Saturday, April 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Albert Pyun and my Captain America film

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Albert Pyun

Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:17 am

Hi Everyone,

This is Albert Pyun...yes, yes, I desecrated Captain America. And believe me, I've been paying for that misfire for 20 years. I wish the new filmmakers luck and a budget larger than a million dollars. Believe me, they'll need it. Cap's a tough character to realize properly.

I've actually discussed the trials and tribulations of making the 1990 film in some blogs on my website, www.albertpyunmovies.com. In no way can I be forgiven but it does shed a little light into the dark crevice that was that filmmaking experience. I've has a few worst situations since but no so disappointing. That blog covers some of that.

Enjoy this site and the forums in particular!

Best,
Albert Pyun
www.bulletfacemovie.com
www.albertpyunmovies.com
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:21 am

Well, The Lord of the Monkeys has a confession to make....

I have a warm place in my heart for that Captain America movie. I love it so, even with it's flaws!

Alchemic_Spider

Postby Alchemic_Spider » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 am

how do you sleep at night?..... :x


I keed I keed...welcome! :-D
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Hi Everyone,

This is Albert Pyun...yes, yes, I desecrated Captain America. And believe me, I've been paying for that misfire for 20 years. I wish the new filmmakers luck and a budget larger than a million dollars. Believe me, they'll need it. Cap's a tough character to realize properly.

I've actually discussed the trials and tribulations of making the 1990 film in some blogs on my website, www.albertpyunmovies.com. In no way can I be forgiven but it does shed a little light into the dark crevice that was that filmmaking experience. I've has a few worst situations since but no so disappointing. That blog covers some of that.

Enjoy this site and the forums in particular!

Best,
Albert Pyun
www.bulletfacemovie.com
www.albertpyunmovies.com


I'd like to know the story of that Fantastic Four movie, personally. And more info about that Superman treatment you mentioned a while back.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Hi Everyone,

This is Albert Pyun...yes, yes, I desecrated Captain America.

That's probably the best epitaph I've ever read.

Welcome to the Outhouse!

Albert Pyun

Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 am

Strict31 wrote:I'd like to know the story of that Fantastic Four movie, personally. And more info about that Superman treatment you mentioned a while back.


you know the 80's were a very weird time for me. I was just starting out and the business was in sort of a transitional state from theatrical only to Home video and cable tv.

I was attached to a lot of interesting projects like Total Recall with William Hurt and the Superman, Spider-Man, Captain America trifecta.

Problem back then was budgets. Or lack of them.

Ask me some specific things you might want to know and I'll answer in detail on my blog.

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 am

I for one always enjoyed the 90s.. HEIL HITLER!

Ok I couldn't resist that.


I'm reviewing Captain America (1990) in March in my So I Finally Saw.. column ironically. I have to admit I did somewhat be enjoyed by the first twenty minutes. But come on. You didn't direct the 70s Capt did you? I mean if you did then why the heck didn't you have Reb Brown yell? I mean it's Reb Brown. The dude has to yell every time he does action. I think it was in his contract.

Albert Pyun

Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 am

Eli Katz wrote:That's probably the best epitaph I've ever read.

Welcome to the Outhouse!


Think I'll ever be forgiven?? 20 years of penance is a long time. That whole Hulu showing my version just stoked the hellfires. I hope the new Cap allows my wreck to drift properly into obscurity.
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 am

Albert Pyun wrote:you know the 80's were a very weird time for me. I was just starting out and the business was in sort of a transitional state from theatrical only to Home video and cable tv.

I was attached to a lot of interesting projects like Total Recall with William Hurt and the Superman, Spider-Man, Captain America trifecta.

Problem back then was budgets. Or lack of them.

Ask me some specific things you might want to know and I'll answer in detail on my blog.

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com


Well, I'm still waiting for Sword and the Sorcerer 2: Electric Boogaloo, starring Katy Perry. I envision it as a musical in which she doesn't sing, just sorta...I dunno...jiggles a lot.

Oh, and people will probably need to get stabbed. But only the evil people, of course.

Alchemic_Spider

Postby Alchemic_Spider » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Think I'll ever be forgiven?? 20 years of penance is a long time. That whole Hulu showing my version just stoked the hellfires. I hope the new Cap allows my wreck to drift properly into obscurity.


Don't be so hard on yourself....could be worst...you could have made Batman Forever.

Albert Pyun

Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 am

Zechs wrote:I for one always enjoyed the 90s.. HEIL HITLER!

Ok I couldn't resist that.


I'm reviewing Captain America (1990) in March in my So I Finally Saw.. column ironically. I have to admit I did somewhat be enjoyed by the first twenty minutes. But come on. You didn't direct the 70s Capt did you? I mean if you did then why the heck didn't you have Reb Brown yell? I mean it's Reb Brown. The dude has to yell every time he does action. I think it was in his contract.


no, you can pin a lot of cheese on me, but not that one. There's a reason the first 20 minutes was better than the rest...one of blogs from Jan goes in gory detail about it.

Best
Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Think I'll ever be forgiven?? 20 years of penance is a long time. That whole Hulu showing my version just stoked the hellfires. I hope the new Cap allows my wreck to drift properly into obscurity.


Dude.. you made the 90s Cap, not the 70s. You're penance is over. No worries. At least your film HAD action in it. Plus Cap in the first ten minutes. Plus World War II. Oh and Nazis. :)
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 am

Albert Pyun wrote:Think I'll ever be forgiven?? 20 years of penance is a long time. That whole Hulu showing my version just stoked the hellfires. I hope the new Cap allows my wreck to drift properly into obscurity.


I wouldn't worry about it. It is the nature of the Internet that people talk a lot of shit. I mean, just look at Jude.

Albert Pyun

Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:41 am

Strict31 wrote:Well, I'm still waiting for Sword and the Sorcerer 2: Electric Boogaloo, starring Katy Perry. I envision it as a musical in which she doesn't sing, just sorta...I dunno...jiggles a lot.

Oh, and people will probably need to get stabbed. But only the evil people, of course.


ah...did someone let the cat out of the bag about my Sword follow up which comes out April 23rd? Tales of an Ancient Empire.

Best,
Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 am

Strict31 wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. It is the nature of the Internet that people talk a lot of shit. I mean, just look at Jude.

[meme]missionaccomplished[/meme]

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: contramundi, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Fysh, Google [Bot], HNutz, John Strange, Yahoo [Bot] and 38 guests

cron