore Swamp Thing.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:58 am

That leap is so stupid looking.

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:27 am

House of J wrote::shock: All you have to do is mention Miley Cyrus, and I will know it was you who bought those longboxes of Image books!

I thought her name was Milley Rae Cyrus? Rhymes with daddy.
Last edited by Old Man on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:29 am

thefourthman wrote:Awesome, when I reread this later today, hopefully it will make more sense now.

I'm gonna go purge myself of this nastiness for now though with some Moore Swamp Thing.

Just got an email this morning from my comic book guy asking me to make sure I check my copy of the hardcover for off-printed pages and glue damage, as his is all mucked up. (Get it? Swamp Thing...mucked up?) :!:
I was perfectly content before I was born.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:35 am

If you are feeling ambitious here is a link to the Liefield/Kirkman commentary of this book
I feel that this will help me with my review
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=23849

[spoiler]it did not help[/spoiler]

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:51 am

48THRiLLS wrote:If you are feeling ambitious here is a link to the Liefield/Kirkman commentary of this book
I feel that this will help me with my review
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=23849

[spoiler]it did not help[/spoiler]

"When in doubt, black it out," is one of Todd's favorite mottos.

:lol:
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand