Advertisement

Albert Pyun and my Captain America film

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Albert Pyun
Birdman

Liked in: 0 post

Albert Pyun and my Captain America film

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:17 am

Hi Everyone,

This is Albert Pyun...yes, yes, I desecrated Captain America. And believe me, I've been paying for that misfire for 20 years. I wish the new filmmakers luck and a budget larger than a million dollars. Believe me, they'll need it. Cap's a tough character to realize properly.

I've actually discussed the trials and tribulations of making the 1990 film in some blogs on my website, www.albertpyunmovies.com. In no way can I be forgiven but it does shed a little light into the dark crevice that was that filmmaking experience. I've has a few worst situations since but no so disappointing. That blog covers some of that.

Enjoy this site and the forums in particular!

Best,
Albert Pyun
www.bulletfacemovie.com
www.albertpyunmovies.com

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 202 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:21 am

Well, The Lord of the Monkeys has a confession to make....

I have a warm place in my heart for that Captain America movie. I love it so, even with it's flaws!

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Alchemic_Spider

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Alchemic_Spider » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 am

how do you sleep at night?..... :x

I keed I keed...welcome! :-D

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Re: Albert Pyun and my Captain America film

Postby Strict31 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Hi Everyone,

This is Albert Pyun...yes, yes, I desecrated Captain America. And believe me, I've been paying for that misfire for 20 years. I wish the new filmmakers luck and a budget larger than a million dollars. Believe me, they'll need it. Cap's a tough character to realize properly.

I've actually discussed the trials and tribulations of making the 1990 film in some blogs on my website, www.albertpyunmovies.com. In no way can I be forgiven but it does shed a little light into the dark crevice that was that filmmaking experience. I've has a few worst situations since but no so disappointing. That blog covers some of that.

Enjoy this site and the forums in particular!

Best,
Albert Pyun
www.bulletfacemovie.com
www.albertpyunmovies.com

I'd like to know the story of that Fantastic Four movie, personally. And more info about that Superman treatment you mentioned a while back.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Hi Everyone,

This is Albert Pyun...yes, yes, I desecrated Captain America.

That's probably the best epitaph I've ever read.

Welcome to the Outhouse!

Albert Pyun
Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 am

Strict31 wrote:I'd like to know the story of that Fantastic Four movie, personally. And more info about that Superman treatment you mentioned a while back.

you know the 80's were a very weird time for me. I was just starting out and the business was in sort of a transitional state from theatrical only to Home video and cable tv.

I was attached to a lot of interesting projects like Total Recall with William Hurt and the Superman, Spider-Man, Captain America trifecta.

Problem back then was budgets. Or lack of them.

Ask me some specific things you might want to know and I'll answer in detail on my blog.

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 128 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 am

I for one always enjoyed the 90s.. HEIL HITLER!

Ok I couldn't resist that.

I'm reviewing Captain America (1990) in March in my So I Finally Saw.. column ironically. I have to admit I did somewhat be enjoyed by the first twenty minutes. But come on. You didn't direct the 70s Capt did you? I mean if you did then why the heck didn't you have Reb Brown yell? I mean it's Reb Brown. The dude has to yell every time he does action. I think it was in his contract.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Albert Pyun
Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 am

Eli Katz wrote:That's probably the best epitaph I've ever read.

Welcome to the Outhouse!

Think I'll ever be forgiven?? 20 years of penance is a long time. That whole Hulu showing my version just stoked the hellfires. I hope the new Cap allows my wreck to drift properly into obscurity.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 am

Albert Pyun wrote:you know the 80's were a very weird time for me. I was just starting out and the business was in sort of a transitional state from theatrical only to Home video and cable tv.

I was attached to a lot of interesting projects like Total Recall with William Hurt and the Superman, Spider-Man, Captain America trifecta.

Problem back then was budgets. Or lack of them.

Ask me some specific things you might want to know and I'll answer in detail on my blog.

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

Well, I'm still waiting for Sword and the Sorcerer 2: Electric Boogaloo, starring Katy Perry. I envision it as a musical in which she doesn't sing, just sorta...I dunno...jiggles a lot.

Oh, and people will probably need to get stabbed. But only the evil people, of course.

Alchemic_Spider

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Alchemic_Spider » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Think I'll ever be forgiven?? 20 years of penance is a long time. That whole Hulu showing my version just stoked the hellfires. I hope the new Cap allows my wreck to drift properly into obscurity.

Don't be so hard on yourself....could be worst...you could have made Batman Forever.

Albert Pyun
Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 am

Zechs wrote:I for one always enjoyed the 90s.. HEIL HITLER!

Ok I couldn't resist that.

I'm reviewing Captain America (1990) in March in my So I Finally Saw.. column ironically. I have to admit I did somewhat be enjoyed by the first twenty minutes. But come on. You didn't direct the 70s Capt did you? I mean if you did then why the heck didn't you have Reb Brown yell? I mean it's Reb Brown. The dude has to yell every time he does action. I think it was in his contract.

no, you can pin a lot of cheese on me, but not that one. There's a reason the first 20 minutes was better than the rest...one of blogs from Jan goes in gory detail about it.

Best
Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Think I'll ever be forgiven?? 20 years of penance is a long time. That whole Hulu showing my version just stoked the hellfires. I hope the new Cap allows my wreck to drift properly into obscurity.

Dude.. you made the 90s Cap, not the 70s. You're penance is over. No worries. At least your film HAD action in it. Plus Cap in the first ten minutes. Plus World War II. Oh and Nazis. :)

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 am

I wouldn't worry about it. It is the nature of the Internet that people talk a lot of shit. I mean, just look at Jude.

Albert Pyun
Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:41 am

Strict31 wrote:Well, I'm still waiting for Sword and the Sorcerer 2: Electric Boogaloo, starring Katy Perry. I envision it as a musical in which she doesn't sing, just sorta...I dunno...jiggles a lot.

Oh, and people will probably need to get stabbed. But only the evil people, of course.

ah...did someone let the cat out of the bag about my Sword follow up which comes out April 23rd? Tales of an Ancient Empire.

Best,
Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 am

Strict31 wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. It is the nature of the Internet that people talk a lot of shit. I mean, just look at Jude.

[meme]missionaccomplished[/meme]

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum