Saturday, May 26, 2018 • Morning Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 208 - 4th ANNIVERSARY FREE4ALL

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:49 pm

This wasn’t a bad comic at all. Yeah the beginning story doesn’t exactly make sense for a story taking place 60 years after rebel without a cause but hey it’s Jeph Loeb what do you expect…a lot more actually. I am only a member of the Loeb Haters club since he left DC. I’ve loved his Tim Sale Books(gambit/wolverine sucked) and Hush was awesome but after he left Superman/Batman his work has just been laughably bad like he’s letting Frank Miller write his books. This one wasn’t bad but very spotty in terms of narrative. But it picked up speed with Kitty showing up. I still don’t fully understand how Wolverine died in Ultimatum but then again I don’t care. Once kitty shows up the comic is actually interesting as are wolvie jr’s powers over his physiology. It’s the art I’m not really high on…and I love art adams…well I used to anyway. I’m not really into his current style but he’s still really awesome just not what I used to love about him. I’m still bitter over how DC wasted his exclusive on a few pages for Superman Batman Loebs dead son issue and a few covers here and there. Overall I’m not likely to follow the whole story but it was a decent enough read.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:09 pm

fuck it. I don't feel like doing any more. I hate you all.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:09 pm

SO, Choker may be a problem. It was on our invoice, but we DID NOT received it. We were very concerned about this as when we did a reorder the other day, there were not many copies left of Diamond's initial order (which on a book like this is probably the entire run)... so we called our rep up special and were told that it was an invoicing error... the item has already been marked to be removed (monetarily) from shops' invoices next week, but it would not ship this week. SO... everyone check their shops tomorrow to see if it is out and our rep was blowing smoke up our ass (unlikely as our rep is one of four people that work at Diamond that I like, because she has always been straight with us)

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:16 pm

thefourthman wrote:SO, Choker may be a problem. It was on our invoice, but we DID NOT received it. We were very concerned about this as when we did a reorder the other day, there were not many copies left of Diamond's initial order (which on a book like this is probably the entire run)... so we called our rep up special and were told that it was an invoicing error... the item has already been marked to be removed (monetarily) from shops' invoices next week, but it would not ship this week. SO... everyone check their shops tomorrow to see if it is out and our rep was blowing smoke up our ass (unlikely as our rep is one of four people that work at Diamond that I like, because she has always been straight with us)

I've sent Kerny a PM. Hopefully he's online and can pick another book quickly.

I don't think anything like this has happened before with a pick, it's crazy.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Wait, I'm sorry, what's the deal? Choker's just not coming out this week?

PS Watch out for Newsarama, it's infected again.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:21 pm

amlah6 wrote:I've sent Kerny a PM. Hopefully he's online and can pick another book quickly.

I don't think anything like this has happened before with a pick, it's crazy.

Like I said in the pm, it is the first time I have not seen an accompanying note from diamond.

Did you try sending him an email too? Evidently that email button works.

All right I got to get back to work.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:33 pm

I think the default pick should Choker not be available should be Hit Monkey!

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:35 pm

thefourthman wrote:Like I said in the pm, it is the first time I have not seen an accompanying note from diamond.

Did you try sending him an email too? Evidently that email button works.

All right I got to get back to work.

Yeah, I tried his AIM which said he was offline and sent him an e-mail.

We'll give him an hour to make a backup pick, if not I'll need to do a poll.

Stupid Diamond. :x

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:35 pm

thefourthman wrote:I think the default pick should Choker not be available should be Hit Monkey!

DIAF! :evil:

Kerny

Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

I got your e-mail Amlah and rushed to the Outhouse! :wink:

I say we do a poll of suggestions, cuz nothing else struck my fancy, or it's somthing I feel isn't very review group material that I already read

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Kerny wrote:I got your e-mail Amlah and rushed to the Outhouse! :wink:

I say we do a poll of suggestions, cuz nothing else struck my fancy, or it's somthing I feel isn't very review group material that I already read

Thanks for the quick reply. Choker will still be the primary pick, but it'll be good to have a backup selection just in case. I'm giving you 10 of my jumps tomorrow since you're getting shafted here.

I'm looking at poll options now. I think I'll go with...

ADVENTURE COMICS WITH BLACK LANTERN SUPERBOY #7
BATGIRL #7
HUMAN TARGET #1 (OF 6)
REBELS #13
HIT-MONKEY #1
TAILS OF PET AVENGERS #1
ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #7
X-MEN PIXIE STRIKES BACK #1 (OF 4)
ANCHOR #5
MUPPET KING ARTHUR #1

I'm either voting for REBELS or Pet Avengers, but knowing the OH it'll probably be the monkey book.

The poll will be up in a few minutes.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:49 pm

X-Men Pixie Strikes Back IMO.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:59 pm

amlah6 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Choker will still be the primary pick, but it'll be good to have a backup selection just in case. I'm giving you 10 of my jumps tomorrow since you're getting shafted here.

I'm looking at poll options now. I think I'll go with...

ADVENTURE COMICS WITH BLACK LANTERN SUPERBOY #7
BATGIRL #7
HUMAN TARGET #1 (OF 6)
REBELS #13
HIT-MONKEY #1
TAILS OF PET AVENGERS #1
ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #7
X-MEN PIXIE STRIKES BACK #1 (OF 4)
ANCHOR #5
MUPPET KING ARTHUR #1

I'm either voting for REBELS or Pet Avengers, but knowing the OH it'll probably be the monkey book.

The poll will be up in a few minutes.

Why no DMZ #50? Please don't say you and Lee read it in trade again.

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Rooster Illusion wrote:Why no DMZ #50? Please don't say you and Lee read it in trade again.

Read it in trade AND it's not on Diamond's new list.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:02 pm

amlah6 wrote:Read it in trade AND it's not on Diamond's new list.

it's out, but I feel the same.

leave a comment with facebook