Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Review Group Week 200 - INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #21

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:04 pm

thefourthman wrote:Sarah Palin runs the CIA?


Keeping an eye on Putin, yes.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:44 pm

Chris wrote:They don't need you for that. Everyone else buying it already does that for them! :D

and Dark Wolverine sells more than Weapon X. Image United sold gangbusters. Jeph Loeb still gets work.

Sales are not indicative of quality. The Eisner means shit to me as well, before anyone mentions it.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:51 pm

King Impulse wrote:and Dark Wolverine sells more than Weapon X. Image United sold gangbusters. Jeph Loeb still gets work.

Sales are not indicative of quality. The Eisner means shit to me as well, before anyone mentions it.


The Eisner was bullshit. High-goddamn-way robbery that Echo or Madame Xanadu didn't win that category.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:06 pm

amlah6 wrote:The Eisner was bullshit. High-goddamn-way robbery that Echo or Madame Xanadu didn't win that category.

Echo's pretty good, I enjoyed the first trade, but I don't think it deserves the 'OHMIGOD IT'S SO FREAKING AWESOME' praise it gets from most places.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:07 pm

King Impulse wrote:Echo's pretty good, I enjoyed the first trade, but I don't think it deserves the 'OHMIGOD IT'S SO FREAKING AWESOME' praise it gets from most places.

Well, that's because you are wrong.

/punchy'd
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:18 pm

thefourthman wrote:Well, that's because you are wrong.

/punchy'd

I liked it a lot, and it probably becomes more apparent as it goes on, but I just couldn't get what all the fapping was about.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:24 pm

King Impulse wrote:I liked it a lot, and it probably becomes more apparent as it goes on, but I just couldn't get what all the fapping was about.

Moore is god and you will go to hell for this heresy!

/twigg'd
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:52 pm

I dropped Echo with #8, it was OK, but I wasn't gripped by it.

IIM is consistently good.
User avatar

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:55 pm

Punchy wrote:I dropped Echo with #8, it was OK, but I wasn't gripped by it.

IIM is consistently good.

Echo was just to damn slow, I dropped it somewhere around 8 also.
IIM would be one of the best books on the shelf with a better artist.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Echo was just to damn slow, I dropped it somewhere around 8 also.
IIM would be one of the best books on the shelf with a better artist.

I'd say it'd be readable with a better artist. David Aja is doing the Annual and I'm sure as shit going to buy that.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:36 pm

I still like Larroca
User avatar

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Punchy wrote:I still like Larroca

I like that he is never behind and I truly appreciate that but I personally just don't care for his style. The faces he draws always look wonky to me.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:43 pm

I like Larocca, but I would rather have more Newuniversal than this.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm

D'Armarta makes Larroca's art 10x worse

******

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:35 pm

King Impulse wrote:D'Armarta makes Larroca's art 10x worse


D'Armata can be hit or miss, but I like him on this. It makes for a nice continuation from Granov's digital painting on Extremis.

Which is nice because I prefer to ignore the fact that the Knaufs ever happened. :P

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grayson, Yahoo [Bot] and 90 guests

cron