Advertisement

Pokemon games

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:58 am

AMS wrote:I would actually agree that the game has the best starting pokemon ever when I really think about it. All 3 of them were useful, unlike in the first game where only the water and fire ones were useful. I still think charmander is still the best starting pokemon though, and has the most powerful final form of any of the starting pokemon in the entire franchise.

I chose: Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Treecko and Piplup in the games. I'll choose Cyndaquil again on Soul Silver,

Advertisement

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 430 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:00 am

Punchy wrote:I chose: Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Treecko and Piplup in the games. I'll choose Cyndaquil again on Soul Silver,

I chose:
Charmander
Cyndaquil
Treeko (i think)
Chimchar

The last two stunk big time. But both Charmander and Cyndaquil were my main powerhouses for the entire first two games.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 373 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Pokemon games

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 am

AMS wrote: I was wondering are their any plans to remake red and blue?

Not since they did it back a few years ago...

ImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:11 am

AMS wrote:one thing the Pokemon games really need to fix is the HM moves. It is stupid that you have to have all these moves to progress through the game (Dig, fly, flash, swim, strenght, cut) and they permanently take up a spot on your pokemons move set. They really need to make those an additional fifth move or something rather than forcing you to permanently have your pokemon use that move for the whole game.

Just make a HM Slaves.

I feed Bidoof and Tropius all the HM's and I need never waste a move slot again.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:15 am

Amoebas wrote:Just make a HM Slaves.

I feed Bidoof and Tropius all the HM's and I need never waste a move slot again.

Yeah but switching out pokemon is still a pain. Plus what if you are in the woods and want to fly off somewhere, well you really can't do it easily because you have to go back to a town to get your slave. It really is the best option for really worthless ones like cut and flash though I would agree.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:21 am

Punchy wrote:I chose: Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Treecko and Piplup in the games. I'll choose Cyndaquil again on Soul Silver,

If the preview info is correct, there's actually three sets of starters for this game.

Chikorita, Totodile & Cyndaquil available at the start.

Once you beat the intial champion (Red) you can apparently obtain either Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Charmander and somewhere else you can get either Treeko, Mudkip or Torchik. Don't know if this is a restart of the game or not.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:22 am

Thunderstorm wrote:The next version of Pokemon (On the DS) is supposed to be the start of a whole new series.

A true RPG I've heard. Looking forward to it (and the next generation).

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 am

Amoebas wrote:If the preview info is correct, there's actually three sets of starters for this game.

Chikorita, Totodile & Cyndaquil available at the start.

Once you beat the intial champion (Red) you can apparently obtain either Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Charmander and somewhere else you can get either Treeko, Mudkip or Torchik. Don't know if this is a restart of the game or not.

that would be great since if you do not choose a fire pokemon at the start you pretty much have to wait till the end of the game to catch a wild one. Grass pokemon are the easiest to get and as a result were never really worth getting in the beginning. Water pokemon are easy if you do not mind fishing. So basically this would allow you to get three powerful pokemon while not having to worry about waiting too long, or simply doing something boring like fishing over and over again.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:24 am

AMS wrote:Yeah but switching out pokemon is still a pain. Plus what if you are in the woods and want to fly off somewhere, well you really can't do it easily because you have to go back to a town to get your slave. It really is the best option for really worthless ones like cut and flash though I would agree.

I usually play with Aerdactyl so I don't mind giving him Fly if I have to (it's not that bad of a move with him being half Flying and all).

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:26 am

AMS wrote:I chose:
Charmander
Cyndaquil
Treeko (i think)
Chimchar

The last two stunk big time. But both Charmander and Cyndaquil were my main powerhouses for the entire first two games.

I always start with Grass. It's like starting with the difficulty setting set to max (as compared to the other types: Fire = easy, Water = medium)

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 509 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 am

Punchy wrote:Gold and Silver are the best games in the franchise, so I have high hopes for Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Cyndaquil is the best starting Pokemon ever! I love that little guy!

What's this Pedometer that comes with the games? How does it work?

[youtube=560,340,k8q6MBBGCT0][/youtube]
Image Image Image ImageImage

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:50 am

Amoebas wrote:I always start with Grass. It's like starting with the difficulty setting set to max (as compared to the other types: Fire = easy, Water = medium)

Well in the first game the fire pokemon was completely useless in the first two gym battles, where the grass always had the damage bonus. Aside from that Charizard is way more powerful than blastoise or the final form of the grass pokemon. In the other games I tried to switch it up a bit, but after the 2nd game it was kind of pointless to use the starting pokemon for too long, they were too weak.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:59 am

AMS wrote:Well in the first game the fire pokemon was completely useless in the first two gym battles, where the grass always had the damage bonus. Aside from that Charizard is way more powerful than blastoise or the final form of the grass pokemon. In the other games I tried to switch it up a bit, but after the 2nd game it was kind of pointless to use the starting pokemon for too long, they were too weak.

I'm toying playing with all startes this Sunday.

Two games - in both, start the game grab a starter and catch a junk Pokemon. Trade. Repeat this again and three starters. Shouldn't take 30 minutes (of course you'd need someone else to help unless you have two DS's and two game packs).

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 102 posts

Postby misac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Amoebas wrote:I usually play with Aerdactyl so I don't mind giving him Fly if I have to (it's not that bad of a move with him being half Flying and all).

Fly is one of my favorite moves. I love Fearow.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 102 posts

Postby misac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Amoebas wrote:I always start with Grass. It's like starting with the difficulty setting set to max (as compared to the other types: Fire = easy, Water = medium)

I start with grass in the first one cause Bulbasaur is my favorite.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum