Advertisement

Review Group Week 209 - CHOKER #1/TAILS OF THE PET AVENGERS

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby ****** » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:58 pm

doombug wrote:Sorry guys, couldn't find either at my shop today. I even went looking. Looks like I'm skipping this week. :?

And Twigg if you had actually paid attention to the last few pages of the thread for last week, Kerny said nothing else really interested him and Fourthy said his shop wasn't going to have the book so a poll was made and the decision was reached fairly. Your being a drama queen for the sake of being a drama queen.

He knows, he voted for the Bendis book in the poll obviously.

I don't think he's trying to cause drama, he just hasn't reached the point where he can read an all ages book without being embarrassed about it. :lol:

Advertisement

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Liked in: 9 posts
Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 pm

doombug wrote:
And Twigg if you had actually paid attention to the last few pages of the thread for last week, Kerny said nothing else really interested him and Fourthy said his shop wasn't going to have the book so a poll was made and the decision was reached fairly. Your being a drama queen for the sake of being a drama queen.

I know. I voted in it possibly ( I don't know if I did or not) but as it's not a pick by one person, I feel much better in not picking up Avengers Pets or whatever it's called. I really would not enjoy this comic.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:07 pm

You hate fun...except for Milligan/Allred fun which surprises the hell out of me. :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:07 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yep, yep and yep. I wonder who made the choice here to charge $4 and then print it on the cheapest glossy stock possible?

Hopefully they don't make a similar mistake when they collect it.

I could probably fish a small stack of books in the last year or two that were similarly printed badly--but this was one of the worst I can recall. I told the guy at the counter I would gladly wait for the collected book rather than buy a book that looks like that one. I can't imagine them printing it like that for the trade.

The Street Fighter book was a toss-off for the anniversary thread, I almost didn't buy it for the same reason. These books are not cheap, I am through shelling out full cover for a shoddy product. It would be like paying full price for a car with a fucked up paint job--sure it runs as well as any other new car, but it looks like shite.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Liked in: 9 posts
Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:10 pm

doombug wrote:You hate fun...except for Milligan/Allred fun which surprises the hell out of me. :lol:

Millagan/Allred fun is much more funnier and a lot less of the "random" humour which appears in Deadpool and similar books like this. I hate "fun" which is just random concepts thrown together, I like actual humour comics like Nextwave or X-statix which genuinly are cleverly written.

To conclude - Pets teaming up to look like thier adult counterparts - Not funny

Ellis poking fun at superhero books - Funny

A monkey which is also a hitman - Not funny

Milligan using X-statix to rip on popular culture and also "ruining" an X-force book in the process - Hilarious

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Can I review hitman monkey when I read it?

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post

Postby MrBlack » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Punchy and Twigglet once again prove that they're fucking retards.:P

Pet Avengers was an awesome mini (and yes Twigglet, someone died), and I'm sure that the Tails book was awesome based solely on the strength of the mini.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:06 pm

I still find it amusing that despite his hate for non-grim-and-gritty books, Twig's avatar is from an all-ages book.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:27 pm

My shop had neither :(
They didn't get Choker (she said that they are getting it on the 24th?) and they sold out of the 3 copies of Pet Avengers that they received... I will review Choker when they get it, I need to keep my streak alive 8)

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 pm

doombug wrote:Can I review hitman monkey when I read it?

Sure, just don't post it here. :P
I was perfectly content before I was born.

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 pm

MrBlack wrote:Pet Avengers was an awesome mini

YES!

And fuck everybody else, the best new character of 2009 was Throg, the Thor Frog. :D

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:37 am

MrBlack wrote:Punchy and Twigglet once again prove that they're fucking retards.:P

Pet Avengers was an awesome mini (and yes Twigglet, someone died), and I'm sure that the Tails book was awesome based solely on the strength of the mini.

What did I do?

My store didn't have either, so... whatever.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:49 am

Punchy wrote:I really hope my store has Choker, I don't want to read Pet Avengers.

Punchy wrote:What did I do?

My store didn't have either, so... whatever.

:x

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 am

MrBlack wrote::x

That's hardly heinous!

Postby ****** » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:42 am

Yowzers, so we have two picks and both are in short supply. Nice. :(

leave a comment with facebook