Thursday, April 26, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:55 pm

doombug wrote:Secret Six is easily one of the best books on the stands and is over all underrated sales wise.

New Avengers is a strong series as well though at the moment not Brian's strongest work.

Gail's wonder woman has been very hit or miss but has picked up lately.

These are all opinions and not facts mind you. 8)

Why do you always call creators by their first names? Do you know them? Serious question.

Frag

Postby Frag » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 pm

Anyway, I liked Siege. It set things up nicely.

Only problem I had was not that Thor was taken out, but by who. But that is just a minor gripe. Good issue.

Solid 8.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Frag It wrote:Why do you always call creators by their first names? Do you know them? Serious question.
Do you have a thing against Brian or Brian or Brian?

Frag

Postby Frag » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Oh and Gail Simone did act unprofessional with the whole MOTA thing.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Old Man wrote:Blondes, and any blonde character for that matter, deserve any blonde jokes directed at them.

Jews, and any Jewish character for that matter, deserve any Jew jokes directed at them.

Blacks, and any black character for that matter, deserve any black joke directed at them.

How far do you want to take this?

Obesity is not an ethnicity, its an unhealthy lifestyle. I'll take it as far as reason goes. It's your decision if you want to be reasonable or not.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:19 pm

dairydead wrote:Obesity is not an ethnicity, its an unhealthy lifestyle. I'll take it as far as reason goes. It's your decision if you want to be reasonable or not.
I agree. While most people are never going to be as skinny as Hollywood people are, there's no excuse for not excerising and eating properly.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:15 am

Frag It wrote:Why do you always call creators by their first names? Do you know them? Serious question.

I don't realize I'm doing it? Serious answer.

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:17 am

doombug wrote:I don't realize I'm doing it? Serious answer.

Ah ok. :P

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 am

Frag It wrote:Oh and Gail Simone did act unprofessional with the whole MOTA thing.

The incident between Gail Simone and MOTA was almost 6 years ago. Here is what Matt Brady said at the end on the thread.

"You're booted, mota, but not because of Gail.

You had warning after warning about this type of stuff, and you had stopped for a while.

You're gone, thread is locked.

MattB"

So, after repeatedly being warned to keep his attitude in check, he didn't do it. Then he got banned. I hope he learned a life's lesson, but I'm sure he didn't.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=10403&pp=30

As Simone said in that thread, he had been banned at other sites for the same activities.

In another thread, Simone says:

"Did you READ the thread? If so, did you notice that he said he shouldn't have maybe used the word 'whore' but insulting me PERSONALLY (not my work, despite your goofy reinterpretation) was fine and he wouldn't apologize at gunpoint?

Add to this that he was also trashing me personally on another board that I'd never posted at?

Add to that that he'd been warned many times here over being insane and insulting...

Add to that that he'd been banned from at least five boards for being unbearably obnoxious?

Jesus, in your world, does anyone EVER have to take responsibility for their own words and actions?

I ignored Mota for years. He didn't stop. He insulted, he lied constantly (anyone who was at CBR at the time will vouch for this). In other words, he didn't go away.

So the timeline here is...he insults me (and other pros and posters) repeatedly and often, gets banned consistantly everywhere he posts, I show up to defend myself here, because I like Newsarama, and...

it's MY fault, it's the other poster's fault?

Excuse me, but when, when, when is it MOTA's fault?

I took full responsibility for what I said. I offered not to post here and told Matt I was fine, no hard feelings, if he chose to ban me.

Matt is well aware where the problem lies. If you are not, that's not my problem.

Gail"

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.p ... 779&page=2

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:47 am

[quote="Old Man"][/quote]

I didn't say MOTA was innocent. Doesn't absolve her though. She acted unprofessionally.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 am

Frag It wrote:I didn't say MOTA was innocent. Doesn't absolve her though. She acted unprofessionally.

the very fact that she wrote that proves that she isn't innocent IMO.

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 am

Old grudges are hard to let do, aren't they?

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:08 am

Old Man wrote:Old grudges are hard to let do, aren't they?

haha what are you on about? Thats all you have to say? The whole point is that Gail acted unprofessionally, which you haven't addressed at all. Why are you ignoring this, and resorting to childish rude posts?

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:23 am

dairydead wrote:haha what are you on about? Thats all you have to say? The whole point is that Gail acted unprofessionally, which you haven't addressed at all. Why are you ignoring this, and resorting to childish rude posts?

6. Years. Ago.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:27 am

Old Man wrote:6. Years. Ago.

and yet you continue to dodge the entire intent of anything anyone is saying. bravo, i guess.

leave a comment with facebook