Advertisement

Iron Man Armor

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 401 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Iron Man Armor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:55 pm

So, It looks like they're going to adapt the movie armor as the comics armor. How does that strike you all?

I like it as I prefer the circle on the chest as opposed to the triangle, plus, I just plain liked that armor.

Another question, what are your fave Iron Man armors as well as your favs for War Machine and any other armored character out there, like X-O Manowar?

For me, the latest version of War Machine is the best. I didn't care for his alien one and the other was pretty nice.

For Iron Man, it's the Heroes Return/ Sentient one for me. It was the best of the more traditional designs for myself. The only one I dislike is the Tele-presence one, too busy I thought. Maybe some of the variants are not all that thrilling for me. Second worse one, Iron Kid's.

X-O Manowar's were nice, but I liked the Bart sears redo of the original.
Sean Chen seemed to be the only artist that made the V2 version look good to me.

I'm still thinking on the rest at Marvel. I think I like them all to one degree or another. Gotta think on the others at DC and all. :oops:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby misac » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:16 pm

The cartoon one was pretty bad too.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:26 pm

I think the movie version has been my favorite.

But I did like the Ultimate Iron Man armor too.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby JL_Amato » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:38 pm

Where did you hear about the movie armor becoming the comic armor?

:?

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm still pretty partial to the one he was using when I first started reading comics in the late 80's/early 90's. According the the Iron Man Manuel it's Model 09.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:44 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Where did you hear about the movie armor becoming the comic armor?

:?

I read that he's building himself a new armor during the Secret Invasion and that he can't use the Extremis anymore, so..............................
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:49 pm

twoheads wrote:I'm still pretty partial to the one he was using when I first started reading comics in the late 80's/early 90's. According the the Iron Man Manuel it's Model 09.

Yeah! The Armor Wars one. I like that one a good deal too. I prefer the way it first appeared, but MD Bright left the book and others that followed him, didn't stick to the exact design. I believe that's the one appearing in the Iron Man/Dr Doom series too.

The one prior to that, the Silver Centurian is another favorite. It was the first new one in over a decade and was stuffed with a pile of tech, including a new flight method, but that got forgotten with future armors. Due to it's colours and the timing of it showing up in the comics, it got nick named by myself and some friends, plus I imagine others, the "New Coke Can" armor.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 202 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:49 pm

I like the movie armor, actually, so...

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I read that he's building himself a new armor during the Secret Invasion and that he can't use the Extremis anymore, so..............................

Ohhhhh...I hadn't heard that.

I like the movie armor so it's no big deal to me.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:08 pm

I heard Adi Granov designed the movie armor. So it won't be too far away from his comic armor anyway.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:01 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:I read that he's building himself a new armor during the Secret Invasion and that he can't use the Extremis anymore, so..............................

I think I recall an interview with Fraction stating that the first arc of Invincible Iron Man takes place after Secret Invasion, and he's using Extremis.

I wish I could remember which interview that was in, though.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:21 am

I would have no complaints about it.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:26 am

My favorite armors are:

The Sean Chen/Alex Ross design for Heroes Return. I loved the classic pointy mask addition.

The armor Tony made during Armor Wars to take down Firepower. It was another nice update of the classic armor. I think they could still use that one today and nobody would complain it looks dated.

If they made the movie armor the comic version I wouldn't have a problem with it. The Extremis armor is the best armor Tony's had since the Heroes Return one and the movie armor is based on that version. I like Iron Man to be more streamlined myself. None of that Manga Armor looking stuff.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:24 am

I like the armor he wore in the late 70s - early 80s. That's probably because it is also the time I first got into IM.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:32 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:Yeah! The Armor Wars one. I like that one a good deal too. I prefer the way it first appeared, but MD Bright left the book and others that followed him, didn't stick to the exact design. I believe that's the one appearing in the Iron Man/Dr Doom series too.

actually, IIRC Bright was gone before that armor actually debuted. i'm pretty sure Butch Guice drew it first.

and my favorite remains the classic red-and-gold...yes, rocket-roller skates and all. it's cool and classic without looking too busy. after that would probably be the original all-black stealth armor, then the Chen Heroes Return armor, then the Silver Centurion, then the Guice post-Armor Wars suit.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand