Monday, November 20, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Sergeant Stiles Returns in Garth Ennis' 'Battlefields #4'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:01 pm

ImageAcclaimed writer Garth Ennis and fan-favorite character Sergeant Stiles are back in March 2010 for another run on "Battlefields"!

This time, Stilesis taking the helm of a Firefly in "The Firefly and His Majesty." Inthis sequel to the critically acclaimed "The Tankies" storyline, it's1945 and Stiles has been promoted from Corporal to Sergeant. With hisFirefly, a British version of the Sherman Tank, and a high-velocitygun, Sherman is set to tear apart any German Tiger tanks in his own way- but this time, the Germans have an ace up their sleeve…the fearsomeKing Tiger tank!

"It's early 1945 and the recently promotedSergeant Stiles is now happily in command of a Firefly, a Britishadaptation of the American Sherman tank with a high-velocity gun - onethat can even take out Stiles' nemesis from last time, the GermanTiger," says Garth Ennis. "But as the Allied armies advance onto Germansoil, Hitler's armies are getting ready to go down fighting, and Stilessoon finds himself locked in a one-on-one duel with the fearsome KingTiger tank. This monster makes the ordinary Tiger look like a housecat, so it's pretty much back to square one for our hero and his crew…which Stiles takes with his usual good humor and stoicism, of course. …Anna Kharkova from 'The Night Witches'and Corporal (now Sergeant) Stiles from 'The Tankies' were both strongenough characters that I wanted to write new stories for them."

With interiors by the talented Carlos Ezquerraand beautiful covers by veteran series cover artist Gary Leach,"Battlefields" continues to fire on all cylinders in this highlyanticipated follow-up to "The Tankies." That's not all - the criticsagree that Ennis' relaunch in the action-filled period of World War II is the best yet! Just take a look at this acclaim for "Battlefields: Happy Valley!"

"Dynamitehas a good series here with stories that Ennis truly seems passionateabout. While it is hard to emotionally invest in these characters dueto their lack of history, there is no denying these characters arehuman and can be related to or empathized with. For those looking for awar comic fix, you certainly cannot go wrong with Ennis' series." -Doug Zawisa, Comic Book Resources

"Many may think that you need to be a so-called "war buff" in order to enjoy Ennis series. Having read very few war comicsmyself, I can tell you that all you need to be is a fan of a goodstory. The details of its timeframe are almost irrelevant, focusing onthe men more than the mission. It's as if the war only acts as aconduit for these tales of bravery and valor." - Noel Bartocci, BrokenFrontier

"Battlefields: Happy Valley is the perfect example ofhow war comics should be done. Actually, it's not just an example of aperfect war comic, it's an example of a perfect comic! Garth Ennis' characterdriven script, accompanied by PJ Holden's intense and powerful artwork,make for one of the best comics on the shelves. The second season ofBattlefields is of to a fine start, and sets the bar incredibly highfor the rest of the series." - Hypergeek

Written by GARTH ENNIS
Art by CARLOS EZQUERRA
Cover by GARRY LAECH
32 pages FC - $3.50

ABOUT DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT:

DYNAMITEENTERTAINMENT, the publishing division of DYNAMIC FORCES, INC., wasfounded in 2004 and is home to several best-selling comic book titles and properties, including Red Sonja, Project Superpowers, The Boys, Army of Darkness, Battlestar Galactica, The Lone Ranger, Zorro and more!

Inaddition to their critically-acclaimed titles and best selling comics,Dynamite works with some of the most high profile creators in comicsand entertainment, including Alex Ross, John Cassaday, Garth Ennis, Michael Turner, Jim Lee, Michael Avon Oeming, Brian Reed, Mel Rubi, Marc Guggenheim, Stephen Sadowski, Mike Carey, Jim Krueger, Greg Pak, Brett Matthews, Matt Wagner and a host of up and coming new talent and fan favorite creators!

To find a comic shop near you, call 1-888-comicbook

For art and more information, please visit: www.dynamiteentertainment.comDYNAMITE is consistently ranked in the upper tiers of comic book publishersand several of their more recent launches - including Alex Ross and JimKrueger's PROJECT SUPERPOWERS - have debuted in the Top Ten listsproduced by Diamond Comics Distributors.In 2005 Diamond awarded the company a GEM award for Best New Publisherand another GEM in 2006 for Comics Publisher of the Year (under 5%).The company has also been nominated for several industry awards,including the prestigious Eisner Award.

Aside from their monthly periodical comic book series, DYNAMITE also produces new and classic material, including Tim Truman's SCOUT, Carlos Trillo and Eduardo Risso's BORDERLINE and TALES OF TERROR, Jim Starlin's DREADSTAR, as well as well as reprint editions of classic RED SONJA material.

Source: Press Release

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:05 pm

The Tankies is easily my least favorite Battlefields story. I'm not thrilled that it's being revisited, but I'll still read it.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am

amlah6 wrote:The Tankies is easily my least favorite Battlefields story. I'm not thrilled that it's being revisited, but I'll still read it.

I liked Tankies, not as much as Dear Billy, but I had a hard time understanding Stiles.

leave a comment with facebook