Advertisement

Review Group Week 202 - HELLBOY: THE BRIDE OF HELL

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:00 pm

thefourthman wrote:I don't know dude, you spend a fair amount in the beginning saying there is nothing there, just a big red guy punching a monster. Then you say that it spends too much time on mythology and you would like more action. Then you say you went to read some Dark Avengers for more "substance" or some such shit. It seems like you go to one extreme to dislike it then say you dislike for the opposite extreme. Actually your review made my head hurt more than Final Crisis.

I'm hard to please :P

I felt that the exposition wasn't necessary, when you have more explanation why things are happening than those things actually happening, it's a problem. And then the fact that the things that are happening are just Hellboy punching a Monster, it's undeserved depth really.

Dark Avengers has more substance than this, and it was actually the book I read immediately after this one.

Advertisement

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm tired and I have to do a bunch of shit for the other thread tonight so my super late review will be super brief.

Flawless comic and classic Hellboy. This was my first Hellboy comic with art that wasn't Mignola and I loved Corben's take on it. It stayed true to the Hellboy universe as a whole and still maintained his own personal style.

Story: 10
Art: 10
Overall: 10

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:39 pm

amlah6 wrote:I'm tired and I have to do a bunch of shit for the other thread tonight so my super late review will be super brief.

Flawless comic and classic Hellboy. This was my first Hellboy comic with art that wasn't Mignola and I loved Corben's take on it. It stayed true to the Hellboy universe as a whole and still maintained his own personal style.

Story: 10
Art: 10
Overall: 10

What do they charge you for shipping there when you order a single issue? Or did you pad your order?

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:48 pm

House of J wrote:What do they charge you for shipping there when you order a single issue? Or did you pad your order?

Just $1.50, but it was really slow.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:05 pm

amlah6 wrote:Just $1.50, but it was really slow.

First Class prob'ly.

I'm experimenting with a few single issue listings on Amazon, but I think the shipping price is too high.

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:29 pm

House of J wrote:First Class prob'ly.

I'm experimenting with a few single issue listings on Amazon, but I think the shipping price is too high.

Single issues aren't really practical. I probably won't do that again unless it's a really obscure pick.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 pm

amlah6 wrote:Single issues aren't really practical. I probably won't do that again unless it's a really obscure pick.

People do buy them, though, about 50% of my review issues are shipped off. I look at the addresses and try to imagine why.

Of course runs are preferable but not well suited to AZ.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand