Advertisement

Review Group Week 200 - INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #21

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Dugan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Chris wrote:Moreover.. it was to save her life.

The chest mangnet-thing was, the armor was just something extra he threw together..... as a reward or somthing, i don't think it's ever even really made clear why.

Advertisement

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:Didn't they recently make Alfred Owlman in The Outsiders or something equally retarded?

My problem with Pepper being Rescue (apart from the silly name) is that it's just another character who's useful in their role as a non-powered support being dragged into superheroics for no real reason, what does she gain as a character?
Also i don't think Fraction's been writing her that well, from the "oh i have a chest device but i don't want to be a weapon rubbish in the first arc (as well as the magnetic floating thing and Rand copout that was a really weak scene) to last issues "Why should Stark get to live when Happy didn't", she asked Tony to turn off his life support for godsakes.

Also the armor design sucks but that's just one of my problems with Larocca.

/rant

I agree with this actually... maybe my only complaint with Fractions run
Last edited by 48THRiLLS on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:The chest mangnet-thing was, the armor was just something extra he threw together..... as a reward or somthing, i don't think it's ever even really made clear why.

Well, I don't think Tony ever got a chance to say why he made it.. but with Norman and HAMMER about to take her down, it did save her, as she used it to escape from them when she found it.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Holy shit, I just had to go to two shops to find this. I'm either going to start paying shipping and get every issue via mail order or just say fuck it and download the pick every week. :? :x

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Skipping this week

Don't really enjoy this book, but I do read it in trade.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Just read this... so... with The Dark Avengers Annual last week and now with this I guess Marvel is letting everyone come to their own conclusion on how Cap comes back and who will be carrying the shield? I mean, I know he is coming back and it isn't spoiling anything for me but it just seems really bogus to have Steve Rogers appear in these books when that story has not been finished...
I need to re-read this for my review.

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Grrr... why won't Marvel let me read all of Reborn before they start putting Steve in books. :x :x :x

Cap is the only Marvel book I really even give a shit about anymore. :(

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 pm

amlah6 wrote:Grrr... why won't Marvel let me read all of Reborn before they start putting Steve in books. :x :x :x

Cap is the only Marvel book I really even give a shit about anymore. :(

Yeah... this seems like a huge screw-up and it seems like Marvel is just hoping nobody notices... or have they addressed this... or am I just making a bigger deal out of this than it is...

[spoiler]Really not that big of a deal... but it is still lame sauce[/spoiler]

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Yeah... this seems like a huge screw-up and it seems like Marvel is just hoping nobody notices... or have they addressed this... or am I just making a bigger deal out of this than it is...

[spoiler]Really not that big of a deal... but it is still lame sauce[/spoiler]

Technically, had Reborn stayed on schedule and been 5 issues instead of 6 like it was supposed to be it would have been over already.

Not that logic should play into it, Marvel pisses me off right now whether it's justified or not. :twisted:

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Tom Brevoort has addressed it already and apologized.

It is what it is.

The ending to Reborn shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Seeing Steve back shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Chris wrote:Tom Brevoort has addressed it already and apologized.

It is what it is.

The ending to Reborn shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Seeing Steve back shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Well hell... This kinda ruins Reborn a little doesn't it?
Seeing Steve back was a bit of a surprise to me here actually, I will not be so shocked from here on after but I did scratch my head a little when he greeted Pepper.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:33 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Well hell... This kinda ruins Reborn a little doesn't it?

No. How does it?

It's in the title of the friggin book! Steve Rogers returns at the end.

Seeing him back in a book you know takes place after the end of Reborn shouldn't be a spoiler or shocking or anything of that nature.

Now, if he started explaining exactly what happened in the final issue of Reborn or something, that'd be an entirely different matter. But we've known he'll be back this whole time.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Chris wrote:No. How does it?

Seeing him back in a book you know takes place after the end of Reborn shouldn't be a spoiler or shocking or anything of that nature.

Now, if he started explaining exactly what happened in the final issue of Reborn or something, that'd be an entirely different matter. But we've known he'll be back this whole time.
Yep exactly, the title of Cap reborn itself is the spoiler on how it'll end. Least they havent spoiled the actual events of that series.

I really dont get it when people complain about being spoiled given those 2 things.......should Marvel push back all their top selling books just to accommodate the delay of Reborn to appease a few people of this minor hiccup?

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Chris wrote:No. How does it?

Let me rephrase myself...
Reborn loses a little bit of it's luster.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Wait, Cap was reborn in Captain America: Reborn?

I never would have guessed!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand