Monday, December 10, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Punchy wrote:Not at all, I have a problem with poor writers who can't take criticism and accuse anyone who dislikes their work of sexism.


Any woman writer who talks back to you is not automatically a bad person.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:23 pm

Old Man wrote:Any woman writer who talks back to you is not automatically a bad person.


Her gender is irrelevant, she was an asshole.

Any writer, male of female, who is like that on the net, is a bad person in my eyes.

You're only proving my point about how people make any discussion about Simone into one about gender here.

She's a writer who's work I dislike, and her online conduct towards me and others I know was negative and rude, what about that is sexist?
User avatar

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Punchy wrote:Fuck off, you and your childish nitpicks, sorry, reviews need to grow up!

Simone is shit, but if you say it, you're sexist, you can't criticise her and her magic vagina.


Just like no one can criticize Bendis, right? :lol:


Gail Simone is a pretty average writer. Not shit, but nothing special.
User avatar

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:29 pm

starlord wrote:You speak opinion, not truth. How can me liking Simone's writing be invalid to you for no other reason than you don't like it?


This is, ultimately, why Punchy and Twigglet are always at the center of ridicule around here. :lol:
User avatar

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Old Man wrote:Page 18: "You're going to need a bigger stick." Oh, I laughed so hard at the 23,045th use of that old line from Jaws. Not. Cliched writing at its worse, which is what Bendis does best.

...says the guy using a 'not' joke
:lol:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:32 pm

In all fairness, why I don't really mind Simone (I find her very average on the level of Johns and other similar writers) I do think sometimes fanboys often like her more because she's a girl. I mean I know this isn't the case for everyone but some people seem to be like "It's a woman and I like her so I'm obviously not a token comic geek".

It's just the way sometimes I used to feel her fans defended her, although in all fairness I havn't seen that here.
User avatar

Kerny

Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:34 pm

I think Simone is very average and often writes stuff with characters I don't give a shit about

I never seen her troll Punchy, but she did bait the shit out of MOTA
User avatar

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Jubilee wrote:In all fairness, why I don't really mind Simone (I find her very average on the level of Johns and other similar writers) I do think sometimes fanboys often like her more because she's a girl. I mean I know this isn't the case for everyone but some people seem to be like "It's a woman and I like her so I'm obviously not a token comic geek".

It's just the way sometimes I used to feel her fans defended her, although in all fairness I havn't seen that here.
:lol: stir that pot
User avatar

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Chris wrote:Just like no one can criticize Bendis, right? :lol:


Gail Simone is a pretty, average writer. Not shit, but nothing special.


Well thanks for calling me pretty at least!
User avatar

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Gail Simones Magic Vagina wrote:Well thanks for calling me pretty at least!


:x

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Chris wrote:

Gail Simone is a pretty average writer. Not shit, but nothing special.


I agree
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Secret Six is easily one of the best books on the stands and is over all underrated sales wise.

New Avengers is a strong series as well though at the moment not Brian's strongest work.

Gail's wonder woman has been very hit or miss but has picked up lately.

These are all opinions and not facts mind you. 8)
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Jubilee wrote:I agree


and I can respect that she's not your favorite. Your the sensible one tonight. Punchy is the crazy. :lol:


Seriously though Punch, I can understand your dislike of Gail and understand why you would not pick up her books due to that dislike. E fighting tends to ruin things.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Old Man wrote:But I included an image.

I have no problem with the overall premise, which is the opposite of my opinion of Civil War, but this is just not a good comic book.

I read the review by Douglas Wolk at Savage Critics after I wrote my review, and he appears to agree with me quite a bit about the poor quality of the writing and the failure of the art.


there's not a failure of art though. this is coipiel's strongest work like ever.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Chris wrote:Just like no one can criticize Bendis, right? :lol:


Gail Simone is a pretty average writer. Not shit, but nothing special.


People can criticise Bendis, if they have a legitimate criticism, which they almost never do.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests