Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Chubbles » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:57 pm

thefourthman wrote:dutch lies! :twisted:

oxymoron

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:59 pm

for those saying you didn't participate last week...the threads not closed, i don't see why people can't still post reviews. :roll:

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:03 pm

doombug wrote:for those saying you didn't participate last week...the threads not closed, i don't see why people can't still post reviews. :roll:

Because I didn't spend $3.99 on it. I kind of feel like I'd be cheating. :oops:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:22 pm

starlord wrote:Because I didn't spend $3.99 on it. I kind of feel like I'd be cheating. :oops:

You just changed your story twice! It's like I don't even know you anymore!. :cry:

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 pm

doombug wrote:You just changed your story twice! It's like I don't even know you anymore!. :cry:

but I did write a review. It's not my fault my dog ate it. :cry:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 27 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:57 pm

So did the Asgardians get massively depowered after their Ragnarok or what?

Jess Nukem
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Jess Nukem » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:27 pm

This comic was pretty darned cool, but I am tired of the decompression. I could have used at least one more scene. That whole debriefing text could have been that missing scene. Just talking heads is all it takes.

Another thing that is interesting is how the collaborative energy between Bendis and Copiel is a lot more tighter and crisp than what they had together on House of M. I think working with JMS has rubbed off Copiel very well.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]To the left, to the left.[/center]

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 230 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Dazzler wrote:This comic was pretty darned cool, but I am tired of the decompression. I could have used at least one more scene. That whole debriefing text could have been that missing scene. Just talking heads is all it takes.

Another thing that is interesting is how the collaborative energy between Bendis and Copiel is a lot more tighter and crisp than what they had together on House of M. I think working with JMS has rubbed off Copiel very well.

yeah it looks good. I didn't feel it was decompressed at all though, a lot of shit happens.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Siege #1 by Bendis & Coipel

This is a damn good book. Bendis writes a tight story that only has a couple of pages of "talking heads" and the rest is action. He even utilizes The Sentry well. The plot is clear and straightforward and well written.

Coipel also does a good job her. His art is beautiful as well as expressive, though half a point gets taken off because the order of some of his panels needs a little deciphering.

My major gripe with this issue was $3.99 for 23 pages of story, some of which was already revealed in previews. The rest of the book is a couple of pages of transcripts by Osborn's Avengers. And a preview for Loeb's next issue of Hulk. So you're paying the extra dollar for a preview of a book you may or may not like.

Story 9
Art 8.5
Total score 7.75 (Point deducted for Marvel's overcharaging)

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:50 pm

I dunno when my Review will be on, because comics could be delayed until Saturday because of the shitty weather here in the UK.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Dragavon wrote:Siege #1 by Bendis & Coipel

This is a damn good book. Bendis writes a tight story that only has a couple of pages of "talking heads" and the rest is action. He even utilizes The Sentry well. The plot is clear and straightforward and well written.

Coipel also does a good job her. His art is beautiful as well as expressive, though half a point gets taken off because the order of some of his panels needs a little deciphering.

My major gripe with this issue was $3.99 for 23 pages of story, some of which was already revealed in previews. The rest of the book is a couple of pages of transcripts by Osborn's Avengers. And a preview for Loeb's next issue of Hulk. So you're paying the extra dollar for a preview of a book you may or may not like.

Story 9
Art 8.5
Total score 7.75 (Point deducted for Marvel's overcharaging)

You are paying an extra dollar for the event. Marvel has not been dishonest in this. Dark Avengers and New Avengers are $3.99 with no extra content. This also has a cardstock cover.

I can't believe I am defending Marvel's pricing policies, but this is long ago old news, it should not be a surprise to anyone. Marvel charges more for their most successful and most high profile books. They told us they were going to do this.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Not price again!

I will try not to get involved, I'll try...

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Punchy wrote:I dunno when my Review will be on, because comics could be delayed until Saturday because of the shitty weather here in the UK.

hahahahahahahah

a good bendis book and you have to wait. That's classic!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:59 pm

thefourthman wrote:hahahahahahahah

a good bendis book and you have to wait. That's classic!

It could be here on time tomorrow like usual, or it could be Friday, or even Saturday.

Who knows.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Punchy wrote:It could be here on time tomorrow like usual, or it could be Friday, or even Saturday.

Who knows.

[spoiler]It's all Loki's fault![/spoiler]

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand