Advertisement

Review Group Week 209 - CHOKER #1/TAILS OF THE PET AVENGERS

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:How did they figure he was a carrier?

That stinks, doctors are basically clueless when it comes to that stuff. My business partner's mom nearly died or lost an arm from a routine outpatient procedure. I know a doctor who told me flat out not to undergo any unnecessary operations here in town because the situation in the larger hospitals is worse than they let on.

Evidently it is epidemic level here, so they are testing everyone who came into the VA. They tested him and he came up positive even though he shows no symptoms. It is all really odd. All I know is by the time I left the hospital monday afternoon my skin was crawling and I couldn't scrub hard enough in the shower.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 pm

thefourthman wrote:Evidently it is epidemic level here, so they are testing everyone who came into the VA. They tested him and he came up positive even though he shows no symptoms. It is all really odd. All I know is by the time I left the hospital monday afternoon my skin was crawling and I couldn't scrub hard enough in the shower.

Well...don't scrub away your skin's natural protective layers and give yourself necrotizing flesh-eating-itis!

Ugh. It's epidemic in a lot of places they aren't telling people too, believe me.

Basically the hospitals are having no luck getting it under control.

Sorry dude, my dad just got an operation for cancer this week.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Well...don't scrub away your skin's natural protective layers and give yourself necrotizing flesh-eating-itis!

Ugh. It's epidemic in a lot of places they aren't telling people too, believe me.

Basically the hospitals are having no luck getting it under control.

Sorry dude, my dad just got an operation for cancer this week.

That sucks, he okay?

My dad went into see his regular doctor yesterday and he told him that the reason they aren't going all nuts with it is that it really isn't that big of a deal to begin with and it's like herpes, they can treat it but not cure it. Most people who show symptoms don't even ever notice that anything is wrong. Something like 75% of the population is suspected to have it.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Sorry dude, my dad just got an operation for cancer this week.

Damn, sorry J. I hope he's doing okay.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 pm

thefourthman wrote:That sucks, he okay?

My dad went into see his regular doctor yesterday and he told him that the reason they aren't going all nuts with it is that it really isn't that big of a deal to begin with and it's like herpes, they can treat it but not cure it. Most people who show symptoms don't even ever notice that anything is wrong. Something like 75% of the population is suspected to have it.

Tell that to the woman who almost died. It sounds like not the full story again to me.

As to my dad, yeah I guess.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:57 pm

Choker #1

So I really wanted to like this book. I really did.

It started out okay, then it quickly started to feel like a cross between Fell and the one Templesmith did with the jail and the werewolves, then there were vampire druggies, how anita blakey of Mccool... then there were vampires. It felt like I had read this before.

Turns out Templesmith isn't as interesting when the story is lack luster. This wasn't bad, just boring and disappointing.

Story 5
Art 6
Overall 5.5

thank god for talking animal comics, huh?

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:57 pm

I got my copy of Choker today... review this weekend!

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Choker #1
This has been sitting on my kitchen counter for a week and I finally managed to pick it up last night. I wasn't too impressed with this, it was a ho-hum introductory issue. I thought it was alright up until they introduced the vampires, normally I would be into that but for whatever reason that turned me off even more. The lead character is somewhat unlikable and the build up to the end is a little boring. The art is typical Templesmith which is extremely stylized and I am pretty indifferent with it. I definitely will not be continuing on with this since I just don't really care about any of the characters and if you are gonna do vampires it better be something that is damn original and gonna hook me from go... I am starting to wish my shop had the super hero pets comic instead of this.

STORY - 5

ART - 6

OVERALL - 5.5

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand