Monday, July 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The trash of the multiverse has gotta end up somewhere."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 205 - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #617

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Punchy wrote:But I am never wrong.

see the whole world disagrees with you. you should become a cutter like doomie, it has done wonders for his self esteem.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:29 pm

thefourthman wrote:see the whole world disagrees with you. you should become a cutter like doomie, it has done wonders for his self esteem.

You say things like that, and Doombug still loves you and hates me!

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:33 pm

thefourthman wrote:see the whole world disagrees with you. you should become a cutter like doomie, it has done wonders for his self esteem.

ixnay on the uttercay, we agreed to lay off on the poor fella. :wink: :lol:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Punchy wrote:You say things like that, and Doombug still loves you and hates me!

Nah your back on my good side. Especially if you voted for New Comic Day. 8)

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Making it official...

[center]Image
Joe the Barbarian #1
as selected by group vote[/center]
Written by Grant Morrison
Art by Sean Murphy

Having an overactive imagination can get a kid through a lot, but it doesn't change the facts: Joe's still the kid in school that can't fit in. He's the victim of bullies. His dad died overseas in the Iraq war. And then there's the Type 1 diabetes he has to live with.

So is it insulin-deprived delirium or something much, much bigger that transports Joe to a land inhabited by all his toys – from ninja commandos to action robots to magical knights to star fleet captains? Is Joe really the savior of this wild fantasyland that's been held under siege by dark magic and evil forces? With the help of a samurai rodent, is he ready to take back besieged castles and win the freedom of an oppressed people? Or is he just an over imaginative boy who could die if he doesn't take his meds?

White-hot writer Grant Morrison follows up his phenomenal BATMAN AND ROBIN with an epic adventure that's Home Alone by way of Lord of the Rings accompanied with to-die-for Art by future superstar Sean Murphy (YEAR ONE: BATMAN/SCARECROW, HELLBLAZER).

Vertigo | 32pg. | Color | $1.00 US | Mature Readers

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:29 pm

good choice!

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Eli Katz wrote:good choice!

If you really think so, you should review it with us. :smt112

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Aw man, more Grant Morrison crap! Why not just say Chris Claremont and shoot me. :(

Postby ****** » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:52 pm

starlord wrote:Aw man, more Grant Morrison crap! Why not just say Chris Claremont and shoot me. :(

It's $1. I'm pretty sure the bullet would cost more.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:55 am

amlah6 wrote:If you really think so, you should review it with us. :smt112

I might just do that. There's no way I can commit to weekly reviews. But I might start to jump in when your choices overlap with my interests or curiosity.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:56 am

starlord wrote:Aw man, more Grant Morrison crap! Why not just say Chris Claremont and shoot me. :(

Sean Murphy is doing the art, And he is awesome. So even if you hate the story, you will likely find the illustrations strong and worth the dollar.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:19 am

amlah6 wrote:It's $1. I'm pretty sure the bullet would cost more.

well that's about fifty cents more than I usually like to spend on the guy, but okay, I'm in. :D

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 am

Eli Katz wrote:Sean Murphy is doing the art, And he is awesome. So even if you hate the story, you will likely find the illustrations strong and worth the dollar.

Sold me!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 am

Man, HoJ is going to be so indignant when he comes back.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:11 am

amlah6 wrote:ixnay on the uttercay, we agreed to lay off on the poor fella. :wink: :lol:

I don't remember any such agreement.

leave a comment with facebook