Sunday, April 22, 2018 • Morning Edition • "In this issue: an Outhouser will DIE!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 am

dairydead wrote:and yet you continue to dodge the entire intent of anything anyone is saying. bravo, i guess.

No, I'm not dodging anything. I was curious as to what happened. So where another poster or two. So I looked it up. Then I posted a link, and a few quotes.

I made no comment one way or the other concerning whether or not the reactions were professional or not. A person has the right to defend themselves from attacks.

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:39 am

dairydead wrote:...and resorting to childish rude posts?

I don't think I have been rude at all. But perhaps you see it otherwise. Maybe we should have a mod take a look at my posts to see if I have been rude. If they agree that I have been, I'll re-examine my thinking.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 am

What the heck did I miss? Why are we talking about Gail Simone?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 am

SuperginraiX wrote:What the heck did I miss? Why are we talking about Gail Simone?

Because she sucks.

:lol:

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:25 am

Old Man wrote:No, I'm not dodging anything. I was curious as to what happened. So where another poster or two. So I looked it up. Then I posted a link, and a few quotes.

I made no comment one way or the other concerning whether or not the reactions were professional or not. A person has the right to defend themselves from attacks.

No he's right, you are dodging.

I made a statement saying Gail Simone was unprofessional. You followed that with a bit of history on what happened and quotes as to why MOTA was at fault. Dairy and I responded that MOTA wasn't innocent, but still, she was unprofessional. Then you made more excuses like "6 years ago" or "Old grudges are hard to let do, aren't they?"

I don't care one way or another, but you never really picked a side on if you thought GS was unprofessional or not.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 am

Punchy wrote:Because she sucks.

:lol:

I liked her run on Deadpool and Agent X.

I honestly think that's the last thing in my collection that she wrote. I might have an issue or two from this review group of hers but nothing has really caught my attention.

So, you could be right... ;)

... or I could just read a phenomenal amount of Marvel compared to DC. :)

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 am

SuperginraiX wrote:I liked her run on Deadpool and Agent X.

The combination or her and UDON ruined Deadpool for a while.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:35 am

Frag It wrote:The combination or her and UDON ruined Deadpool for a while.

Heh.

I survived Jimmy Palmiotti's run on the title and that was the most terrible thing I've read in a long, long time. It still colors my impression of Palmiotti's writing to this day and, apparently, it's gotten a lot better. I wouldn't know. I avoid most of it as much as possible.

Compared to that hamfisted storyline, Simone's take on the character was great.

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:42 am

SuperginraiX wrote:Heh.

I survived Jimmy Palmiotti's run on the title and that was the most terrible thing I've read in a long, long time. It still colors my impression of Palmiotti's writing to this day and, apparently, it's gotten a lot better. I wouldn't know. I avoid most of it as much as possible.

Compared to that hamfisted storyline, Simone's take on the character was great.

I survived some hard times with Deadpool too. :P

I agree with you on Palmiotti. He's not much of a writer anyway. From what I know of him these days, he's the idea man/promoter while Justin Gray is the writer.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:37 am

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY COMICS.

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Frag It wrote:I don't care one way or another, but you never really picked a side on if you thought GS was unprofessional or not.

That's right. I didn't. It isn't always necessary to take sides.

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:40 pm

In addition to the above post...

I have written negatively about Bendis here several times. If he became aware of it, he would have the right to come here and ask me what my problem with him is. And I would say that I think he is a lazy writer who has some good ideas that he never seems to follow up on. But I sure as hell wouldn't slag him personally. No sane, rational person should. I don't know him personally.

But there also seems to be a culture at comic book sites that makes it okay for fans to slag creators, but then when the creator says anything, the creator has acted "unprofessionally". The creators are human being, too, and should be allowed to respond to personal attacks.

I agree that it is best for creators to try to avoid personal confrontations, but they can't. I repeat, they are human beings, too.

And it also shouldn't be that fans are automatically considered victims when it all goes bad for them.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Americans shouldn't be allowed to say 'slag'

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Old Man wrote:In addition to the above post...

I have written negatively about Bendis here several times. If he became aware of it, he would have the right to come here and ask me what my problem with him is. And I would say that I think he is a lazy writer who has some good ideas that he never seems to follow up on. But I sure as hell wouldn't slag him personally. No sane, rational person should. I don't know him personally.

But there also seems to be a culture at comic book sites that makes it okay for fans to slag creators, but then when the creator says anything, the creator has acted "unprofessionally". The creators are human being, too, and should be allowed to respond to personal attacks.

I agree that it is best for creators to try to avoid personal confrontations, but they can't. I repeat, they are human beings, too.

And it also shouldn't be that fans are automatically considered victims when it all goes bad for them.

[meme]applause[/meme]

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Old Man wrote:In addition to the above post...

This is absolutely correct, and in fact harkens back to my very first post on a comic book message board, dealing with the uproar over Mark Waid's comments following Steve Whacker leaving DC.

leave a comment with facebook