Advertisement

Another Movie Poster (The Slammin Salmon)

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dooz

Liked in: 0 post

Another Movie Poster (The Slammin Salmon)

Postby Dooz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:11 am

So, I read an article about Broken Lizards new movie The Slammin' Salmon coming out on DVD, and the poster/package art is just pretty amazingly bad:

So, I decided to stretch a bit and try out some Saul Bass/1950s inspired posters based on the Broken Lizard movies. Here's the layout for the first one, The Slammin' Salmon:

Here's the trailer for the movie:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-RjVZ5E3Vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-RjVZ5E3Vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Advertisement

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Re: Another Movie Poster (The Slammin Salmon)

Postby eltopo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:23 am

Dooz wrote:So, I read an article about Broken Lizards new movie The Slammin' Salmon coming out on DVD, and the poster/package art is just pretty amazingly bad:

So, I decided to stretch a bit and try out some Saul Bass/1950s inspired posters based on the Broken Lizard movies. Here's the layout for the first one, The Slammin' Salmon:

Here's the trailer for the movie:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-RjVZ5E3Vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-RjVZ5E3Vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the trailer looks funny though I hope the fact that it's Straight to dvd indicates it's quality

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:24 am

your poster is cool
I'd frame that in my house

Dooz

Postby Dooz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 am

We can give it away as a freebie with your MS Paint coffee table book!

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:21 am

Dooz wrote:We can give it away as a freebie with your MS Paint coffee table book!

I'm in !

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:58 am

That doesn't look good.

Your poster does look good though, Dooz.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner