Advertisement

Review Group Week 211 - X-MEN FOREVER #18

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 am

Spicy Dick wrote:I think Jude backed you up that week, you should do the same for him this week.

(So I can never let you live it down)

XMF could be good, I'm keeping an open mind about it.

No really, I am!

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:33 am

Spicy Dick wrote:A couple weeks ago, at an auction there were two tightly packed longboxes ALL of '90s era X-Men #1 various covers. No one would bid on them and they finally went for $1 per longbox. :lol:

I'd buy that for a dollar.

I don't own a copy of X-Men #1. :cry:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 am

amlah6 wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about. I was too busy trying to get laid in 1991 to be seen reading comic books.

In Britain you just hide them under your mattress when the old toothless slapper finally comes around and gives you your turn.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:36 am

amlah6 wrote:I'd buy that for a dollar.

I don't own a copy of X-Men #1. :cry:

Seriously?

I have a number of them if you want them.

(No I did not buy the longboxes, but they are very common in bulk at auctions from speculators who have finally given up.)

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:36 am

Spicy Dick wrote:In Britain you just hide them under your mattress when the old toothless slapper finally comes around and gives you your turn.

It makes sense that a person like you would be getting with toothless slappers if you come to Britain. Fair enough for settling.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 am

Jubilee wrote:It makes sense that a person like you would be getting with toothless slappers if you come to Britain. Fair enough for settling.

Keep 'er warm for me.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 am

Spicy Dick wrote:Keep 'er warm for me.

I think you're getting mistaken here, it seems you're getting a bit annoyed at the mere idea that someone isn't comfortable to be reading comics in the open. I mean the very fact that you're setttling for a toothless slapper indicates you should be hiding your comics. Then saying I have to do the same comes across as very lame man. There's people in this review group who are 40 and single, there's people in this book who met there girlfriends on comic book messageboards. Perhaps getting so bent out of shape on an off the wall remark indicates you're struggling as well. I don't know man, but it's worth thinking about hiding your comics perhaps?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:44 am

Jubilee wrote:I think you're getting mistaken here, it seems you're getting a bit annoyed at the mere idea that someone isn't comfortable to be reading comics in the open. I mean the very fact that you're setttling for a toothless slapper indicates you should be hiding your comics. Then saying I have to do the same comes across as very lame man. There's people in this review group who are 40 and single, there's people in this book who met there girlfriends on comic book messageboards. Perhaps getting so bent out of shape on an off the wall remark indicates you're struggling as well. I don't know man, but it's worth thinking about hiding your comics perhaps?

What the hell are you rambling on at?

Only one of us has gotten bent out of shape at a joke here, and you can see him if you peer closely into your mirror. or any reflective surface. :lol:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:44 am

Spicy Dick wrote:What the hell are you rambling on at?

Only one of us has gotten bent out of shape at a joke here, and you can see him if you peer closely into your mirror. or any reflective surface. :lol:

Nice of you and Amlah using a three week old joke. :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:45 am

Jubilee wrote:Nice of you and Amlah using a three week old joke. :lol:

It's called continuity.

Postby ****** » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 am

Jubilee wrote:Nice of you and Amlah using a three week old joke. :lol:

I stuck with the doombug is a cutter jokes for well over a year, I figure I can get at least that much mileage out of this as long as you keep taking it for serious.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 am

Twigglet's not ashamed of comics, just the floppies, he gets his omnibus editions out for all the girls.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 am

amlah6 wrote:I stuck with the doombug is a cutter jokes for well over a year, I figure I can get at least that much mileage out of this as long as you keep taking it for serious.

Tell me something about yourself so I can lutz you for it then!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 am

Punchy wrote:Twigglet's not ashamed of comics, just the floppies, he gets his omnibus editions out for all the girls.

They are very embaressing.

Well some of the old ones are around my room, some of them look awesomely cool in a retro way.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 am

Punchy wrote:Twigglet's not ashamed of comics, just the floppies, he gets his omnibus editions out for all the girls.

Due to their length and girth, no doubt.

Did you get your hardware fixed?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand