Advertisement

Review Group Week 205 - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #617

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Punchy needs to shut his whore mouth.

but it's highly entertaining when he says something and then has his words gently placed back into one of his orifices. And the guy really does accept it with a good heartedness.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 pm

If he closes his mouth, what will inspire my fantasies?
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Old Man wrote:If he closes his mouth, what will inspire my fantasies?

love the new avatar, sir! With everything going on over at NBC I find it funny and timely.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 pm

starlord wrote:love the new avatar, sir! With everything going on over at NBC I find it funny and timely.

I 'borrowed' it. And it's so colorful! It's adds positive vibes to my negative posts! :P

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:01 am

starlord wrote:love the new avatar, sir! With everything going on over at NBC I find it funny and timely.

Oh, and that old avatar was wearing me out. :shock: There's only so much teamwork a man can stand. :!:

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 am

I'm a Punchy fan but ouch! :lol:

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 am

Lab technician had a horrible accident. Acid in the face burned off his eyelids. Fortunately, he had never been circumcised, so they used that ultra-soft skin for a skin graft. Lab tech is okay now, but he looks a little cockeyed.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:18 am

Old Man wrote:Lab technician had a horrible accident. Acid in the face burned off his eyelids. Fortunately, he had never been circumcised, so they used that ultra-soft skin for a skin graft. Lab tech is okay now, but he looks a little cockeyed.

Old Man everyone! He'll be here all week. Please don't forget to tip your waitresses! :lol:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 am

Stupid Spreadsheet :oops:

Nextwave probably is a 10 though.

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:35 am

I thought this was a fun done in one issue.

I really like how the registration act was mentioned, and I really like how they tied it into the Rhino. The story all made sense and it's glad to see some of Spider-mans old villains realising it's time to move on. Seriously how many years of getting beat up are these guys going to take.

The new Rhino seemed interesting. Liked that page of him spearing the douchebag racist. Not sure what's going on with the Kraven family, of Madame Web either. You'd think Spider-man would check up on her once in a while making sure she's not being tortured :lol:

Still the main drawback of this issue is it's done in one nature, some things could do with being expanded a bit more. I like JJJ being family with Peter though, that's very cool.

Overall a solid 7. Good art, good story, good back up story and a solid plot and dialogue.

Ironically this come in the post today. I got this issue before I got SIEGE. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:38 am

Jubilee wrote:I thought this was a fun done in one issue.

I really like how the registration act was mentioned, and I really like how they tied it into the Rhino. The story all made sense and it's glad to see some of Spider-mans old villains realising it's time to move on. Seriously how many years of getting beat up are these guys going to take.

The new Rhino seemed interesting. Liked that page of him spearing the douchebag racist. Not sure what's going on with the Kraven family, of Madame Web either. You'd think Spider-man would check up on her once in a while making sure she's not being tortured :lol:

Still the main drawback of this issue is it's done in one nature, some things could do with being expanded a bit more. I like JJJ being family with Peter though, that's very cool.

Overall a solid 7. Good art, good story, good back up story and a solid plot and dialogue.

Ironically this come in the post today. I got this issue before I got SIEGE. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jonah's dad is now married to Aunt May, it happened in #600.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:39 am

Yeah I read that at your house I think, but this is the first Spider-man comic I've read since then.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:45 am

Jubilee wrote:Yeah I read that at your house I think, but this is the first Spider-man comic I've read since then.

It was at Kieran's flat.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:47 am

Punchy wrote:It was at Kieran's flat.

Man, that seems like it was way longer ago than it was!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 236 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:09 am

Old Man wrote:Now that I've read your post, I slightly disagree that this was a done-in-one issue. The second story was done-in-one, imo, but the first has interconnections to other stories.

As I said, didn't care at all for the art in the first story. Different strokes.

done in one can be interconnected... look at Planetary or Cooke's the Spirit.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand