Advertisement

Pokemon games

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Amoebas wrote:I'm toying playing with all startes this Sunday.

Two games - in both, start the game grab a starter and catch a junk Pokemon. Trade. Repeat this again and three starters. Shouldn't take 30 minutes (of course you'd need someone else to help unless you have two DS's and two game packs).

I bought a second GB color and a transfer cable so I could do it myself on the original game. lol

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby misac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Amoebas wrote:I'm toying playing with all startes this Sunday.

Two games - in both, start the game grab a starter and catch a junk Pokemon. Trade. Repeat this again and three starters. Shouldn't take 30 minutes (of course you'd need someone else to help unless you have two DS's and two game packs).

My nephew is getting it too so I'll be trading with him. 8)

I got an email from Gamestop a while ago where they were giving out a special Pickachu.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 pm

misac wrote:My nephew is getting it too so I'll be trading with him. 8)

I got an email from Gamestop a while ago where they were giving out a special Pickachu.

Not a Pikachu colored Pichu?

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:42 pm

sdsichero wrote:Not a Pikachu colored Pichu?

Yeah that's it.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:58 pm

misac wrote:I start with grass in the first one cause Bulbasaur is my favorite.

No he's not.

He's my favorite (even named my old Civic after him) (I'm such a geek).

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:01 pm

misac wrote:My nephew is getting it too so I'll be trading with him. 8)

That's an old email. The Pichu event is over (sorry, but until you get one you won't be able to capture the spikey eared Pichu in the game).

Just came back from Gamestop at lunch because of the 'other' download event. Jirachi is available at Gamestops thru Saturday.

On the other hand - I might have an extra Pichu from the event (if my nephews didn't nab the ones I got). So if you want to set up the friend stuff in the game we can hook up and trade.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Amoebas wrote:That's an old email. The Pichu event is over (sorry, but until you get one you won't be able to capture the spikey eared Pichu in the game).

Just came back from Gamestop at lunch because of the 'other' download event. Jirachi is available at Gamestops thru Saturday.

On the other hand - I might have an extra Pichu from the event (if my nephews didn't nab the ones I got). So if you want to set up the friend stuff in the game we can hook up and trade.

Oh, I thought it was for the new game. I don't have Diamond or the other one.

So how does it work? You just go to a GS and ask for it? Just last night I told my nephew about the Pikachu offer and he told me he wanted a Jirachi. It grants wishes or somethng right?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 pm

There's a store near me giving out Arceus on Saturday! I am so going.

PDH
rubber spoon

Postby PDH » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 pm

AMS wrote:one thing the Pokemon games really need to fix is the HM moves. It is stupid that you have to have all these moves to progress through the game (Dig, fly, flash, swim, strenght, cut) and they permanently take up a spot on your pokemons move set. They really need to make those an additional fifth move or something rather than forcing you to permanently have your pokemon use that move for the whole game.

My idea for a way to improve the games was to let the player have a seventh 'pet' Pokémon like Pikachu in Yellow. It would follow you around and do all that bullshit for you. Additionally, maybe it could provide help in battles and every Pokemon could have different effects. Like, say some could boost your attack or something, maybe even pull of a certain move (unique to each Pokémon?) in special circumstances during battles.

You'd be able to do this with most if not all Pokémon, though it would be weird having an Onyx or a Goldeen follow you around! The fish looking ones would have to fly or something but if you think about it, it's just as weird that they can have battles on dry land.

It would add an extra element of strategy and I think it would be fun. You could also get some utility out of those Pokémon that are useless in battle. If they're not good at anything else, maybe they'd make a good pet.

Miracloman
Great Scott!!!

Title: Seduce and Destroy
Formerly: some guy from the 'Rama

Postby Miracloman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:45 pm

Punchy wrote:Gold and Silver are the best games in the franchise, so I have high hopes for Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Cyndaquil is the best starting Pokemon ever! I love that little guy!

What's this Pedometer that comes with the games? How does it work?

Don't know it looks like a Tamagochi kind of thing.
(and Charmander>Cyndaquil)But I do agree Silver/Gold were the best of the franchise.
Last edited by Miracloman on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strict31 wrote:Curse you!

You've escaped from the trap that has always captured coyle and bender!!!

There will be another day, Miracloman! Another day!!!!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:46 pm

misac wrote:Oh, I thought it was for the new game. I don't have Diamond or the other one.

So how does it work? You just go to a GS and ask for it? Just last night I told my nephew about the Pikachu offer and he told me he wanted a Jirachi. It grants wishes or somethng right?

You'll need Diamond, Pearl or Platinum.

Just go to a Gamestop, enter the door and turn the game on. When you get to the prompt to start the game or MYSTERY GIFT.

Hit the Gift option, then choose the middle option (wireless) and it's done.

Actually, an important step is getting the Mystery Gift option turned on. To do that spend five minutes doing this...

1.Go to the Jubilife TV Station in Jubilife City
2.Go to the 3rd floor.
3.Talk to the man in the lower room (the guy on the left).
4.The first two words you tell him are "everyone" and "happy"
5.The second two words you tell him are "Wi-Fi" and "Connection."
6.Finally, you will be able to access Mystery Gift in the Main Menu.
At Jubilife TV, there is a man that will ask for your opinion on tv. For the first 2 words, say EVERYONE and HAPPY. For the last 2 words, say WIFI and CONNECTION.

It's supid easy after that. Just reset the game, go to any Pokestore and the mailman is there at the counter with your Pokemon.

Also - you only get one Jirachi per game pack. If you try a second time it'll block you.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:50 pm

PDH wrote:My idea for a way to improve the games was to let the player have a seventh 'pet' Pokémon like Pikachu in Yellow. It would follow you around and do all that bullshit for you. Additionally, maybe it could provide help in battles and every Pokemon could have different effects. Like, say some could boost your attack or something, maybe even pull of a certain move (unique to each Pokémon?) in special circumstances during battles.

You'd be able to do this with most if not all Pokémon, though it would be weird having an Onyx or a Goldeen follow you around! The fish looking ones would have to fly or something but if you think about it, it's just as weird that they can have battles on dry land.

It would add an extra element of strategy and I think it would be fun. You could also get some utility out of those Pokémon that are useless in battle. If they're not good at anything else, maybe they'd make a good pet.

That's a great idea.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Amoebas wrote:You'll need Diamond, Pearl or Platinum.

Just go to a Gamestop, enter the door and turn the game on. When you get to the prompt to start the game or MYSTERY GIFT.

Hit the Gift option, then choose the middle option (wireless) and it's done.

Actually, an important step is getting the Mystery Gift option turned on. To do that spend five minutes doing this...

1.Go to the Jubilife TV Station in Jubilife City
2.Go to the 3rd floor.
3.Talk to the man in the lower room (the guy on the left).
4.The first two words you tell him are "everyone" and "happy"
5.The second two words you tell him are "Wi-Fi" and "Connection."
6.Finally, you will be able to access Mystery Gift in the Main Menu.
At Jubilife TV, there is a man that will ask for your opinion on tv. For the first 2 words, say EVERYONE and HAPPY. For the last 2 words, say WIFI and CONNECTION.

It's supid easy after that. Just reset the game, go to any Pokestore and the mailman is there at the counter with your Pokemon.

Also - you only get one Jirachi per game pack. If you try a second time it'll block you.

Thanks. I'm gonna print this out for him.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Miracloman wrote:Don't know it looks like a Tamagochi kind of thing.
(and Charmander>Cyndaquil)But I do agree Silver/Gold were the best of the franchise.

Charmander sucks! My Squirtle owned it every time.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 pm

misac wrote:Thanks. I'm gonna print this out for him.

I didn't see them at the Gamestop I went to (didn't ask either) but they should have a flier there for the noobs just in case.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum