Advertisement

Review Group Week 203 - WEBCOMICS

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 275 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 am

meh. :evil:

Advertisement

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 am

doombug wrote:meh. :evil:

meh what, bitch? you gots sumpin' to say? den say it. doan give us this emo teen shit.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Old Man wrote:meh what, bitch? you gots sumpin' to say? den say it. doan give us this emo teen shit.
:shock: Damn! old man is calling you out!

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Old Man wrote:meh what, bitch? you gots sumpin' to say? den say it. doan give us this emo teen shit.

what are you on about?

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 pm

doombug wrote:what are you on about?

That's what I said. Dontcha dig, Daddio?
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 pm

New Comic Day
by Gladman, Ratcliff, Strohl and Moore

I don't typically read a lot of comic strips, but this was fun. Sometimes it comes off a bit silly, but when it sticks to the fanboy style commentary (Bug vs. Deadpool, Golden vs. McGuiness) the strip really shines.

The art is fairly basic, but it works. My only complaint would be the facial hair on the Eric 'character' is kind of odd and distracting, but maybe the failed hipster goatee is what they're going for, idk. :wink:

Navigation on the site is something of a problem. Normally there would be a next link or you could click on the image and go to the next strip, but here you just had a list of links for the previous strips so there was a lot of going back and forth in order to read the strips from the beginning. I also couldn't find a way to read the 21st strip, though the color tutorial that was linked was neat.

Story: 7.5
Art: 7
Navigation: 3
Overall: 7

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:38 pm

amlah6 wrote:New Comic Day

I don't typically read a lot of comic strips, but this was fun. Sometimes it comes off a bit silly, but when it sticks to the fanboy style commentary (Bug vs. Deadpool, Golden vs. McGuiness) the strip really shines.

The art is fairly basic, but it works. My only complaint would be the facial hair on the Eric 'character' is kind of odd and distracting, but maybe the failed hipster goatee is what they're going for, idk. :wink:

Navigation on the site is something of a problem. Normally there would be a next link or you could click on the image and go to the next strip, but here you just had a list of links for the previous strips so there was a lot of going back and forth in order to read the strips from the beginning. I also couldn't find a way to read the 21st strip, though the color tutorial that was linked was neat.

It's kind of like a facial merkin.

I don't know if I read them all or not but it seemed like a good strip for comics insiders, seems like they have a lot of fun doing it.

I think Bill is the hidden star, though, he should be featured more prominently and be the star of the strip--his true comedic worth is being wasted as the straight man role.

More Bill! He needs a solo strip too.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:41 pm

amlah6 wrote:New Comic Day

Yeah I apoligize about the navigation for the comic. When the minisite launches soon for each individual comic with it's own URL, I hope that's one of the things that will change. I hope they do it similar to LICD and LFG's navigation.

And the hipster goattee isn't completely accurate with my look. have you seen a picture of me lately?

It's a tiny bit longer then that currently but over all I like what Chad does with it. :lol:

and you don't like the crazy stuff? I thought Grand Theft Batmobile was our strongest material.

Thanks for the review though bud, hopefully more follow.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:45 pm

doombug wrote:Image

It's a tiny bit longer then that currently but over all I like what Chad does with it. :lol:

Nuzzles his balls in it, IMO.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:46 pm

House of J wrote:It's kind of like a facial merkin.

I don't know if I read them all or not but it seemed like a good strip for comics insiders, seems like they have a lot of fun doing it.

I think Bill is the hidden star, though, he should be featured more prominently and be the star of the strip--his true comedic worth is being wasted as the straight man role.

More Bill! He needs a solo strip too.

Wait...you know Bill don't you?! :lol:

And we have a very abbott/costello relationship in the strip. Bill gets to have some fun at my expense over all in the future.

About the insider thing, we try are best to appeal to a wide range of readers, hence stuff like the Grand Theft Batmobile and Goku vs superman stuff. Year two has resulted in some of the best scripts so far though and we will have a strip running in the program at Gem City Con as well as a 2 pager in the back of an actual comic this year.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 pm

doombug wrote:Wait...you know Bill don't you?! :lol:

And we have a very abbott/costello relationship in the strip. Bill gets to have some fun at my expense over all in the future.

About the insider thing, we try are best to appeal to a wide range of readers, hence stuff like the Grand Theft Batmobile and Goku vs superman stuff. Year two has resulted in some of the best scripts so far though and we will have a strip running in the program at Gem City Con as well as a 2 pager in the back of an actual comic this year.
tulat

Wow, congratulations on that. Now if only I can remember which is the gem city. I am thinking of Amethyst Princess of Gemworld again.

Dayton?

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 pm

House of J wrote:tulat

Wow, congratulations on that. Now if only I can remember which is the gem city. I am thinking of Amethyst Princess of Gemworld again.

Dayton?

I'm not sure either, going to try and make it but they approached bill with the idea, not me. The script that was wrote was gold though. :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 pm

doombug wrote:I'm not sure either, going to try and make it but they approached bill with the idea, not me. The script that was wrote was gold though. :lol:

Amethyst was a hot little number back in the day, though, with that Ernie Colon art...

At least she isn't pulling a Britney.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 pm

House of J wrote:Amethyst was a hot little number back in the day, though, with that Ernie Colon art...

At least she isn't pulling a Britney.

That's some great artwork right there.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 pm

House of J wrote:What happened to Amlah6's goal to review a new webcomic every day? This place is boring today.

I don't think I touched a computer between New Years Eve and tonight. The couple of times I was on here, I was posting from my phone. I probably won't be around much this week either, I'm taking some time off work so I'm not as desperate for something to do. :)

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand