Monday, May 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Pokemon

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:09 am

King Impulse wrote:Is it out in America already?

Bastards.


Ingloriously!
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:14 am

Amoebas wrote:Ingloriously!

I've gotta wait until the 26th!

Playing Platinum in the meantime, I kind of just stopped after the Elite Four.
User avatar

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:39 pm

King Impulse wrote:I've gotta wait until the 26th!

Playing Platinum in the meantime, I kind of just stopped after the Elite Four.


I don't even have a DS,otherwise I would all be over this(and it would have been a neat birthday present).Pity, I always thought G/S/Crys were the best ones of the series.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 am

So anyone else got this? I still haven't played a true Pokémon game yet (just Mystery Dungeon). I do have Platinum so am trying to find the time to read how to start. :(

Any impressions yet Amoebas?
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:18 am

Miracloman wrote:I don't even have a DS,otherwise I would all be over this(and it would have been a neat birthday present).Pity, I always thought G/S/Crys were the best ones of the series.


I'm Nintendo this generation -- Wii & DS. Between the two I've been playing the DS way more.

Except for the Atari VCS & 5200, the DS is the most I've played any game system.

Get one! :D
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:52 am

sdsichero wrote:So anyone else got this? I still haven't played a true Pokémon game yet (just Mystery Dungeon). I do have Platinum so am trying to find the time to read how to start. :(

Any impressions yet Amoebas?

If you've ever played a Pokemon game you know the drill...
walk, random fight, walk, random fight, walk, trainer fight, walk, town, gym battle, etc etc.

Same deal here, the story part is almost the same as usual (still love it).

It's afterwards that I'm most looking forward to (but then I'm a collector, breeder and gamer).

The full extent of what happens afterward is so far unknown - the cheat book that came out yesterday only covers up to the final battle. Amazon shows the next strategy guide coming out next month that covers the rest (with pokedex) - and it's huge.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 am

As for the Starts we discussed earlier - no way/time to trade back and forth to get all 3 starters here. It's at least a half hour in before you can trade. Not worth it.

So I thought I'd take a short cut so I bred an Jolly Aerodactyl with Rockhead in Fire Red, tutored it Double-Edge, Pal Parked it to Diamond, gave it a Power Anklet and traded it to Gold.

The hour I didn't want to spend traded the three starters ended up being an hour and half to get one. :roll:
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 am

Amoebas wrote:As for the Starts we discussed earlier - no way/time to trade back and forth to get all 3 starters here. It's at least a half hour in before you can trade. Not worth it.

So I thought I'd take a short cut so I bred an Jolly Aerodactyl with Rockhead in Fire Red, tutored it Double-Edge, Pal Parked it to Diamond, gave it a Power Anklet and traded it to Gold.

The hour I didn't want to spend traded the three starters ended up being an hour and half to get one. :roll:


Haha sounds complicated. Hope it was fun. Did you try the Pokewalker yet?
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 am

sdsichero wrote:Haha sounds complicated. Hope it was fun. Did you try the Pokewalker yet?

Put a Gastly in there last night. Haven't done much else with it yet.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:09 pm

sdsichero wrote:So anyone else got this? I still haven't played a true Pokémon game yet (just Mystery Dungeon). I do have Platinum so am trying to find the time to read how to start. :(

Any impressions yet Amoebas?


It's pretty much like any RPG. You get to pick water, fire, or grass as your starting pokemon.

I haven't gotten mine yet, Amazon hasn't even shipped it out. :x
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Amoebas wrote:Heart Gold - just started it.

Toys R us has a deal for release day - buy the game get a free t-shirt, game cases, stylus's, $5 gift card, etc.

Best deal from the major sellers that I saw.


That's a pretty sweet deal. I think Amazon had a figure if you preordered.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:33 pm

misac wrote:It's pretty much like any RPG. You get to pick water, fire, or grass as your starting pokemon.

I haven't gotten mine yet, Amazon hasn't even shipped it out. :x


That sucks. I pre-ordered Infinite Space off of Amazon and though it releases this week, the estimated time is 2 weeks from now I think. Oh well, am in no rush.
User avatar

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Amoebas wrote:If you've ever played a Pokemon game you know the drill...
walk, random fight, walk, random fight, walk, trainer fight, walk, town, gym battle, etc etc.

Same deal here, the story part is almost the same as usual (still love it).

It's afterwards that I'm most looking forward to (but then I'm a collector, breeder and gamer).

The full extent of what happens afterward is so far unknown - the cheat book that came out yesterday only covers up to the final battle. Amazon shows the next strategy guide coming out next month that covers the rest (with pokedex) - and it's huge.


There's a few walkthrough guides here and here.
User avatar

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:27 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Get one! :D

For now I can't.I am unemployed and whatever I can spare goes to some car repairs.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Miracloman wrote:For now I can't.I am unemployed and whatever I can spare goes to some car repairs.


Steal one :D





































just kidding

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Draco x, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Liam Moorhart, MSNbot Media, NeverReady, senwolf and 59 guests