Advertisement

Review Group Week 213 - DAYTRIPPER #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:43 am

MrBlack wrote:South Park already did it. :lol:

"Simpsons did it!"

Yeah, but it's completely different, it's not played for laughs in Daytripper.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Punchy wrote:"Simpsons did it!"

Yeah, but it's completely different, it's not played for laughs in Daytripper.

Nothing was played for a laugh in Daytripper.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Guys, guys--check this out: Between my last post here (before the Daytripper one prior to this) and now, I was in a car chase, had a weapon pulled on me, and took said weapon away (and of all things just threw it on a roof, not the brightest thing but that's just what I did sort of automatically).

Now I am home and having a sort of adrenaline crash or something, my teeth are chattering.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Guys, guys--check this out: Between my last post here (before the Daytripper one prior to this) and now, I was in a car chase, had a weapon pulled on me, and took said weapon away (and of all things just threw it on a roof, not the brightest thing but that's just what I did sort of automatically).

Now I am home and having a sort of adrenaline crash or something, my teeth are chattering.

it's a heart attack, get to the hospital stat.

Also that 3d Cop Out must be really emmersive.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:40 pm

thefourthman wrote:it's a heart attack, get to the hospital stat.

Also that 3d Cop Out must be really emmersive.

It's not a heart attack btu it's a piss poor time to have not a drop of spirits in the house.

Question: Where do you go if you actually want to make a anonymous call to the 50? I could only think of one place in town where I knew there'd be payphones.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:45 pm

PS And Fuck you! This is the first time a weapon's been pulled on me that hasn't required the emergency room! :lol:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:It's not a heart attack btu it's a piss poor time to have not a drop of spirits in the house.

Question: Where do you go if you actually want to make a anonymous call to the 50? I could only think of one place in town where I knew there'd be payphones.

Just go to a bar.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:PS And Fuck you! This is the first time a weapon's been pulled on me that hasn't required the emergency room! :lol:

Wait, you been shot or shot people?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:Just go to a bar.

I don't even know if most bars have payphones--you mean the bar phone? I was kinda super paranoid at that point, I actually went to the bus station which wasn't very far.

thefourthman wrote:Wait, you been shot or shot people?

I don't own a gun. I don't really like them. I've never shot anyone and this may've been the closest I've been to being shot. I've seen tons of gun violence and other stuff though, remember I lived in the ghetto as a kid for years. I have been been stabbed twice, though. And worse.

EDIT: One was really more of a slicing than a stabbing. Plus I thought of one other instance where I was probably closer to being shot actually. I

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:PS And Fuck you! This is the first time a weapon's been pulled on me that hasn't required the emergency room! :lol:

I worked late night fast food. A confrontation in the parking lot between 2 customers. Guy pulls a shotgun from his trunk. Cops are driving by. I wave them down. I run outside to make sure the cop knows about the shotgun, only to find myself staring down the barrel of the cop's gun. He knew about shotgun, and thought maybe I was that guy.

No shots fired, and I live to tell a boring story. But I can relate to the adrenaline rush. You should try to have sex before the rush wears off. Seriously intense.

Oh, and when the rush goes away, you may feel fatigued for a few hours or even a day or two.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:57 pm

Punchy wrote:Woo! This is going to be a good week, I reckon scores will be high.

So far, this is not true.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Old Man wrote:I worked late night fast food. A confrontation in the parking lot between 2 customers. Guy pulls a shotgun from his trunk. Cops are driving by. I wave them down. I run outside to make sure the cop knows about the shotgun, only to find myself staring down the barrel of the cop's gun. He knew about shotgun, and thought maybe I was that guy.

No shots fired, and I live to tell a boring story. But I can relate to the adrenaline rush. You should try to have sex before the rush wears off. Seriously intense.

Oh, and when the rush goes away, you may feel fatigued for a few hours or even a day or two.

No kidding. I'd still be crashed out but my dogs woke me up a minute ago and I'm gonna take 'em for a quick walk. It was one of those disorienting wake ups where you aren't sure when, where, who etc. Hopefully I'll have another good power nap afterwards.

I should PM you the story, it begins with a person doing something dumb and almost causing a car accident..

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 141 posts

Postby MrBlack » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:No kidding. I'd still be crashed out but my dogs woke me up a minute ago and I'm gonna take 'em for a quick walk. It was one of those disorienting wake ups where you aren't sure when, where, who etc. Hopefully I'll have another good power nap afterwards.

I should PM you the story, it begins with a person doing something dumb and almost causing a car accident..

Oh lord...:lol:

Glad to hear you're alright at least.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Do I need previous issues to understand this?

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:Do I need previous issues to understand this?

Nope. Each issue is a complete story, but it rewards those who have read previous issues.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand