Advertisement

Potential actor's strike affecting production

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 201 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:59 am

Guys, khuxford is a poster here. Let's not bash him please.

Advertisement

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:59 am

chap22 wrote:i've got a lot of something for her... :-D

Drool and Ben-Gay?

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 596 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 am

nietoperz wrote:Guys, khuxford is a poster here. Let's not bash him please.
I'm not bashing, I'm just ribbing.

But if you could put a squeeze on toolverine's & jza's "cncoyle is fat" jokes, I'd appreciate it. They posted some things that made me cry the other day.

(Of course, my tears are made out of gravy, so they're delicious.)
-

kingofcities
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingofcities » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:08 am

nietoperz wrote:Guys, khuxford is a poster here. Let's not bash him please.

I'm not bashing him. His stance on union labor is WELL known on the internetz. Saying he's hardcore isn't an insult. And there is a very real chance I'll see him in the next few days and have a beer with him.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:09 am

kingofcities wrote:Saying he's hardcore isn't an insult.
LOL, after the Guggenheim incident, I don't think the adjective 'hardcore' would even be called to question.
-

jza1218

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby jza1218 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:09 am

cncoyle wrote:I'm not bashing, I'm just ribbing.

But if you could put a squeeze on toolverine's & jza's "cncoyle is fat" jokes, I'd appreciate it. They posted some things that made me cry the other day.

(Of course, my tears are made out of gravy, so they're delicious.)

Jokes?

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:10 am

jza1218 wrote:Jokes?
:smt022
-

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:11 am

cncoyle wrote:LOL, after the Guggenheim incident, I don't think the adjective 'hardcore' would even be called to question.

That's what I'm saying. He'd wear it as a badge of pride. :-D

Allen
Staff Writer

Title: Two-Time Avatar Hall of Famer

Postby Allen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:52 am

Actors are acting like primadonnas (shocking, isn't it?). Part of their problem is they're trying to one-up another actor's union who already came to a settlement a while ago. :roll:

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:57 am

kingofcities wrote:I'll probably see him in two days. :-D

Kuhx is going to be in Chicago too! :o

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:02 am

starlord wrote:Kuhx is going to be in Chicago too! :o

I don't know for sure but I'm guessing yes. I met him and most of the Best Shots guys last year at the con.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:17 am

I think the fact that a lot of the top actors like Tom Hanks and George Clooney are against a strike will be a good thing. It's one thing when the WGA goes on strike and some minor guys people haven't heard of call it BS and a waste of time, but when you have household names telling people that the strike is wrong, despite being members of the union on strike, well I think that undermines you a bit more and will lead to a quicker resolution. Also a lot of folks lost money during the last strike and aren't keen to go through another, and that is both the networks that lost shows and the actors, writers, and behind the scenes folks that produce the shows. I think that if the strike occurs there will be lots of pressure from all sides to end it quickly.

Allen
Staff Writer

Title: Two-Time Avatar Hall of Famer

Postby Allen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I think the fact that a lot of the top actors like Tom Hanks and George Clooney are against a strike will be a good thing. It's one thing when the WGA goes on strike and some minor guys people haven't heard of call it BS and a waste of time, but when you have household names telling people that the strike is wrong, despite being members of the union on strike, well I think that undermines you a bit more and will lead to a quicker resolution. Also a lot of folks lost money during the last strike and aren't keen to go through another, and that is both the networks that lost shows and the actors, writers, and behind the scenes folks that produce the shows. I think that if the strike occurs there will be lots of pressure from all sides to end it quickly.

I know people in the SAG, and those who work behind the scenes (comes with living in L.A.). No one is looking forward to a strike. They're still not recovered from the last one. They simply can't afford another work stoppage.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 am

Allen wrote:I know people in the SAG, and those who work behind the scenes (comes with living in L.A.). No one is looking forward to a strike. They're still not recovered from the last one. They simply can't afford another work stoppage.

I think the only people not accepting that as a reality are the hardcore pro-union folks that don't accept reality and the top guys for SAG, unfortunately that second group is in charge of the negotiations.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum