Advertisement

Review Group Week 208 - 4th ANNIVERSARY FREE4ALL

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Rooster Illusion wrote:Scalped #34

by Jason Aaron & R.M Guera

Ok, I am going to get the easy part of this over with first:

9[spoiler]

There. And why the hell should I bother writing anything else, since you trade-waiting bastards won't read it anyway for fear I might spoil something for you. Little babies.

Well don't worry, I won't give away anything that might ruin your precious enjoyment. I won't, for example, mention that Diesel is now in a wheelchair after a mysterious shadowy figure in an orange Plymouth Duster runs him down as he's walking along the side of the highway after he and Bad Horse part company. Or I won't give away, for example, anything major like the fact that Carol Ellroy is a twin. Or that her twin is male and breeds alpaca for drug money. After the raindance, Chief Red Crow learns that Dino Poor Bear has broken Lawrence Belcourt out of prison, and the two of them are on the run after hitching a ride with Carol Ellroy's estranged twin.

It was a great read, I love crime fiction that is set on Native American Rezzes because there are so many assorted criminals, drunks, addicts, and slappers there to use in the stories. Needs more teepees, though.

The artwork here is good stuff, very gritty and realistic, which was never more apparent than in the Granny Poor Bear shower scene.[/spoiler]

I don't care what you put in read I'm not gonna read it!!! :x

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:12 pm

The poll will be open for 5 more hours, but unless something drastic happens (Pet Avengers actually has a 3 vote lead when MrBlack's statement that he would like to change votes is factored in) Tails of the Pet Avengers is the backup pick for the week.

If your shop has Choker, buy that. If your shop doesn't have Choker, buy Tails of the Pet Avengers instead.

(unless of course some other book wins the poll.)

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Rooster Illusion wrote:between home and the shop I've shoveled snow 4 times today already,...

I, too, have shoveled multiple times today. I just went out at 11pm and shoveled part of my driveway and sidewalk so I wouldn't have so much to do in the morning. 6-12 total inches expected. Then the damn plow came through 30 minutes later and covered the damn sidewalk again. Son of a bitch! Yes, they're plowing my streets at midnight. Sonsabitches!
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:11 am

Anyone reviewed the Noir books yet? If not I'll review them both soon
You don't have to like me
You don't have to respect me
But you will LISTEN to me.
-----
Always Right

Postby ****** » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:09 am

Jubilee wrote:Anyone reviewed the Noir books yet? If not I'll review them both soon

If you've got them, please do. Otherwise I was going to get them at the shop today.

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 am

amlah6 wrote:If you've got them, please do. Otherwise I was going to get them at the shop today.

I'm going up to the place where sells comics, and I'll be back in an hour. I'll review them then.

Postby ****** » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:27 am

amlah6 wrote:Unless there are any reviews posted between now and when I get back to it in the morning, here are the current counts for reviews posted this week that will be applied to the ladder climbing stuff.

Kerny 3
Dragavon 1
48THRiLLS 5
starlord 6
Jude Terror 2
prozacman 0
Mr_Batman 0
GLX 1
MrBlack 7
SuperginraiX 0
Twigglet 6
doombug 17
Chubbles 4
guitarsmashley 2
amlah6 22
john lewis hawk 0
Old Man 12
thefourthman 20
Chris 0
Fieldy Snuts 1
Frag It 0
Punchy 11
MistaT 0
Daringd 2
Eli Katz 1
Hnutz 0
Rooster Illusion 23
GHERU 0
Greg 1

4thy has given his full 20 to Jude

I'm giving 10 of mine to Kerny since he's getting shafted on his pick this week.

I'm giving my remaining 12 to starlord. Anyone who can spend 4 days in the hospital and still come back and review 6 books the same week deserves a bonus.

Are there any other jumps being given away? Speak now or I ignore you later.

Alrighty then, I'm doing this now and these are the numbers I'm going with.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 am

amlah6 wrote:I don't care what you put in read I'm not gonna read it!!! :x

:lol: You big babies, I didn't spoil anything for you. :P

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:19 am

amlah6 wrote:Alrighty then, I'm doing this now and these are the numbers I'm going with.

Sorry I wasn't online earlier--technically Jude should get a few of mine because I said I'd give him a few if I broke Doombug's gentlemen's tie. I didn't really intend to come in first, but I kept finding the harder-to-come-by books. :(

If it's too late that's cool.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 am

Old Man wrote:I, too, have shoveled multiple times today. I just went out at 11pm and shoveled part of my driveway and sidewalk so I wouldn't have so much to do in the morning. 6-12 total inches expected. Then the damn plow came through 30 minutes later and covered the damn sidewalk again. Son of a bitch! Yes, they're plowing my streets at midnight. Sonsabitches!

The exact same story with the plow creating more work happened to me yesterday too.

Cheers to UPS for delivering my Crumb book at 7:30 PM though.

Postby ****** » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:22 am

Rooster Illusion wrote:Sorry I wasn't online earlier--technically Jude should get a few of mine because I said I'd give him a few if I broke Doombug's gentlemen's tie. I didn't really intend to come in first, but I kept finding the harder-to-come-by books. :(

If it's too late that's cool.

I was in the middle of double checking how I applied everything, I guess I can start over.

So, you have a tie with doomy and the rest of yours go to Jude then?

Got it.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:23 am

amlah6 wrote:I was in the middle of double checking how I applied everything, I guess I can start over.

So, you have a tie with doomy and the rest of yours go to Jude then?

Got it.

Do whatever is easiest, I just didn't want to be a welcher.

Postby ****** » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 am

Rooster Illusion wrote:Do whatever is easiest, I just didn't want to be a welcher.

It's no problem. I'm almost done.

All I know is that when I have a kid and name him Fone Bone I'd better get 2 out of the next 8 picks. :P

Postby ****** » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 am

Holy crapballs! This ladder thing is for sure going to be a one time deal. :lol:

Okay, so after I applied the gifted jumps from J, 4thy and myself here's what our starting point was:

Since Kerny had the automatic pick for this week, I counted Dragavon's spot as the top of the ladder. Once a member reached the top spot, their remaining jumps moved into the carryover column.

Here are the final results...

I double and triple checked the results to ensure I had all my ducks lined up firing squad style. I won't immediately plug the results into the SOD, so if anyone has questions now would be the time.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 pm

I have no idea what all that means, but I thank you so much for your generosity. That's very kind of you.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand