Sunday, July 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Thor: Reign of Blood=Fantastic(Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 am

I'm not really sure why they didn't make Ages of Thunder, Reign of Blood, and Man of War a miniseries, because that's what it is, but the first two have been fantastic reading.

For those of you who didn't read Ages of Thunder, this is a tale of Thor in the era of the 23rd Ragnarok, and this is Thor before he's been tempered by time and relentless war into being the compassionate Thunder-God that he is today. In short, Thor is quite the asshole.

Reign of Blood is divided into two stories, the first is about Odin and the Frost Giant's daughter from Ages of Thunder. The second story, which spins out of the first, begins with The Enchantress coveting a treasure of the dwarves and concludes with Thor creating Sleipnir and waging war on midgard, hence the title of the next installment.

The Blood Colossus is so awesome I really don't have the words for it.

I'll leave you with a quick bit of dialog from Odin regarding the Frost Giant's daughter, "a creaking floor of ice, a heatless flame, a yawning wolf, a soft-eyed raven, a boar that snarls in hunger, a rootless tree, the undertow at dusk, a kettle on the cusp of a boil, a witch with a promise, a corpse with money in it's pockets, the killer of your brother, a lame -legged thoroughbred--these are all things to trust more than a woman's word! Especially that woman!"

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:41 pm

I really enjoyed Thor:Reign of Blood. Lord forbid it be anytime soon, but, if JMS ever leaves Thor, I hope Marvel lets Matt Fraction write the title.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Not releasing this as a mini was so stupid. I just bought the first issue thinking it was a one shot.

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:24 pm

misac wrote:Not releasing this as a mini was so stupid. I just bought the first issue thinking it was a one shot.

It certainly doesn't help that they say 'one-shot' on them, either. I really don't get it.

They're very good, though.

leave a comment with facebook