Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Doctor Who - "Midnight" *spoilers for US viewers*

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm

I've got about 30 minutes until I see it. To be honest, the preview from last week didn't make it seem all that great, but after seeing Pascal RAVING about it at the other place, I'm intrigued..
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:44 pm

I probably won't see it until next week. I tend to put two episodes onto a CDR so we can watch them on our DVD player, so I need one more...
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:47 pm

nietoperz wrote:I probably won't see it until next week. I tend to put two episodes onto a CDR so we can watch them on our DVD player, so I need one more...


Well, I won't repeat what Pascal said because there's alot of hints/spoilerish clues about this and the next episode..

But if what he said is true (which you can find in the Doctor Who Spoiler Thread at the other place).. these next two episodes will be insane.
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:48 pm

It's not the stuff he got from Project Gallifrey again, is it?
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:51 pm

nietoperz wrote:It's not the stuff he got from Project Gallifrey again, is it?


Not sure, but he even included a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE spoiler image so I believe it's legit..

edit: his post says it's from millarworld's tv forums. Someone saw the next two eps ahead of time, and it's pretty detailed giving reviews of the actors and guest stars, etc.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:23 pm

Wow.. that was... brilliant! :shock:

And written by RTD! :shock:

Does.. not.. compute...!

The preview for next week looks even better! FINALLY!
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:44 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Wow.. that was... brilliant! :shock:

And written by RTD! :shock:

Does.. not.. compute...!

I thought that as well, I sighed when I saw his name but it was a fantastic episode, a great insight into the the nature of humans and some of the most uncomfortable televsion I've ever seen. Tennant's acting towards the end was fantastic, you could see The Doctor's pain in his eyes
The preview for next week looks even better! FINALLY!

I'm not looking forward to that, that's because I hate the guest star*

*Trying to come up with a non-spoilery way to say it
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:I thought that as well, I sighed when I saw his name but it was a fantastic episode, a great insight into the the nature of humans and some of the most uncomfortable televsion I've ever seen. Tennant's acting towards the end was fantastic, you could see The Doctor's pain in his eyes


Uncomfortable.. that's exactly the word I'd use to describe it. But it's a good "uncomfortable".. I think that's exactly what RTD was going for. Towards the end there, I wanted to just reach through my screen and punch everyone in the face.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:51 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Uncomfortable.. that's exactly the word I'd use to describe it. But it's a good "uncomfortable".. I think that's exactly what RTD was going for. Towards the end there, I wanted to just reach through my screen and punch everyone in the face.

Exactly, it made me sort of ashamed to be human, if that makes any sense

I just looked at Pascal's thread and... WOW :shock:
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:57 am

That episode really creeped me out and made me sad at the same time!

Best episode to date!
User avatar

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Finally watched it. Quite intense.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cbikle, e_galston, IvCNuB4, Rob Thompson, Ward Fowler and 65 guests