Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:03 pm

amlah6 wrote:Only blind adoration could make you think there haven't been way too many

There hasn't been too many.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 pm

amlah6 wrote:Only blind adoration could make you think there haven't been way too many

There's been about 1 a year.

Avengers Disassembled
House Of M
Civil War
World War Hulk
Secret Invasion
And now Siege

Plus 3 cosmic events and 2 X-Men events that don't really count.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Punchy wrote:We all know that Marvel gets bashed more online than DC, it's because they're the top dog, and even as massive as DC is, it's still seen as the underdog.

Where else are you posting, cause that sure doesn't happen here. DC is bashed WAY more than everyone's precious little Marvel/Disney Corporation. :roll:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Jude Terror wrote:DC really sucks.

I rest my case.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm

starlord wrote:Where else are you posting, cause that sure doesn't happen here. DC is bashed WAY more than everyone's precious little Marvel/Disney Corporation. :roll:

I'm posting in the Review Group, which likes DC more.

And Disney cracks? It's only been 6 days!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Punchy wrote:I'm posting in the Review Group, which likes DC more.

And Disney cracks? It's only been 6 days!

This review group is much heavier in Marvel then DC. This whole site is! There are more discussion threads about Marvel features than DC by 10 to 1 at least. So don't go there.

Talk to the hand, pal.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:17 pm

starlord wrote:This review group is much heavier in Marvel then DC. This whole site is! There are more discussion threads about Marvel features than DC by 10 to 1 at least. So don't go there.

Talk to the hand, pal.

Ooooooooooh, an Ultimate Cap quote thrown up in Punchy's face!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 pm

starlord wrote:This review group is much heavier in Marvel then DC. This whole site is! There are more discussion threads about Marvel features than DC by 10 to 1 at least. So don't go there.

Talk to the hand, pal.

You prefer DC, so there's one.

Maybe I'm still bitter about the heavy DC bias on Newsarama during Infinite Crisis, where I was the only one saying it wasn't that good.

Even though I was proven right in the long run, I still feel that most people are DCbags.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:22 pm

MrBlack wrote:I actually thought this was a little short in terms of exposition. Bendis has done a lot of the build up for this book in his other Avengers titles, which makes the decision to invade Asgard seem a bit rushed.

It's an interesting start, and the fact that it's only four issues is a pleasant change for an event book.

I thought it felt pretty rushed too. I kinda wished we'd gotten to see some reaction from the public about the attack at Soldier Field.

I felt like it just jumped right from the attack to Norman leading his guys into battle. You know House of M felt like it could have been six issues instead of eight but judging from this first issue it feels like this could maybe be six instead of four.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Punchy wrote:You prefer DC, so there's one.

Maybe I'm still bitter about the heavy DC bias on Newsarama during Infinite Crisis, where I was the only one saying it wasn't that good.

Even though I was proven right in the long run, I still feel that most people are DCbags.

I'm ONE person. (Though I do look like I ate two or three other people).

You are right about Newsarama though, I always got the feeling they were DC biased as well. Can't argue with that.

And I actually liked Infinite Crisis for the most part. And compared to the train wreck that was final crisis, IC looks like War and Peace.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:30 pm

starlord wrote:I'm ONE person. (Though I do look like I ate two or three other people).

You are right about Newsarama though, I always got the feeling they were DC biased as well. Can't argue with that.

And I actually liked Infinite Crisis for the most part. And compared to the train wreck that was final crisis, IC looks like War and Peace.

IC and FC were equally shit.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Punchy wrote:You prefer DC, so there's one.

Hey, remember Chitty? That asshat from 'rama who would go so apeshit if anyone said anything bad about DC he eventually got banned?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm

House of J wrote:Hey, remember Chitty? That asshat from 'rama who would go so apeshit if anyone said anything bad about DC he eventually got banned?

I don't recall that one.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't recall that one.

REALLY? He was always looking for a real fight over DC. His avatar was usually The Atom, IIRC.

I was always so sad I missed the thread he finally got banned for good in, because he was so blindly nasty most of the time anyway.

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm

House of J wrote:Hey, remember Chitty? That asshat from 'rama who would go so apeshit if anyone said anything bad about DC he eventually got banned?

What? He was the starlord of newsarama then?

[spoiler] :lol: [/spoiler]

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand