Advertisement

Cart-O-Comics

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Midas
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Midas » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:29 pm

misac wrote:Kerschl just did the covers. I think I would have liked it more if he had been the artist.

Plus the sweet discounts!

You're right! Brad Walker did the pencils with Palmiotti doing the inks, it looks like.

Speaking of Kerschl, he does one of the best/most beautiful webcomics out there. Check it out: http://horhaus.com/abominable/

Advertisement

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 26 posts

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Just got this Email.

Mr. King,

Thank-you for shopping with us again this month!

While reviewing your June order, we noticed that the shipping address you provided was different from the address given in your May order.

Please let us know if you would like all your packages shipped to (Work Address), or if you would like your July shipment sent to the (Home) address and your August shipment to (Work).

Take care,

Bob
Heroes Corner LLC
www.HeroesCorner.com

It's pretty cool them to ask.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:17 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Just got this Email.

Mr. King,

While reviewing your June order, we noticed that the shipping address you provided was different from the address given in your May order.

Please let us know if you would like all your packages shipped to (Work Address), or if you would like your July shipment sent to the (Home) address and your August shipment to (Work).

Take care,

Bob
Heroes Corner LLC
www.HeroesCorner.com

That is really cool.

I really like the personal touch that Heroes Corner seems to offer.

I emailed them a few weeks ago about what bags and boards they used for shipping and they were more than happy to make sure my comics were put into silver age ones instead of the modern ones.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:45 pm

JL_Amato wrote:That is really cool.

I really like the personal touch that Heroes Corner seems to offer.

I emailed them a few weeks ago about what bags and boards they used for shipping and they were more than happy to make sure my comics were put into silver age ones instead of the modern ones.
Yeah they really seem to be going "above and beyond" to win people over.

The only 2 problems I have with them is that they don't take Amex and they use FedEx Ground who left my first (unofficial) BoC at my door for the whole world to see.
I'm just lucky MoneyMelon and JZA weren't around my neighborhood that day.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:54 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Yeah they really seem to be going "above and beyond" to win people over.

The only 2 problems I have with them is that they don't take Amex and they use FedEx Ground who left my first (unofficial) BoC at my door for the whole world to see.
I'm just lucky MoneyMelon and JZA weren't around my neighborhood that day.

My biggest problem with both DCBS and HC is that they don't take AMEX. I would maybe try out their service or split up my order to get the best deals but I don't want to have to get another credit card to do it.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Ohhh, I'm a luchadore now. Look out bulls! :-D

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:04 pm

I thought I was the only guy who preferred Amex over Visa/MC. Yeah, it bugs me that DCBS doesn't take Amex too... But I'll live with it for their awesome discounts. For the same items, HC is still $20 more expensive for me. You do have to like their personal touch, though...

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:22 am

Midas wrote:I thought I was the only guy who preferred Amex over Visa/MC.
I use my Amex for everything I can.
They have a better rewards system for airline tickets.
(Or...at least it's been the one we've used and we're too lazy to research the options)

Postby ****** » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:37 am

MechaKingPagla wrote:I use my Amex for everything I can.
They have a better rewards system for airline tickets.
(Or...at least it's been the one we've used and we're too lazy to research the options)

The points are awesome, but I usually use mine on gadgets.

Hopefully sometime this week I should be receiving my next BOC...

a Box-O-Camera :-D

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:31 pm

I just used my points to purchase four round-trip non-stop cross-country tickets. It cost a ton of points, since I did it outside of one of the airlines that you can transfer miles to. That's the downside with Amex. If an Amex airline is not the hub either where you live or where you're going, their point system isn't that great. Also, you have to pay a fee to be a member of membership rewards, so it's even less valuable...

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 pm

Midas wrote:I just used my points to purchase four round-trip non-stop cross-country tickets. It cost a ton of points, since I did it outside of one of the airlines that you can transfer miles to. That's the downside with Amex. If an Amex airline is not the hub either where you live or where you're going, their point system isn't that great. Also, you have to pay a fee to be a member of membership rewards, so it's even less valuable...
Really?
We have Blue; I'm pretty sure there's no fee and we can use the points with any airline.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 76 posts

Postby misac » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:22 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Just got this Email.

Mr. King,

Take care,

Bob
Heroes Corner LLC
www.HeroesCorner.com

Well? What did you choose?

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:24 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Really?
We have Blue; I'm pretty sure there's no fee and we can use the points with any airline.

No fee, but the points cost is high. Its a points per dollar thing. I forget what it is, but it winds up being more than a 20,000 mile/20,000 point frequent flier ticket. The good news is that you're not restricted by date, etc. as frequent flier tickets can be.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Midas wrote:No fee, but the points cost is high. Its a points per dollar thing. I forget what it is, but it winds up being more than a 20,000 mile/20,000 point frequent flier ticket. The good news is that you're not restricted by date, etc. as frequent flier tickets can be.
Yeah, that sounds right.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:34 pm

misac wrote:Well? What did you choose?
Work.
I haven't had anything sent here yet and I don't know how that'll go over, but since they use FedEx ground, I'd rather take my chance with the mailroom guys getting pissed at me than my BoC sitting on my stoop waiting for me.
Bob did say that if they ever ship anything with USPS, they send it to my home address.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand