The Outhouse's Top 10 Coolest Characters
1. Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca) - nietoperz
2. Maximus (Russell Crowe in Gladiator) - Carrie
3. Michael Corleone (Al Pacino in The Godfather) - MoneyMelon
4. The Bride (Uma Thurman in Kill Bill) - D
5. John McClane (Bruce Willis in Die Hard) - DaReekstah
6. Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) - C20Percent
7. Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne in True Grit) - thefourthman
8. Dr. Phibes (Vincent Price in The Abominable Dr. Phibes) - misac
9. Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio in The Karate Kid) - Carrie
10.. Gny. Sgt. Hartman (R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket) - Forbush Man
Participants, in order of picking:
Everyone can put together their own little list, and you get to name one character with every turn. You can name anyone off your list, but personally I think it would make more sense if we all started at the bottom end of the spectrum and worked our way up, that way we can all end up with the very best at the end. You don't want to play your top card early on only to have it get beaten by an even better character. But it's up to you.
The rules are simple.. we'll first get a list of everyone who wants to play, and then we'll go in order, giving one name per turn.
These names will then go on the list.
There are only 10 spots though, so after we've named 10 characters.. from then on it's a battle for position. If someone names a character that's better than what is already up there, that character moves down the list to make way for the new one.
As new characters are added, the old characters will eventually fall off and be eliminated completely.
Characters will be judged on a combination of coolness and toughness, which we can all debate after the pick. We're all judges in this contest, as the list is a comprehensive one, so I won't be the decider on anything..
One character per actor.
Last edited by Chris
on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.