Advertisement

Review Group Week 211 - X-MEN FOREVER #18

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 969 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:Itt: Punchy not only hates Jude's favorite comic sight unseen, but his favorite movie as well.

It's cool I am tanking the scores of every Bendis and Millar book from now until he leaves comics.

Also, I'm going to go give Scott Pilgrim a 0.0 score in the Trade Review Group even though I like it.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I'm going to pick a Deadpool book on my next turn just so I can give it a low rating.

Jude I was being completely honest. I don't want to spend the 4 dollars on something in which the preview pissed me off. I do not like bad writing and that's exactly what the preview had.

I am already on a budget as it is and don't fell like I need to be crucified for respectively bowing out for a week.

It's not personal. Supergirl among other books that have been picked the last couple weeks have already been on my pull list.

Thanks to the review group Tim Seeley has become a friend and Hack/Slash is one of the my favorite books every week, I read Echo now and a few other examples could be listed.

My hours at work got cut and I'm already having to possibly cut back on books I love at the moment.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 205 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm

doombug wrote:Jude I was being completely honest. I don't want to spend the 4 dollars on something in which the preview pissed me off. I do not like bad writing and that's exactly what the preview had.

I am already on a budget as it is and don't fell like I need to be crucified for respectively bowing out for a week.

It's not personal. Supergirl among other books that have been picked the last couple weeks have already been on my pull list.

Thanks to the review group Tim Seeley has become a friend and Hack/Slash is one of the my favorite books every week, I read Echo now and a few other examples could be listed.

My hours at work got cut and I'm already having to possibly cut back on books I love at the moment.

excuses excuses... be a man, jump behind the counter, grab a subscribers copy, read it, tear it up in anger, find a new shop and post a review like a man!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:40 pm

doombug wrote:Jude I was being completely honest. I don't want to spend the 4 dollars on something in which the preview pissed me off. I do not like bad writing and that's exactly what the preview had.

I will pay for the book for you.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I will pay for the book for you.

my plan saves you $4 and creates lots of unnecessary drama. In other words, shut your whore mouth!

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 pm

I'll read a fucking copy at the shop. No one else has ever been this butthurt when people said they were skipping their week. :?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 pm

doombug wrote:I'll read a fucking copy at the shop. No one else has ever been this butthurt when people said they were skipping their week. :?

I read it, dammit. If I had to suffer, so do the rest of you!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Jude sees it as his sacred mission to spread the XMF gospel, he's on a holy crusade.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:44 pm

doombug wrote:I'll read a fucking copy at the shop. No one else has ever been this butthurt when people said they were skipping their week. :?

No, buy a copy. I'll pay for it.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:44 pm

But and I mean this very honestly: WOuldn't you rather someone skip the week if they have an obvious bias against the book? Ala Punchy or myself who flat out hated the preview?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Punchy wrote:Jude sees it as his sacred mission to spread the XMF gospel, he's on a holy crusade.

It's true. Because if I get people to read it, they may like it, and if they like it, they will keep buying it, and if they keep buying it, it will keep getting published, and if it keeps getting published, I can keep reading it.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Jude Terror wrote:No, buy a copy. I'll pay for it.

YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!!!!

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Jude Terror wrote:No, buy a copy. I'll pay for it.

I'll just borrow Dave or Paul's copy while i'm in the shop and read it while I figure out what I'm picking up that week. No big deal.

I'm just not buying it. :?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:46 pm

doombug wrote:I'll just borrow Dave or Paul's copy while i'm in the shop and read it while I figure out what I'm picking up that week. No big deal.

I'm just not buying it. :?

That's fucked up, man. I thought we were friends.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Jude Terror wrote:That's fucked up, man. I thought we were friends.

We are Jude. You know we don't affect the sales of the books right? The direct market doesn't really have much of an effect. It's the actual shops who order a select number of the books who helps the sales of books.

Ask Lee.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand