Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 172 posts

Postby dairydead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:54 pm

youre validating an asshole fanboy's rants by arguing with them. A professional should be above that crap. Its not "defending", if youre not in danger. A creator doesn't need to defend himself or herself.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Advertisement

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Chubbles » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Jude Terror wrote:It's not anymore. This has always been the attitude of fanboys. Steven Whacker leaves DC, it is perfectly acceptable for fanboys to go on for pages accusing him of unprofessionalism and in general deriding him personally and from a carreer standpoint. But if Mark Waid shows up tells them to STFU while making a Jay and Silent Bob joke, fanboys start crying and threatening legal action.

People spend far more many hours of their life than is anywhere remotely healthy deriding Rob Liefeld on the internet, but as soon as he shows up in a thread and starts slinging insults on the EXACT SAME LEVEL OF DOUCHERY AND MATURITY, he is an asshole and unprofessional.

Why? Fanboys should fucking be glad to have these people interacting with them on their own level. Fanboys are ungrateful, self-rightreoust pricks, IMO.

EXACTLY, the creators should be smart enough to keep away from those jerks on the net. You can't possibly win against them so just avoid them.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:57 pm

dairydead wrote:youre validating an asshole fanboy's rants by arguing with them. A professional should be above that crap. Its not "defending", if youre not in danger. A creator doesn't need to defend himself or herself.

thank you, a creator should be held to a higher standard over some 40 year old fat guy living in his moms basement hiding behind a user name of Joe the Magnifficent or some stupid shit like that

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 184 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Jude Terror wrote:It's not "anymore." This has always been the attitude of fanboys. Steven Whacker leaves DC, it is perfectly acceptable for fanboys to go on for pages accusing him of unprofessionalism and in general deriding him personally and from a carreer standpoint. But if Mark Waid shows up tells them to STFU while making a Jay and Silent Bob joke, fanboys start crying and threatening legal action.

People spend far more many hours of their life than is anywhere remotely healthy deriding Rob Liefeld on the internet, but as soon as he shows up in a thread and starts slinging insults on the EXACT SAME LEVEL OF DOUCHERY AND MATURITY, he is an asshole and unprofessional.

Why? Fanboys should fucking be glad to have these people interacting with them on their own level. Fanboys are ungrateful, self-rightreous pricks, IMO.

I may not have gotten along with Rob back then but looking back, I can see where he was coming from. Waid jumping to Steve's defense was the right thing to do.

There's this amount of fanboy dickishness that happens and makes creators not want to post on the boards.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 966 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Chubbles wrote:thank you, a creator should be held to a higher standard over some 40 year old fat guy living in his moms basement hiding behind a user name of Joe the Magnifficent or some stupid shit like that

Why would you want that? You wouldn't prefer they were hanging out and shooting the shit with you?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 182 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Why would you want that? You wouldn't prefer they were hanging out and shooting the shit with you?

exactly.... yeah when they hand us our shit back they are evil and being petty. Fuck that. It's one of the many reasons I don't go out of my way to talk about comics I don't like.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Why would you want that? You wouldn't prefer they were hanging out and shooting the shit with you?

not really no. I'd rather enjoy the persons work with no impression of who the person writing it is. i feel I'm way more objective that way.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:09 pm

I like talking to creators, the few times I have was awesome.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 182 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 pm

If you hold yourself to that standard, then fine. If you don't then you are a fucking hypocrite, pure and simple.

I fly off at the handle every now and then so I have no right to tell ANYONE that they can't. However, I am perfectly in my right to respond to anyone else flying off the handle. You won't catch me running around telling creators they are being unprofessional for telling assholes they are assholes.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Chubbles wrote:not really no. I'd rather enjoy the persons work with no impression of who the person writing it is. i feel I'm way more objective that way.

But then you are punishing them for creating something you like. Why shouldn't they be allowed to be a message board prick if they want to? I know I find it to be one of the most profound sources of joy ever. :P

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Any creator that gets into a pissing match with someone on a messageboard is an idiot. IT'S A NO WIN SITUATION.

And what Gail Simone did wasn't defending herself. She went after MOTA on different boards and called him all sorts of names.

MOTA is insane. She should know better.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Jude Terror wrote:But then you are punishing them for creating something you like. Why shouldn't they be allowed to be a message board prick if they want to? I know I find it to be one of the most profound sources of joy ever. :P

they should create aliases :D

but in all truth creator meltdowns are awesome and for entirely selfish reasons i wish we'd have more of them

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Frag It wrote:Any creator that gets into a pissing match with someone on a messageboard is an idiot. IT'S A NO WIN SITUATION.

And what Gail Simone did wasn't defending herself. She went after MOTA on different boards and called him all sorts of names.

MOTA is insane. She should know better.

You're an idiot.*

*So am I.

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Another reviewer who wasn't too impressed with Siege #1.

http://westfieldcomics.com/blog/intervi ... mentality/

"A “siege mentality” is frequently described as “an overly fearful state of mind which often includes feelings of defensiveness, helplessness, and victimization” – all of which I felt, in various degrees, while reading the opening salvo in Marvel’s latest event: Siege."

"...the attack on Chicago is premeditated to cause a reaction to a larger problem, similar to the inciting incident used to set off Marvel’s Civil War event..."

"Captain America...is shown watching the events unfold on TV. And unintentionally coming across like Abe Simpson (Homer’s father), virtually and ineffectually shaking his fists at the TV like the old man he really is."

"...sad lack of detail and utter lack of emotional content..."
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Brian Hibbs at Savage Critics:

"But, art problems, and stupid sloppy embarrassing production errors aside, the story just don't WORK..."

"Bottom line: this isn't very good comics, at all. AWFUL..."
I was perfectly content before I was born.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand