Friday, July 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Old Man wrote:Another reviewer who wasn't too impressed with Siege #1.

http://westfieldcomics.com/blog/intervi ... mentality/

"A “siege mentality” is frequently described as “an overly fearful state of mind which often includes feelings of defensiveness, helplessness, and victimization” – all of which I felt, in various degrees, while reading the opening salvo in Marvel’s latest event: Siege."

"...the attack on Chicago is premeditated to cause a reaction to a larger problem, similar to the inciting incident used to set off Marvel’s Civil War event..."

"Captain America...is shown watching the events unfold on TV. And unintentionally coming across like Abe Simpson (Homer’s father), virtually and ineffectually shaking his fists at the TV like the old man he really is."

"...sad lack of detail and utter lack of emotional content..."

what a fucking idiot. "CAP IS WATCHING TV!?! JUST LIKE ABE SIMPSON DOES! I SAW HIM WATCH TV IN AN EPISODE. WHAT AN IDIOT!"

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:29 pm

We get it, other people agree with your review sir. :lol:

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Old man never responded to my assertion that fatties should be made fun of. :P

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 pm

dairydead wrote:Old man never responded to my assertion that fatties should be made fun of. :P

Nobody should be made fun of because of their appearance. Not even Starlord. :shock:

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Old Man wrote:Nobody should be made fun of because of their appearance. Not even Starlord. :shock:

i feel so bad for making fun of unhealthy comic book characters.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 pm

dairydead wrote:i feel so bad for making fun of unhealthy comic book characters.
I feel so wrong for refering to Joey Merrick as having a face that "not only would a mother not love but she would actively try to set that face on fire every time she saw it".

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:58 am

Volstagg doesn't mind being called fat, he is The Voluminous after all.

Postby ****** » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 am

Do I really have to sort through all this shit to find the reviews? :evil:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:18 am

amlah6 wrote:Do I really have to sort through all this shit to find the reviews? :evil:

:lol: I'll be posting mine when I get to work in a half hour or so, so it'll be easy to find.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:25 am

I still have no comics. I'm really gutted. I've been looking forward to this so much.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 am

amlah6 wrote:Do I really have to sort through all this shit to find the reviews? :evil:

I can repost mine here if you want to find it.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:44 am

Jubilee wrote:I still have no comics. I'm really gutted. I've been looking forward to this so much.

Twigglet not getting the greatest Bendis event book of all time the week it is being reviewed is the sweetest irony I've ever tasted. :lol:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:46 am

Jude Terror wrote:Twigglet not getting the greatest Bendis event book of all time the week it is being reviewed is the sweetest irony I've ever tasted. :lol:

I HATE THE SNOW. I HATE THE FUCKING SNOW.

Postby ****** » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 am

Punchy wrote:I can repost mine here if you want to find it.

While it did almost get lost between fourthman's dozen or so posts that ran over 1000 words, I managed to find it.

Postby ****** » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 am

Jubilee wrote:I still have no comics. I'm really gutted. I've been looking forward to this so much.

God is jealous of your Bendis worship and is punishing you.

leave a comment with facebook