Advertisement

More reasons to hate post-secondary institutions

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:43 am

Right before I graduated college, I got a bill for $700 and change. I didn't understand, since I had a full scholarship. They claimed somehow that since I had filled out a form for NY state aid and it had been approved, but wrongfully or something, that everything had been adjusted and I owed that money. I was so pissed because I would have just not filled out the form for that aid at all. and I didn't have the money.

Got in a screaming match with the financial aid people who were rude from the start of the conversation and didn't seem to get my point. I crumpled up the bill and threw it in the person's face and walked out. Really stupid. :oops:

A week later I got a bill for $225. They made some sort of adjustement to the records. Reluctantly, I paid it though it was a real hardship.

Advertisement

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:07 am

Spiderrob wrote:Right before I graduated college, I got a bill for $700 and change. I didn't understand, since I had a full scholarship. They claimed somehow that since I had filled out a form for NY state aid and it had been approved, but wrongfully or something, that everything had been adjusted and I owed that money. I was so pissed because I would have just not filled out the form for that aid at all. and I didn't have the money.

Got in a screaming match with the financial aid people who were rude from the start of the conversation and didn't seem to get my point. I crumpled up the bill and threw it in the person's face and walked out. Really stupid. :oops:

A week later I got a bill for $225. They made some sort of adjustement to the records. Reluctantly, I paid it though it was a real hardship.

You couldnt afford $700? Poor bastard...:lol:

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:10 am

jza1218 wrote:You couldnt afford $700? Poor bastard...:lol:

Not when I was 21. I was broke.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum