Friday, July 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Return of Bruce Wayne: WW1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:49 am

McKegan wrote:So, did he paste little horns onto his helmet? Because that seems a little gay, even for Batman.

He has a horny helmet? Also ribbed for your pleasure! :-D

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:53 am

Batman would never use guns even if he was in WWII, unless this an Elseworld Bruce...

But great sketch.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:56 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Batman would never use guns even if he was in WWII, unless this an Elseworld Bruce...

But great sketch.

Then where's the fun in the character?

Sorry, but I hate that supposedly inflexibility. Batman has killed. Usually it's aliens or shit like that, but he has killed sentient beings under extreme circumstances.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:39 pm

jsalwen wrote:Then where's the fun in the character?

Sorry, but I hate that supposedly inflexibility. Batman has killed. Usually it's aliens or shit like that, but he has killed sentient beings under extreme circumstances.

I've never seen him kill. he incapacitated the white martians. I don't think you understand the core of Bruce Wayne/Batman as a character sir.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:45 pm

doombug wrote:I've never seen him kill. he incapacitated the white martians. I don't think you understand the core of Bruce Wayne/Batman as a character sir.

I understand that he bores me...

ZombieRed

Expert Post Whore

Postby ZombieRed » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Pretty good actually. You should just change the pants so they look more militaristic and give him army boots. His pants and shoes look to casual for a battlefield, IMO. You also don't really need horns on the helmet if he has a bat symbol on his chest.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:25 pm

ZombieRed wrote:Pretty good actually. You should just change the pants so they look more militaristic and give him army boots. His pants and shoes look to casual for a battlefield, IMO. You also don't really need horns on the helmet if he has a bat symbol on his chest.

Yeah.

That was actually referenced from WW1 uniforms.:(

I get what you're saying though.

shannonh

Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Ok, I'm going to let my fanboy out to play a minute. :D

Bruce would never be on a battlefield to need guns. His style is more like a ninja. He would lurk in the shadows and fight using stealth techniques. Also, he wouldn't waste time fighting foot soldiers unless they were guarding the "big boss". By taking the "boss" down (and delivering him to the proper authorities. lol) the whole operation crumbles.

I say eliminate the bat symbol on his chest and have what could be the makings of a pretty cool creator owned story and character. 8)

Critique-- We should see more of the top of the left boot by the perspective of the
ground. Great detail and pose. Face looks great.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 am

Nice! I like this.

danova

Whippersnapper

Postby danova » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Feels a little like a hybrid between him and sandman.

Billy Kryder

Birdman

Postby Billy Kryder » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:38 am

I dig it man...

leave a comment with facebook