Advertisement

Review Group Week 200 - INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #21

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:19 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Yep exactly, the title of Cap reborn itself is the spoiler on how it'll end. Least they havent spoiled the actual events of that series.

I really dont get it when people complain about being spoiled given those 2 things.......should Marvel push back all their top selling books just to accommodate the delay of Reborn to appease a few people of this minor hiccup?

You have me wrong.
I am not complaining about the story being spoiled... I know what is gonna happen but I'd like to see how it happens. Seeing Steve Rogers in the Marvel U without seeing how he was introduced back makes Reborn seem kinda anti-climatic now.

Advertisement

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Invincible Iron Man #21

Well this is totally awkward. I have nothing but praise for Fractions run on this series. In fact, I would put it right up there with Demon in a Bottle at this point. On it's own, this issue is probably a bit on the weak side. It's not like a lot doesn't happen here, it does... kind of. Still, if you haven't really been reading this book, it may not appeal to you at all.

Still, it's solid in delivery, and yes, I'm going to take a bit off for the appearance of Steve Rogers. Sure, we all know he's coming back, but I'd rather have seen his triumphant return in his own book first before seeing him guest starring in others.

All in all, a great continuation of a great run. Tony Stark has come a full three sixty from his pre Civil War days and Matt Fraction has a lot to do with that.

Story: 8
Art: 8
My Score: 8

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:33 pm

starlord wrote:Invincible Iron Man #21

Well this is totally awkward. I have nothing but praise for Fractions run on this series. In fact, I would put it right up there with Demon in a Bottle at this point. On it's own, this issue is probably a bit on the weak side. It's not like a lot doesn't happen here, it does... kind of. Still, if you haven't really been reading this book, it may not appeal to you at all.

Still, it's solid in delivery, and yes, I'm going to take a bit off for the appearance of Steve Rogers. Sure, we all know he's coming back, but I'd rather have seen his triumphant return in his own book first before seeing him guest starring in others.

All in all, a great continuation of a great run. Tony Stark has come a full three sixty from his pre Civil War days and Matt Fraction has a lot to do with that.

Story: 8
Art: 8
My Score: 8

I think I am gonna copy/paste your review for mine... this is exactly how I felt after reading it. Every word of it.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:37 pm

King Impulse wrote:Or I'm the sole sane person in a world full of loons.

I'm the Outhouse equivalent of Patrick McGoohan

Actually your more like the outhouses charlie from it's always sunny. :lol:

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 pm

King Impulse wrote:Pepper Potts as a superhero. Please explain to me why this is a good idea.

I haven't really viewed her as a superhero....oh wait! She's not. :roll:

Her armor is defensive and perfect when collateral damage is caused. Not sure where your seeing her fight giant monsters or other people in armor? :wink:

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Punchy wrote:Wait, Cap was reborn in Captain America: Reborn?

I never would have guessed!

For once me and you are in complete agreement on this punch. 8)

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:03 am

doombug wrote:I haven't really viewed her as a superhero....oh wait! She's not. :roll:

Her armor is defensive and perfect when collateral damage is caused. Not sure where your seeing her fight giant monsters or other people in armor? :wink:

Her primary role is to save people, Rescue, that's basic superhero stuff, they are more than just fights.

That said I disagree with Kieran.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 404 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 am

48THRiLLS wrote:You have me wrong.
I am not complaining about the story being spoiled... I know what is gonna happen but I'd like to see how it happens. Seeing Steve Rogers in the Marvel U without seeing how he was introduced back makes Reborn seem kinda anti-climatic now.

Wut?

You knew he was coming back... you don't yet know how... so it is anti-climatic to see him even though you knew it?

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 404 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:18 am

Punchy wrote:Her primary role is to save people, Rescue, that's basic superhero stuff, they are more than just fights.

Well... I don't count soldiers or firefighters as superheroes... just folks doing heroic things.

The Rescue suit to me is just a sci-fi fireman or paramedic suit...

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 am

doombug wrote:Actually your more like the outhouses charlie from it's always sunny. :lol:

I'll actually take that.
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:14 am

I don't like Pepper as Rescue. It does suck really as a part for her character, overall though, I have loved this run. Waiting to get the issue before this in the post, then I'm getting this issue when I go up my LCS.

Some guy who shops at my LCS has offered me the last two arcs of X-statix for 2.00 :D :D

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 pm

This was a really good issue of IIM, better than #20, lots of what Fraction does best on this book, plus Thor and Cap together again!

But I was annoyed that it spoiled War Machine #12 for me.

Review on Saturday.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Jubilee wrote:I don't like Pepper as Rescue. It does suck really as a part for her character, overall though, I have loved this run. Waiting to get the issue before this in the post, then I'm getting this issue when I go up my LCS.

Some guy who shops at my LCS has offered me the last two arcs of X-statix for 2.00 :D :D

dude! give him the 2 dollars, mike allred and petr milligan made an awesome team.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:23 pm

King Impulse wrote:I'll actually take that.

you realize charlie is an idiot right? :wink:

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Whoo, I am going to have fun with this review.
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand