Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 211 - X-MEN FOREVER #18

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 pm

amlah6 wrote:If Marvel wasn't contractually obligated to allow Claremont to write two comics per month, it would be your fault when X-Men Forever was canceled. :x

Does he have to write the same two every month, though?

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Does he have to write the same two every month, though?

he only ever wrote two and keeps writing them over and over... marvel knew what they were getting into.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:59 pm

thefourthman wrote:he only ever wrote two and keeps writing them over and over... marvel knew what they were getting into.

Jude needs to defend this book--I want to know what he's getting out of it. Also (to Jude), of all the people you've proselytized how many liked the book? You need to get your crew in here to tell us what was good about this issue. Or is it just Nerdygirl?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm

thefourthman wrote:yeah, stop fucking around with your robot alter ego and get to telling us why this comic is good. dammit. This is the worst review group ever. Even the one guy who liked it so far was like" whatever, I'm still not reading it"

I don't have my comics yet. :roll:

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I don't have my comics yet. :roll:

Dang. Well can you get anyone you know who's read it and liked it to post here, thereby throwing some proverbial chum in the waters?

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I would argue that it's not going to if you read one or two issues, though I haven't read this one yet. The more you read, the more you're hooked. Which is how comics were back then too. I would argue that people have simply gotten used to a different style.

That's one reason I wanted your opinion on this particular issue, it may not be the best sampling to hook someone.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Anyone interested in reviewing Image's Popgun Anthology for the site? They gave us a review PDF and offered interviews but there wasn't really any interest in the writers forum.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Anyone interested in reviewing Image's Popgun Anthology for the site? They gave us a review PDF and offered interviews but there wasn't really any interest in the writers forum.

I'd like to, but my free time has been tight lately. What's the deadline for review? Maybe I can swing it. I hate to hear there is no interest.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 pm

I am reviewing it for BF... so well there you go.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:36 am

Has Doomie made a pick for next week yet?

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:44 am

Jude Terror wrote:I think it came out this week or comes out next week. Sometime soon, like in the next 1-3 weeks, so it would be relevant. Let me know and I'll send you the PDF.

you have pms... wait, I meant a pm.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am

Jude Terror wrote:I think it came out this week or comes out next week. Sometime soon, like in the next 1-3 weeks, so it would be relevant. Let me know and I'll send you the PDF.

Yeah, what the hey. 1-3 weeks is a decent time, as long as no one reports my avatars or anyone else I know commits suicide, I'm in.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:52 am

Spicy Dick wrote:Yeah, what the hey. 1-3 weeks is a decent time, as long as no one reports my avatars or anyone else I know commits suicide, I'm in.

:shock: really? I'm sorry.

Popgun has been a lot of fun so far, I am sure you will hate it! :D

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 am

thefourthman wrote::shock: really? I'm sorry.

Popgun has been a lot of fun so far, I am sure you will hate it! :D

R.I.P. Vic Chestnutt

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2009/ ... oma_1.html

I've been a little down since Christmas.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 am

Spicy Dick wrote:R.I.P. Vic Chestnutt

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2009/ ... oma_1.html

I've been a little down since Christmas.

that's crazy!

leave a comment with facebook