Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 81 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:10 am

thefourthman wrote:it's a review thread and that spoils what exactly?
Hawkeye getting killed by Squirrel girl.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:31 am

john lewis hawk wrote:Hawkeye getting killed by Squirrel girl.

if only.

the only question I really have after this issue is where the fuck is Clint and where the fuck is Scarlett Witch? Of course, it would probably help if I was caught up on any of the Avengers books.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:01 am

thefourthman wrote:if only.

the only question I really have after this issue is where the fuck is Clint and where the fuck is Scarlett Witch? Of course, it would probably help if I was caught up on any of the Avengers books.

Clint wasn't in this issue? Laaaame.

Wanda to my knowledge is still off limits.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:02 am

doombug wrote:Clint wasn't in this issue? Laaaame.

Wanda to my knowledge is still off limits.

well, she would be off limits because she is Bendis's plaything, if this is the end of what started 7 years ago, then she HAS to come into play.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:03 am

So, I just turned in my review will quote and link ASAP...

Score

Story 8
Art 9
Overall 8.5

dammit marvel. fuck you quesada and bendis.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:10 am

thefourthman wrote:well, she would be off limits because she is Bendis's plaything, if this is the end of what started 7 years ago, then she HAS to come into play.

pretty sure Heinberg gets to use her in the long awaited Young Avengers thing this year.

looking forward to reading all of secret invasion again via an omnibus I made that I will have soon that library binding put together for me. 8) doing house of m and the hulk stuff as well. not sure on civil war.

I'm more excited for te ben urich stuff in front line then the main book. but looking forward to reading it!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:21 am

doombug wrote:pretty sure Heinberg gets to use her in the long awaited Young Avengers thing this year.

Well that is fucking stupid if it is true. I don't understand why a major player in everything Bendis has been doing would be taken from him. Maybe Bendis puts her back on the board for Heinberg to play with?

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:21 am

thefourthman wrote:Well that is fucking stupid if it is true. I don't understand why a major player in everything Bendis has been doing would be taken from him. Maybe Bendis puts her back on the board for Heinberg to play with?

I just want him to unbreak her. :cry:

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:54 am

Not that I'm saying this book is going to be awesome or anything but WOW Amlah has some huge preconcieved notions on this book.

Now I want him to love it and hate himself for loving it.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:06 am

You spelt it wrong.

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:21 am

Sorry for not participating last week!

This week I am all aboard though. Can't wait. I can't wait to order this tomorrow :D :D :D

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 am

Amlah, are we skipping daringd2's (something like that) pick?

If so I will begin thinkin' on it, I thought I was week after.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 48 posts

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:00 am

My New Year's resolution is to get back into participating here. Work, vacation, and illness pretty much killed the end of last year for me.

I'm looking forward to this. Unlike Secret Invasion, which I liked but I felt was not particularly well implemented, Dark Reign has been well done, and I'm eager to see the culmination of it.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

thefourthman wrote:So, I just turned in my review will quote and link ASAP...

Score

Story 8
Art 9
Overall 8.5

dammit marvel. fuck you quesada and bendis.

Since that first explosive story by Bendis, the Marvel brand has been a unified whole. House of M, Civil War, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, and now Siege have been stories that affected every nook and cranny of the universe that Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby built. When you think about it that way, every year being a big status quo breaking event for seven years of comics, it is no wonder that fans talk about event fatigue. Our senses are worn. How much more can we take? It’s like Saw Part 7, eventually you stop caring.

Marvel has promised us a reprieve after this one. Four issues, no more. That’s a relief in and of itself, especially considering that House of M and Secret Invasion could have been told in a few less books. It seems maybe the House of Ideas has been listening to the internet naysayers all along. Only time and the decisions of Quesada, Buckley and Disney will tell. But given the general nature of Marvel over the last seven years, the lift in quality across the board of the line as a whole, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt.

Siege opens up with Loki and Osborne talking about Asgard. If you didn’t know that Siege was about Asgard, I find it very interesting that you are reading this review. It has been the buzz of the internet almost since Dark Reign, the insane status quo where Norman Osborne effectively runs the 616, began. The die hard Spidey fan in me is upset that Peter Parker is not the ultimate unraveling of Osborne’s grasp on ultimate power. However, the no holds barred action and level of storytelling here make up a lot.

Read the rest at http://brokenfrontier.com/reviews/p/detail/siege-1

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah, so the text on page 32, is a copy of page 30 in the pdf I read and the issue I looked at this morning. Someone let me know if this is not the case in their's (so I can sell them as error variants on Ebay for megamoney)

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand